Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Houses of Worship in the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/)
-   -   Looking for good church (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/houses-worship-villages-75/looking-good-church-307059/)

sbaker5059 05-31-2020 08:58 AM

New to the Villages and looking for a Spirit Filled Church

We are new to The Villages and looking for a good spirit-filled church with great music and bible based preaching. If you have a recommendation, please let me know why you love your church! Thanks.

sbaker5059 05-31-2020 10:17 AM

Looking for good church

We are new to The Villages and looking for a good spirit-filled church with great music and bible based preaching. If you have a recommendation, please let me know why you love your church! Thanks. (Posted this in New Forum initially but thought it needed to be here instead).

ditka41 05-31-2020 12:38 PM

Much better than looking for a BAD church, although there may be some of those around too. Suggest visiting several area churches to find the one that suits you best. What's great for some people are not so for others. The Daily Sun provides a comprehensive listing of area churches to assist in your search. Good luck and welcome to The Villages.

JohnN 05-31-2020 02:50 PM

here's the church forum. good luck and welcome . When you find one you really enjoy, post it, please.

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...s-villages-75/

vison34 05-31-2020 04:39 PM

Welcome and come visit us.

You just described Live Oaks Community Church. Check us out on line and try us out. We do a Saturday evening service at our Oxford location behind Walmart on 466 and twice on Sundays. 8:30 and 10:15. We have a jumbotron screen so you can watch from your car or golf cart in our outdoor Grove, Or come inside and watch it there. We also have a Southern campus held at Grace Tabernacle Church on Warm Springs Blvd. on Saturday afternoon at 5:30. I hope that I can see you there for one of the services. Indoor services are equipped for social distancing and face masks are requested but not required.

wireguy 08-03-2020 07:10 AM

New Bethel Community Church
8780 Se 157th Place Summerfield Fl 34491
10 Am worship.
I love it here.

dewilson58 08-03-2020 07:55 AM

Bible based.....most are.

If you believe the Bible IS God's word and the only word, without a lot of human rules and modifications............that's different.

graciegirl 08-03-2020 08:00 AM

I bet you are gonna get votes for everyone's church. All Christian Churches are based on the Scriptures and filled with spirit. (Anyone can guess I am Catholic because if I call them Scriptures)

It is like asking people for their views on their favorite Village. It usually is their own and I know this; Churches and Villages differ by just how YOU look at them and how much YOU interact and whether or not you have a glass half full or empty personality.

Some people go to sit quietly and listen and others go to chat and hug afterwards. I think all churches have that.

Please pray for me whichever you choose and I will pray for you, when I go again. I am self quarantining.

St. Timothy's has two services every single morning. Usually people arrive and rarely interact with others except during the sign of peace. Then they leave and go about their daily business. It is a lovely place with nice folks at the front and in the pews.

And I have heard some lovely music at St. Timothy's . you tube music at St. Timothy's The Villages, florida - Bing video

davem4616 08-03-2020 08:16 AM

I sent you a private message

PennBF 08-03-2020 09:58 AM

Just a Thought

I prefer a small church where the Pastor is really dedicated to his belief and church and as we use to say in the old days "spreading the word". On the last Sunday of the District Conference in a particular religion they would read the "Appointments" which indicated which church a Minister would be assigned to. In some cases that is the first time you heard where you were moving to. Even as children's we would watch the politics play out by some to get the larger appointments, larger churches, bigger salaries. And some would just want to preach and asked for the church that was a challenge to keep alive. I always respected them for their dedication. When I see a minister in a small church working to maintain the church with suppers, various activities to raise funds for the church to survive I am in awe of their dedication. How do I know of this, because I was a child of one of the dedicated preachers. :ho:

sheilajiminmich@aol.com 08-10-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbaker5059 (Post 1774245)
We are new to The Villages and looking for a good spirit-filled church with great music and bible based preaching. If you have a recommendation, please let me know why you love your church! Thanks.

First Baptist Church of Lady Lake is amazing ! Pastor has been there many years, solid bible teaching, very caring congregation, so many positive I must say just go on Sunday morning and you will see for yourself. Located on 466 ! Check them out online !