Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Villages GYMS (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-gyms-306594/)

Heartnsoul 05-18-2020 08:46 AM

Villages GYMS

TRIED to go to gym this morning. not open yet. I need my gym. Questions I keep pondering are
How can they open safely as they are small gyms
Will they hire people to sanitize often?
Will it be every other treadmill?
We should have membership extended due to time lost as we Pay for gym ahead of time

This is my only way of staying in shape so REALLY need gym. Too hot to walk outside and need machines for bone health

Anyone else anxiously awaiting??

charlieo1126@gmail.com 05-18-2020 09:23 AM

June 1MVP ,poor baby I hope your joking , To hot this is Florida , plenty of exercise programs you can do at home , love the gym but kept as fit with some small weights in the house and exercise machines at park , and FYI still walking 5 miles in middle of afternoon at 81 years old

Heartnsoul 05-18-2020 09:32 AM

I'm glad for u charlie but of course I'm not kidding. I NEED the gym desperately. way too HUMID to walk outside. Dont have a gym in my home. Need certain machines for bone health like hubby needs machines for knee surgery recovery. cant do at home. Outside too hot and humid and rainy weather coming. I'm glad u can do but to exercise, we need AC. where are all my gym rats??

Heartnsoul 05-18-2020 09:33 AM

Also I know MVP probably open but we already joined the villages gym for a Year prior to this

cookies 05-18-2020 12:54 PM

The outdoor fitness equipment @ Lake Miona Has been good for me.

coffeebean 05-18-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookies (Post 1767309)
The outdoor fitness equipment @ Lake Miona Has been good for me.

What equipment is that?

fdpaq0580 05-18-2020 03:32 PM

Great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 1767121)
June 1MVP ,poor baby I hope your joking , To hot this is Florida , plenty of exercise programs you can do at home , love the gym but kept as fit with some small weights in the house and exercise machines at park , and FYI still walking 5 miles in middle of afternoon at 81 years old

Don't forget your water when you go for that walk.

cookies 05-18-2020 06:51 PM

Leg & chest press, lay pull, triceps, stair stepper & eliptical located next to the picnic pavilion.

Heartnsoul 05-18-2020 07:01 PM

Wont be doing that in the heat plus outdoors u better your own bag of wipes and garbage bag for using prior to using every piece

coffeebean 05-18-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cookies (Post 1767498)
Leg & chest press, lay pull, triceps, stair stepper & eliptical located next to the picnic pavilion.

Thank you for answering.

Shbullet 05-18-2020 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1767530)
Thank you for answering.

and if you go to the other side of the pavilion you will find pullup bars, pushup bars and plenty, plenty more.... You can get a good workout if you push yourself to your own comfort level...just go early due to the heat.

Heartnsoul 05-20-2020 07:56 AM

My topic was the villages gyms. Who else is missing? Outdoor equipment I'm not interested in living in a hot and humid state. Where are my gym rats? How can we get them open again safely?

Blackie 05-20-2020 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartnsoul (Post 1768233)
My topic was the villages gyms. Who else is missing? Outdoor equipment I'm not interested in living in a hot and humid state. Where are my gym rats? How can we get them open again safely?

MVP at Spanish Springs and Brownwood will open back up on June 1.

Linked below are the procedures they are implementing for the (Phase 1) opening.

MVP Safe - MVP Sports

John_W 05-20-2020 09:21 AM

I got the email yesterday that MVP sent out;

MVP Safe - MVP Sports

The classes will be limited to 50% capacity and markers will be placed on the floor six feet apart.

The Brownwood gym will reopen Monday June 1st Hours listed below

Monday thru Friday will open at 6am close from 10 - 11am to clean the equipment. Then open again from 11am to 3pm and then close to clean the equipment, and then reopen from 4pm to 7pm.

Weekend hours will be shorter

Saturday open 8am to noon then close noon to 1pm and then reopen 1pm to 5pm.

Sunday will open 10am to 1pm and then close, and reopen 2pm to 5pm.

You can check in via your mobile app.

In the locker room only 50% of the lockers will be available.

There will be limited use of fitness machines and mats.

graciegirl 05-20-2020 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heartnsoul (Post 1767080)
TRIED to go to gym this morning. not open yet. I need my gym. Questions I keep pondering are
How can they open safely as they are small gyms
Will they hire people to sanitize often?
Will it be every other treadmill?
We should have membership extended due to time lost as we Pay for gym ahead of time

This is my only way of staying in shape so REALLY need gym. Too hot to walk outside and need machines for bone health

Anyone else anxiously awaiting??

My husband trims all the trees and bushes around our home and puts the branches in those big paper bags they sell for that purpose. I scrub the tile with a sponge mop and soapy water and then rinse it with clear and dry it by "walking" around on old towels. Surprising how much exercise that is for eighty year olds.