Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Sex offenders in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/sex-offenders-villages-306618/)

LI SNOWBIRD 05-18-2020 02:12 PM

Sex offenders in The Villages

I checked and there are 7 near me,
Kinda scary

check out this website FDLE - Sexual Offender and Predator System

Stu from NYC 05-18-2020 02:28 PM

We have four, who would have thought

DDVeteran 05-18-2020 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI SNOWBIRD (Post 1767343)
Kinda scary

Would only trouble me if a potential buyer of my home checks. Fact is you might have a felon living next to you and in back of you who aren't sex predators, how would you know? Unless of course you read the "other" online news source.

600th Photo Sq 05-18-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stuart Zaikov (Post 1767353)
We have four, who would have thought

Not only the Sex Offenders here but a number of undesirables live here as well.

Individuals who come across as honest, friendly, etc. But are the complete total opposite.

Plenty of sites to look up individuals, best advice do your homework. :)

mulligan 05-19-2020 07:34 AM

Even worse than that is living near a yankees fan.

Stu from NYC 05-19-2020 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mulligan (Post 1767699)
Even worse than that is living near a yankees fan.

Hmm sounds like you are a Red Sox fan:icon_wink:

lorilorilori 05-20-2020 04:53 AM

?? so ?? an adult community !!

and how many Drug Dealers ? Felons ? Prostitutes ? Drunks ?

Quote:

Kinda scary

alfredpopcorn@gmail.com 05-20-2020 05:05 AM

Funny stuff - going from predators to complaining about yankee fans - everyone check to see if you’ve taken the red pill or blue pill . Lol

rjsantos592 05-20-2020 05:06 AM

Live and let live. OR MOVE

maryl 05-20-2020 05:20 AM

Villages is changing it has gotten to big

jimbo2012 05-20-2020 05:28 AM

And felons

dewilson58 05-20-2020 05:31 AM

and bears, oh my.

:ohdear:

Skunky1 05-20-2020 05:31 AM

OR MOVE, That is very disturbing. Stand your ground! Nobody’s going to chase me out if they can’t abide by the rules.

MandoMan 05-20-2020 05:36 AM

Quote:

Kinda scary

It’s worthwhile clicking on the little houses and learning more about the people before getting worked up. In a one mile circle surrounding my house, only one person is shown, at the far edge of that area. He’s almost 85, only five feet tall, and was found guilty of possessing a photo of a child in a sexual position. Somehow he doesn’t seem like someone you should worry about very much. Many of the offenders shown were not convicted because of physical crimes against others, but of possessing something illegal. The vast majority shown in the area of The Villages seem not be listed as predators, but as men who have offended at some time, often just once. Many offenders at this level have been scared straight and are not people to worry about. If their interest was or is in children, then a city with virtually no children, mostly older people, with lots of healthy activities to occupy the mind and body, seems like the healthiest place for them to be. Remember that people on this database are primarily there so we can know who and where they are and be cautious, not so that we can destroy their lives all over again. In most cases, these people have paid their debt to society. Also, a man convicted of something at age 50 may have lost most of his interest in it by the time he is 70, due to decreasing testosterone or increasing love of golf or pickle ball. (Joking) thus, not much of a threat.

That said, it’s true that a lot of the non-sexual crime stemming from The Villages (and there is very little of it) seems to come from grown children of villagers who for some reason are living with them and often being mean to them, or going to some bar to pick up a new friend and getting into trouble. Should we do something about them?

What if there were a database of people who have been arrested for non-sexual violence, such as spouse abuse or fights or resisting arrest after an arrest for shoplifting or driving under the influence? That would be interesting, and there might be more people on it, both men and women.

Drdoug49 05-20-2020 05:44 AM

As TV grows, it’s just seems more under desirables will join us, simple math