Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Covid 19 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/covid-19-a-306446/)

Investment Painting Contractors 05-14-2020 07:57 AM

Covid 19

I'm Confused???? 42,402 cases reported in Florida. Is this a cumulative total? Does any body ever get better? If they do why are they reported as cases in Florida? Are the (Deaths) part of this number? Shouldn't anybody who has died or gotten better be subtracted from this number? WHAT IS THE ACTIVE NUMBER OF CASES ? Just asking Len

Bogie Shooter 05-14-2020 08:37 AM

Home | Florida Department of Health COVID-19 Outbreak

Investment Painting Contractors 05-14-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1764817)

Still confused. so all 42,000 are still active cases? Or did I miss something? Len Thanks for the reply.

gatorbill1 05-14-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1764817)

This site leaves a lot to be desired. Does not count anyone who does not have FL drivers license. They could be snowbirds who live here, die here and have their final resting spot here, BUT they are not counted. Makes us look better for opening up more.

Bogie Shooter 05-14-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors (Post 1764831)
Still confused. so all 42,000 are still active cases? Or did I miss something? Len Thanks for the reply.

Not an authority, I would think it is those testing positive accumulative. Some get better on their own, some are hospitalized and some die.

GoodLife 05-14-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors (Post 1764772)
I'm Confused???? 42,402 cases reported in Florida. Is this a cumulative total? Does any body ever get better? If they do why are they reported as cases in Florida? Are the (Deaths) part of this number? Shouldn't anybody who has died or gotten better be subtracted from this number? WHAT IS THE ACTIVE NUMBER OF CASES ? Just asking Len

go here, scroll down to find data for each Florida county

http://ww11.doh.state.fl.us/comm/_pa...s_20200513.pdf

blueash 05-14-2020 10:27 AM

The numbers reported are all positive antigen tests done in Florida. It has nothing to do with driver's licenses or snowbirds or immigration status. It simply means someone had a nasal swab [usually] and it was positive. It does not count any person who had Covid symptoms and either tested negative or was not tested and died or was seen without testing being done despite the clinical situation fitting Covid. It will not include people who have antibody tests to show they are "immune" which the test may not really show.

The number is not meant to reflect active cases, it is the total that have occurred since the pandemic. The dashboard shows you how many are Floridians vs visitors and also you can dig down and look at ages and counties and localities. You can also see that about 700 children under 15 have tested positive. I am pretty sure they don't have licenses.

If you want to know "active" cases I'd suggest looking at the graphs showing new cases by date. Any case within the last 14 days would still be new enough that it would be considered potentially infectious. Look at the Florida DOH dashboard and select See State Report in the box Review case, monitoring and PUI information on the latest COVID-19 Report.

Go down a bit and you can see the 14 day report. It is showing about 700 new cases a day over the last 2 weeks, steadily, not going down and not because of increased testing.

Investment Painting Contractors 05-14-2020 11:30 AM

Recovery Rates

MAY 1st 34,728 cases. 1314 deaths
MAY 14 42,402.cases 1827 deaths Cumulative
Recovery Time 2 weeks for 75% of 34,728 = 26,046 recovered
Subtract recovered from May 1st and the current deaths of 1827
And subtract from 42,402 and the current cases are 14,529

Just my math. Maybe I'm wrong but the numbers add up. Len

Two Bills 05-14-2020 12:17 PM

For my money, blueash is the only Covid-19 advice and comment worth listening too.
Straight answers, no BS.
Plenty of other 'knowledgable' posters, but most seem to have an agenda to suit ther own theories.

DDVeteran 05-14-2020 12:24 PM

Coronavirus Update (Live): 4,488,185 Cases and 300,776 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer

Investment Painting Contractors 05-14-2020 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1764995)
For my money, blueash is the only Covid-19 advice and comment worth listening too.
Straight answers, no BS.
Plenty of other 'knowledgable' posters, but most seem to have an agenda to suit ther own theories.

No Agenda just curiosity. No body can answer my question. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. Len

Two Bills 05-14-2020 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors (Post 1765002)
No Agenda just curiosity. No body can answer my question. Sorry if you took it the wrong way. Len

Sorry, was just passing on MHO about blueash.

Cant help with your question, except to say it is a rolling total, and if you take off the dead, and cases over 14 days old, you would not be far off the total of active cases.
But I don't follow the scores!!

greenrzilla 05-15-2020 04:58 AM

That is the total number from the beginning. The rate of those who have gotten better is running 2 to 1 to the death numbers. here are the totals from the eek following the opening, they are going down From April 25, to May 3, nine days before Florida opened there were 5,798 newly diagnosed Corona Virus cases.

From May 4, the day Florida opened to May 12, also nine days later, there were 5,468 cases diagnosed. That is a decrease of 330 new cases. That shows the curve is still going down.

Deaths In Florida from CV-19;
April 26 to May 3 there were 341 deaths in the eight days prior to opening

May 4 to May 11 there were 194 deaths in the 8 days after Florida opened. A decrease of 146 deaths due to CV-19.
Now you know the rest of the story, and the truth.

crash 05-15-2020 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Investment Painting Contractors (Post 1764772)

Really impossible to tell a very small number have been tested and the people tested are first responders and people showing symptoms.

You would need to look at the number tested versus the number tested possitive to get a rate. The kicker is you can have it without bad symptoms and not be tested.

The antibody test gives you an idea on how many people have had it without getting tested. Some areas that number was as high as 25%.

jlo2012 05-15-2020 05:22 AM

There is nowhere to get tested post-covid. They are only testing symptomatic patients. My doctors office (Colony) said they are not doing testing at all. They even cancelled my regular well visit appointment. If you want to be tested, you have to get an appointment at the public health departments in Bushnell. It’s crazy.