Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   air conditioning in a golf cart too ??? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/air-conditioning-golf-cart-too-306855/)

stadry 05-25-2020 05:13 AM

air conditioning in a golf cart too ???
 
haven't read much - wondering if any have it,,, realize 1 should have fully encl cab rather than canvas,,, bride can't take cold & has trouble w/extreme heat,,, why in **** she wants to move to tv's beyond me but......................................you know the rest ! golf carts are cheaper than divorces
found this if it helps: Golf Cart Cabin Cooling Fan For 36 Volt or Gas Carts | eBay
thanks in adv

dewilson58 05-25-2020 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stadry (Post 1770602)
[


it's a fan.

Stu from NYC 05-25-2020 06:02 AM

Cant live with em cant live without em

John_W 05-25-2020 08:57 AM

I've been in a couple of carts that have those, it's only a glorified fan. A better fan is a 12" overhead fan that right above your head blowing down. The one in the dash you can hardly feel it.

https://golfcarttips.com/wp-content/...ured-Image.jpg

If you're truly wanting to be cooled, get an Atomic Electric Vehicle, it's air conditioned. They can be taken on the golf course, but you might wear out the doors. There is a dealer on Signature Drive behind Sparr on 44 across from Traverse Shopping Center.

https://atomiccoolkartz.com/uploads/...opy_1_orig.png

https://atomiccoolkartz.com/uploads/...er-14_orig.png

https://atomiccoolkartz.com/uploads/...3-n_1_orig.jpg

raynan 05-25-2020 10:19 AM

We've had the Breezeasy in our cart for 10 years and it's a lifesaver. vents can be pointed in any direction. We have it mounted below dash but some people install them under roof in rear.

Tennisbum 05-25-2020 01:19 PM

Trying to get my head around anybody who moves to mid-Florida and can't take the heat......

Stu from NYC 05-25-2020 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tennisbum (Post 1771103)
Trying to get my head around anybody who moves to mid-Florida and can't take the heat......

It was cooler before global warming?

sirknor 05-25-2020 03:44 PM

Its called a car. Heat and air.

Stu from NYC 05-25-2020 04:34 PM

Sounds like you should be snowbirds

stadry 05-26-2020 05:57 AM

thanks - knew i'd get a straight answer + anticipated a few self-appointed humorists & snarks would show up too,,, if it were up to me, we'd be snowbirds

Choro&Swing 05-26-2020 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stadry (Post 1770602)
haven't read much - wondering if any have it,,, realize 1 should have fully encl cab rather than canvas,,, bride can't take cold & has trouble w/extreme heat,,, why in **** she wants to move to tv's beyond me but......................................you know the rest ! golf carts are cheaper than divorces
found this if it helps: Golf Cart Cabin Cooling Fan For 36 Volt or Gas Carts | eBay
thanks in adv

Some people install the Curtis Air Conditioner. Works on Yamahas and other carts. The entire roof of your cart is replaced with an aluminum roof with a flat air-conditioner already in it. I’m not sure, but it might work even with just your rain flaps down. You might not need hard doors. The air-conditioner part is about two inches higher than the roof. I would certainly consider it. I wouldn’t use it while golfing, but I might on a half-hour trip to some store or restaurant. (As for those who say if you can’t take the heat, why did you come to Florida, I want to know if they have the AC on in their homes these days (grin).) I suspect that several cart dealers in the area could put one in for you.

Check them out on YouTube or see the Curtis web site below for more information.
First of its Kind Air Conditioner for the Yamaha Drive | Golf Course Trades Buying Guide for Superintendents

SnowflakeinDeLaVista 05-26-2020 06:18 AM

I used to have terrible problems with heat because our air conditioning in the house was set too cool. But a seasoned villager gave me a great tip and my problems in that department ended: In the warm months keep your air above 76, say 76-78, and run your ceiling fans in the house. It’s amazing how much it helps. My body apparently just doesn’t adjust very well. That overhead fan in the cart Shown in a previous post is incredible though. Also, wet A towel and put it in the cooler to help when it’s in the 90’s. Just pull the towel out and wrap around your neck, and when it warms up stick it back in the cooler for a little bit. And get that overhead fan. Btw we did get a cart with a sleekline cab. Love it to block rain and wind.

Bay Kid 05-26-2020 06:21 AM

Yamaha had an option of a hood in the front. You added ice and then a fan blew cool air. Simple.

DavidStockhausen 05-26-2020 06:21 AM

AC Golf Cart-Google Crown Carts
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stadry (Post 1770602)
haven't read much - wondering if any have it,,, realize 1 should have fully encl cab rather than canvas,,, bride can't take cold & has trouble w/extreme heat,,, why in **** she wants to move to tv's beyond me but......................................you know the rest ! golf carts are cheaper than divorces
found this if it helps: Golf Cart Cabin Cooling Fan For 36 Volt or Gas Carts | eBay
thanks in adv

Google Crown Carts

theruizs 05-26-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnowflakeinDeLaVista (Post 1771278)
I used to have terrible problems with heat because our air conditioning in the house was set too cool. But a seasoned villager gave me a great tip and my problems in that department ended: In the warm months keep your air above 76, say 76-78, and run your ceiling fans in the house. It’s amazing how much it helps. My body apparently just doesn’t adjust very well. That overhead fan in the cart Shown in a previous post is incredible though. Also, wet A towel and put it in the cooler to help when it’s in the 90’s. Just pull the towel out and wrap around your neck, and when it warms up stick it back in the cooler for a little bit. And get that overhead fan. Btw we did get a cart with a sleekline cab. Love it to block rain and wind.

Same for us. We have it at 77 in the house and it has really helped us acclimate to the year round warmer weather. Even now (9am) I am wearing a sweatshirt until it warms up a bit more in the house. Only problem we have is when our family and friends from up north come visit, we have to set it lower for them or they complain and then we are constantly cold in the house.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.32 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.