Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Some Bright Notes While We Disagree (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/some-bright-notes-while-we-disagree-306649/)

Aloha1 05-19-2020 01:02 PM

Some Bright Notes While We Disagree

- A joint MIT and Harvard study has determined that the Wuhan Virus has difficulty transmitting in temperatures over 77 degrees. They have determined that the rate of transmission drops an average of 1.7% for each degree at 77 or above. Adding in humidity and wind enhances the decrease. Today will be around 90 and humid. You have a 22% to 25% LESS chance of getting infected.

- Yesterday, Moderna, a pharmaceutical development company, announced positive results in it's first trial of a revolutionary new way to design a vaccine based on genetic research. Using genetic mRNA ( ribonucleic acid) from the SARS-CoV-2 virus ( Wuhan Virus). the mRNA tell the body to begin producing antibodies to the virus which block the virus from entering the cells. No actual virus is used or injected, just this "messenger" RNA. After two doses over 43 days, test subjects had similar or far greater antibodies than those found in the blood serum of recovered cases. No adverse side effects were found. Phase 2 is under way with an increased number of test subjects and Moderna expects to have millions of doses ready later this year.

- Finally, Sorrento Theraputics, another developer, announced last Friday that they had isolated an antibody, STI-1499, that they claim can provide "100% inhibition of the Wuhan Virus. Injecting the antibody eliminates the need for a vaccine to do the work. More testing needs to be done but it is promising.

Bottom line, American genius and American business are running at top speed to eliminate the threat. Things are looking up!

billethkid 05-19-2020 01:09 PM

Yes indeed.
:clap2:

Aces4 05-19-2020 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aloha1 (Post 1767936)
- A joint MIT and Harvard study has determined that the Wuhan Virus has difficulty transmitting in temperatures over 77 degrees. They have determined that the rate of transmission drops an average of 1.7% for each degree at 77 or above. Adding in humidity and wind enhances the decrease. Today will be around 90 and humid. You have a 22% to 25% LESS chance of getting infected.

- Yesterday, Moderna, a pharmaceutical development company, announced positive results in it's first trial of a revolutionary new way to design a vaccine based on genetic research. Using genetic mRNA ( ribonucleic acid) from the SARS-CoV-2 virus ( Wuhan Virus). the mRNA tell the body to begin producing antibodies to the virus which block the virus from entering the cells. No actual virus is used or injected, just this "messenger" RNA. After two doses over 43 days, test subjects had similar or far greater antibodies than those found in the blood serum of recovered cases. No adverse side effects were found. Phase 2 is under way with an increased number of test subjects and Moderna expects to have millions of doses ready later this year.

- Finally, Sorrento Theraputics, another developer, announced last Friday that they had isolated an antibody, STI-1499, that they claim can provide "100% inhibition of the Wuhan Virus. Injecting the antibody eliminates the need for a vaccine to do the work. More testing needs to be done but it is promising.

Bottom line, American genius and American business are running at top speed to eliminate the threat. Things are looking up!

Sorrento is hooked to China. I’m not interested, myself. Working in America and using our ingenuity or totally brilliant on their own? I’d rather have the vaccine if that would be the case.

graciegirl 05-19-2020 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aces4 (Post 1767950)
Sorrento is hooked to China. I’m not interested, myself. Working in America and using our ingenuity or totally brilliant on their own? I’d rather have the vaccine f that would be the case.

I really do not see a reason for this anti-Chinese sentiment. I am glad that the trade agreement is in place, but I do not believe that the virus is a weapon from Wuhan.

Not using a tool to save lives is shooting ourselves in the heart.

Aces4 05-19-2020 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1767953)
I really do not see a reason for this anti-Chinese sentiment. I am glad that the trade agreement is in place, but I do not believe that the virus is a weapon from Wuhan.

And that is why we are not independent of China since they now produce a great amount of our pharmaceutical rx’s along with other important products. Many of us were raised not to put our health and safety in the hands of a hostile, foreign government. Perhaps you’ve heard about them attempting to hack American scientists computers to gain the inroad on this virus. Also, research performed in labs in America has been stolen and then patented by China.

BTW, this isn’t about the Chinese people, it is about the regime running their country.

manaboutown 05-19-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aces4 (Post 1767956)
And that is why we are not independent of China since they now produce a great amount of our pharmaceutical rx’s along with other important products. Many of us were raised not to put our health and safety in the hands of a hostile, foreign government. Perhaps you’ve heard about them attempting to hack American scientists computers to gain the inroad on this virus. Also, research performed in labs in America has been stolen and then patented by China.

The Chinese have been ripping off our intellectual property all my adult life. When I started as a Patent Examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office in 1966 the more experienced Examiners were referring to knock-offs as "Chinese copies", a term I had not heard before.

As IT and the internet developed they started to spy on us with what they sold to us. Much of what they build and sell is suspect, their phones, drones, vehicular hardware and software and much more.

JimJohnson 05-19-2020 04:58 PM

I trust the WHO and they are not blaming the Chinese. Monitor, please stop deleting my opinions.

JimJohnson 05-19-2020 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1767953)

I have tried to agree with you on this twice. I believe the World Health Organization when they say China has been transparent on this issue.:boom:

Aces4 05-19-2020 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimJohnson (Post 1768033)
I trust the WHO and they are not blaming the Chinese. Monitor, please stop deleting my opinions.

If it helps, I mentally deleted your statement as soon as I read it.

Kenswing 05-19-2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aces4 (Post 1768057)
If it helps, I mentally deleted your statement as soon as I read it.

Best post of the day.. :1rotfl:

Aloha1 05-19-2020 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aces4 (Post 1767950)
Sorrento is hooked to China. I’m not interested, myself. Working in America and using our ingenuity or totally brilliant on their own? I’d rather have the vaccine if that would be the case.

Please elaborate with some backup to your claim. I cannot find anything other than the founder is of Chinese descent.

I also listed THREE examples of progress. You want to disregard them all?? Well, I at least tried to bring some science into the disagreements rampant here lately.

Aloha1 05-19-2020 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimJohnson (Post 1768033)

I must respectfully disagree with you. There is ample evidence that the Chinese Communist Party deliberately withheld information on this virus and that WHO accepted it hook, line, and sinker. We also have video of the #3 person at WHO refusing to acknowledge the name of the country of Taiwan in regards to their volunteering information about the outbreak in January. Much kowtowing to the CCP by WHO. Please do some research.

Aces4 05-19-2020 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aloha1 (Post 1768072)
Please elaborate with some backup to your claim. I cannot find anything other than the founder is of Chinese descent.

I also listed THREE examples of progress. You want to disregard them all?? Well, I at least tried to bring some science into the disagreements rampant here lately.

I can’t link urls. Therefore, I suggest you do online research for San Diego, June 4, 2019 Sorrento Therapeutics forms joint Chinese venture. Dig around awhile and it appears that Sorrento owns 40%, Life Tech (Chinese) owns 60% since this venture. I heard earlier in a news report that the company with this possible treatment is Chinese.

I do appreciate your other good news.

Slapnut 05-20-2020 04:46 AM

Be very careful of who you trust these days. Remember when we used to trust the news?

Slapnut 05-20-2020 04:51 AM

Be very careful of who you trust these days. Remember when we used to trust the news? There is so much corruption and it's usually about power or money. When we start believing something or someone without first doing our homework and researching whatever or whoever it is, then we become sheep and just follow the rest. Be aware