Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Dr. Birx doesn’t trust CDC numbers, thinks numbers are inflated by 25% (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/dr-birx-doesnt-trust-cdc-numbers-thinks-numbers-inflated-25-306496/)

GoodLife 05-15-2020 07:42 AM

Dr. Birx doesn’t trust CDC numbers, thinks numbers are inflated by 25%

“There is nothing from the CDC that I can trust,” Birx reportedly said, according to a report in the Washington Post.

Dr Birx already publicly admitted last month that CDC is telling states to code any death of an individual who tests positive for COVID-19 as a coronavirus death, even if it is not proven that the death was caused by COVID-19

Here's an example:

Colorado man dies from an astounding 0.55% blood alcohol level, State lists him as covid 19 death.

CO man dies from astounding 0.55 blood alcohol level, coronavirus listed as cause of death | Disrn

TSO/ISPF 05-15-2020 08:08 AM

CDC is obviously broken, as are many federal agencies. I wonder what has happened or is it government as usual. FUBAR.

billethkid 05-15-2020 09:14 AM

I personally would like to know more about the financial "benefits" that come with a death being declared virus caused.

Bogie Shooter 05-15-2020 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heims01 (Post 1765401)
CDC is obviously broken, as are many federal agencies. I wonder what has happened or is it government as usual. FUBAR.

Somebody other than the scientist are running the agency...……...

GoodLife 05-15-2020 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1765496)
Somebody other than the scientist are running the agency...……...

Better tell Dr Birx that, since she was arguing with Dr Redfield, the guy that runs CDC, about the inflated numbers. CDC instructed Doctors to code anyone with a positive covid 19 test as death from the virus (just like the .55 alcohol death in OP), and if they suspected covid 19 without a positive test, code it covid 19.

Velvet 05-15-2020 10:39 AM

The numbers would have to have been inflated by 70% or so to keep the US from being the highest death cases in the world. Why stop at only 25%?
(The guy drinking might have been drinking due to anxiety over Covid, which would make it a Covid related death, in my opinion.)

GoodLife 05-15-2020 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velvet (Post 1765518)
The numbers would have to have been inflated by 70% or so to keep the US from being the highest death cases in the world. Why stop at only 25%?
(The guy drinking might have been drinking due to anxiety over Covid, which would make it a Covid related death, in my opinion.)

So if I die from reading loony covid posts that would count too?

Velvet 05-15-2020 11:40 AM

Yep, and the guy shot for leaving his house without a mask too should be counted as Covid related. Otherwise, he’d still be alive. ;)

And remember what we thought when China “changed their method” of counting deaths (because they were too high)?

mamamia54 05-15-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1765466)
I personally would like to know more about the financial "benefits" that come with a death being declared virus caused.

I was told hospitals that list covid as cause of death receive $13,000 from Medicare for each death. Good reason to just say covid for everyone even if they had a heart attack. The only exception to the rule is nursing homes who will say everything else but covid. Afraid we will know how many are really dying in them. So when they die of covid the death certificate attributes it to a heart attack. This is the case with my friends mom.

Velvet 05-15-2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamamia54 (Post 1765607)
I was told hospitals that list covid as cause of death receive $13,000 from Medicare for each death. Good reason to just say covid for everyone even if they had a heart attack. The only exception to the rule is nursing homes who will say everything else but covid. Afraid we will know how many are really dying in them. So when they die of covid the death certificate attributes it to a heart attack. This is the case with my friends mom.

That sounds like the hospitals are rewarded for each Covid patient who dies, and not for the ones they save? That’s a strange way to fund hospitals. Where do they do that?

billethkid 05-15-2020 05:43 PM

Just google it....there are many accounts like this one

Fact check: Medicare pays hospitals more money for COVID-19 patients

Lindsyburnsy 05-16-2020 08:27 AM

A Fox News Conspiracy—Are Coronavirus Death Numbers Inflated?—Attacked By Fauci, Birx

argos5usa 05-16-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodLife (Post 1765529)
So if I die from reading loony covid posts that would count too?

Best line of the day...Thank you.:bigbow:

DecaturFargo 05-16-2020 08:50 AM

Unfortunately, she has become a "yes" person. Not much respect for her.

youngerday 05-16-2020 09:07 AM

Yep. they make money from the government when they say Covid