Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Television (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/)
-   -   Lack of movies on premium channels (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-television-338/lack-movies-premium-channels-306690/)

Chatbrat 05-21-2020 05:53 AM

Lack of movies on premium channels

Has anyone else noticed, they are very few newer movies on HBO,Showtime, & Cinemax since Covid ?

retiredguy123 05-21-2020 06:12 AM

I had those channels for awhile, but cancelled them because I almost never watched them. Almost all the movies are available on another streaming channel. If there is a favorite show or series on a premium channel, I just buy the DVD.

davem4616 05-21-2020 06:36 AM

we only have access to Amazon Prime for movies.....there are a lot of 'new release' movies....but 99.9% of the new releases we'd never be interested in watching

retiredguy123 05-21-2020 06:41 AM

I watch more movies on Netflix than any other streaming service. They also have a lot of Netflix original movies.

Chi-Town 05-21-2020 07:46 AM

Movies already made are being held for release by the major studios. After the theater run they end up on demand and then the premium cable channels. Netflix and Amazon Prime provide their own movies. Some are good, some are OK, and some are clunkers.

timinthevillages 05-21-2020 07:54 AM

HBO cinemax showtime are old school. Netflix Amazon and hulu are much better.
Ok this might hurt but if your still paying for an AOL email address you might also consider moving to a free service.

Klatu 05-21-2020 08:00 AM

I am something of movie junkie. Netflix, Amazon and Hulu does the trick. Netflix has some good stuff (that is, I like it) and a lot of junk but it is not expensive. Amazon Prime Movies comes with my Amazon Prime account and has tons of movies for free and almost anything you want for a modest rental fee. Hulu is more expensive than Netflix but provides live tv, movies from TCM and other sources, cable network shows (Oxygen if you want lots of murder docs, SyFy, etc). Oh, and Amazon has portals to other premium streaming services (we temporarily are subscribing to Starz until my wife finishes Outlander series). I have never looked back after I cut the cord and use Roku for my access to streaming (oh, and Roku is now offering movies....not too bad either).

Jima64 05-21-2020 09:20 AM

movies

we use amazon prime and Disney plus which includes Hulu and espn3. satisfied so far with all.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 05-21-2020 09:23 AM

Acorn lots of British and European mysteries

ckbenjamin 05-22-2020 04:57 AM

Entertainment industry is shut down. No filming or releases. Our son, a film editor with Warner Bros, is working from home but they don't have anything to do. He said they're telling him July before they get back to their offices.

bowlingal 05-22-2020 05:23 AM

Go to the library...free movies. Why pay for something when you can get it for free? It is in your taxes so you might as well enjoy the service offered

John_W 05-22-2020 07:54 AM

I've had Directv since 2008 and 2 months ago I dropped HBO, Cinemax, Starz, Showtime, TMC, basically I downgraded from the Premier package and saved about $75 but added Epix for $5.99. You get 3 HD movie channels. Some of these I've seen before, but in the past month or so I've seen more good movies than in a year with those other channels, here's some;

True Grit (Coen Bros verson)
A Simple Flavor (Anna Kendrick & Blake Lively)
A Quiet Place (John Krazinski & Emily Blunt)
Up in the Air (Kendrick & Clooney)
Rocketman (biopic)
Mission Impossible Fallout (Tom Cruise)

Too many to list, here's more;

Full List of Movies On Epix | Reelgood

aallbrand 05-22-2020 08:22 AM

Its not the virus . Every summer all channels have less on including premium movie channels.

aallbrand 05-22-2020 08:23 AM

Netflix gets old after a while also

aallbrand 05-22-2020 08:30 AM

Television has become nothing but over priced garbage but its necessary garbage. All the companies are pain in the ass and charge to much money. As a consumer all you can do is get the best garbage for the least amount of money for as long as you can. I use Sky Sat 20 and have been very happy. Call Marc at 352 775 1152 . Tell him Harry the pilot refered you