Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Travel Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/travel-forum-119/)
-   -   Airport shuttle (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/travel-forum-119/airport-shuttle-307132/)

jere413 06-01-2020 08:57 PM

Airport shuttle

What experiences have you had with the airport shuttle? We've recently moved to TV, and I typically travel for business 40-45 weeks per year. We'd like to go from two vehicles to one, but that can only happen if I have a reliable alternative for getting to/from the airport.

FenneyGuy 06-02-2020 05:00 AM

Never had a problem.

dewilson58 06-02-2020 06:34 AM

Rent a car one-way. $75.

Kilmacowen 06-02-2020 07:29 AM

If you are referring to Workmans Trans, always a great experience. Sit back in comfort and enjoy the ride, no hassle. Very dependable and do not confuse them with other shuttle vans that have no association with TV. Even labeling themselves Villages.

davem4616 06-02-2020 08:12 AM

we've had great success using "Workman's"...we have them pick us up/drop us off at the house for another $5pp each way

we no longer drive to MCO to pick up visitors ...we just arrange for them to take the Workman shuttle...sometimes we'll pick them up at Brownwood, but most often we'll pay the extra for the taxi to take them directly to the house

We tried "Village Airport Van" once because they had a schedule that worked better for us....the driver was constantly turning his head to speak to the passenger in the right front seat....sure enough, he wasn't paying attention and had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the truck in front of us on at ramp minutes from the airport....however the car behind was unable to avoid hitting the back of the van. No one was hurt, but he couldn't drive the van by law once the van was in an accident....so we all had to wait for another van to be dispatched to take us to the airport... yup, one couple missed their flights (we didn't because my wife likes
to be there 3 hours in advance)

The drivers for Workman are always polite and professional

JP 06-02-2020 09:34 AM

Workmann always on time. Seats and ride are extremely uncomfortable though. Price is Ok but certainly not a deal.

polaris 06-02-2020 10:28 AM

I’ve used 3 shuttle services to/from MCO and The Villages and rented a car once.
I liked Workman better when it was the bigger bus; now it’s a bit cramped in the van. I believe that price is $35 from the general pickup area. Additional cost for a dropoff at your home.
Village Airport Van was pickup or dropoff from your home for $40. It was the only one running last month and I was grateful that it was. No incidents at all. The driver was professional and did not chat with me or the one other passenger during the ride.
Groome Transportation was great and only $20 (which they say is an introductory fee) and had pickup and drop off at my house.
Tips were extra on all of these.
We rented a car for an afternoon from Avis in Leesburg to drive to MCO. The cost was about $40.

vintageogauge 06-02-2020 10:39 AM

I think I would have moved nearer to an airport.

Nanny32162 06-02-2020 11:54 AM

We have used the shuttle for family members, it seems to work very well. We'll see what happens when a snowstorm hits. My husband and I use a car service, door to door, interesting conversation, very clean. What could be better. It's a few $ more than if we took the shuttle, with the shuttle we'd need transportation to the pick up location.

jaj523 06-02-2020 12:21 PM

Great service.

I use the service that you book through The Villages. It drops off and picks up at Lake Sumter Landing and Brownwood. An additional benefit is that the parking lot is huge, and I can leave my car there. Never had a problem. Price is $35 round trip.

Two Bills 06-02-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1775584)
Rent a car one-way. $75.

In The Villages?
Enterprise charged us $110 for one way.
Hertz were asking even more.

asianthree 06-02-2020 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaj523 (Post 1775963)
I use the service that you book through The Villages. It drops off and picks up at Lake Sumter Landing and Brownwood. An additional benefit is that the parking lot is huge, and I can leave my car there. Never had a problem. Price is $35 round trip.

$35 one way

nspo57@hotmail.com 08-22-2020 08:53 PM

Shuttle to MCO.

Is there any service from TV during the covid. Need one on Friday Aug 28.

tophcfa 08-22-2020 09:45 PM

Workman is great if there is only a single traveler. With 2 or more travelers it is as cheap or cheaper and way better to hire a private driver. There are several Villagers with minivans that run private airport to your door services. My wife and I had one really nice guy several years ago, who is now retired, that would roll out a red carpet for my wife when we arrived at our home.

N44125 08-23-2020 04:44 PM

Re Dave’s Airport Transportation....can you please give us an idea of the cost of your service? Is this a shared or private transport? Do you have a website? Thank you.