Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   When to sell (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/when-sell-306746/)

lieq 05-22-2020 09:33 AM

When to sell

We have been in the Villages in the same home (snow birds) for 14 years. It's now time to sell. Wondering if we should come down now or wait till fall? It's a two BR Court Yard walking distance to LSL. Are homes selling near Zillow estimate? Better to list with Villages or Realtor? Thanks for input!

Stu from NYC 05-22-2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lieq (Post 1769197)
We have been in the Villages in the same home (snow birds) for 14 years. It's now time to sell. Wondering if we should come down now or wait till fall? It's a two BR Court Yard walking distance to LSL. Are homes selling near Zillow estimate? Better to list with Villages or Realtor? Thanks for input!

If possible think I would wait till the virus is done and the economy is doing better.

Village or Realtor would depend upon the agent you deal with

charlieo1126@gmail.com 05-22-2020 09:45 AM

I’ll be in market late summer for 2 bedroom near lake Sumter

GoodLife 05-22-2020 10:14 AM

Quote:

I seem to remember reading on realtor Lyle Gant's website that the biggest month for sales was June. I can't find his website which used to have lots of data, maybe he has retired? Anyway, not sure that will be the case this year with a pandemic going on.

retiredguy123 05-22-2020 10:23 AM

I don't see any reason to wait. The sooner you list it, the sooner it will sell.

billethkid 05-22-2020 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1769228)
I don't see any reason to wait. The sooner you list it, the sooner it will sell.

The sooner you list the sooner you will sell.
The same people who wanted to move to TV before the virus are still the same after the virus.
Open houses and more showings will start the next couple of weeks.

Most real estate companies or developers would love to have as their regular business what TV sells during this "slow" period.......

The biggest challenge will be the number of folks that will not fly due to the virus.
Aside from that the buyers are and will be coming.

LiverpoolWalrus 05-22-2020 10:41 AM

Check this out:
Why Median Home Prices Are Soaring Amid an Economic Crisis - Barron's

Craig Vernon 05-22-2020 12:12 PM

In my humble opinion.

Quote:

List whenever you like if priced correctly it will sell. Prices have dipped slightly over the last few months. TV v Realtor. I have noticed that the TV sales are listed at around 200$ per sq ft which is above private listings by realtors based upon watching the market daily. I personally believe TV reps may list higher to make the new construction look like a better value for those who are not aware of the bonds etc. Just my opinion. Good Luck to you in your decision.

Jayhawk 05-22-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodLife (Post 1769223)
I seem to remember reading on realtor Lyle Gant's website that the biggest month for sales was June. I can't find his website which used to have lots of data, maybe he has retired? Anyway, not sure that will be the case this year with a pandemic going on.

Search Engine is your friend:

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...ight=Lyle+Gant

thelegges 05-22-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Vernon (Post 1769289)
List whenever you like if priced correctly it will sell. Prices have dipped slightly over the last few months. TV v Realtor. I have noticed that the TV sales are listed at around 200$ per sq ft which is above private listings by realtors based upon watching the market daily. I personally believe TV reps may list higher to make the new construction look like a better value for those who are not aware of the bonds etc. Just my opinion. Good Luck to you in your decision.

Have been actively looking for last two months. Not one house Price has dipped. Some homes have multiple offers. Anyone who does their homework knows if they want to live in a new construction south, or buy preowned. If anyone is not aware of bonds, then maybe their children should help them make life changing decision

JimJohnson 05-22-2020 12:52 PM

List on Zillow for sale by owner. Save the 6% any realtor will pick your bank account for.

davem4616 05-22-2020 05:54 PM

staging is critical in a previously owned home

list with a broker that can do an online virtual tour...forget about the % rate...you want out

come down...get it staged and get it on the market

IMHO

CFrance 05-22-2020 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodLife (Post 1769223)

Lyle Gant has retired, unfortunately. He had good information.

Rwirish 05-23-2020 05:10 AM

2024 looking like a good year to sell.

MIskra 05-23-2020 05:44 AM

If you currently live there, you might be concerned about strangers coming into your home and touching things. Just saying.