Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Executive Courses changes (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/executive-courses-changes-307220/)

mobruce 06-03-2020 12:27 PM

Executive Courses changes

Just received this message on the villages.net when looking at executive tee times.

Until further notice, No Guests are allowed on ANY Executive Courses

Jayhawk 06-03-2020 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobruce (Post 1776632)
Just received this message on the villages.net when looking at executive tee times.

Until further notice, No Guests are allowed on ANY Executive Courses

This has been effective for a while now since no-cash transactions became part of protocol.

Luvs21putt 06-05-2020 06:31 AM

Cash

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayhawk (Post 1776694)
This has been effective for a while now since no-cash transactions became part of protocol.

Not sure I understand the relationship between cash and guests. We all have credit cards.

asianthree 06-05-2020 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luvs21putt (Post 1777610)
Not sure I understand the relationship between cash and guests. We all have credit cards.

But execs don’t have capability for credit cards, except in the south.

photo1902 06-05-2020 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1777618)
But execs don’t have capability for credit cards, except in the south.

Bingo

jarodrig 06-05-2020 09:38 AM

(If) the golf administration would be willing , a guest fee could be pre-paid just as trail fees are pre-paid for non priority members or those that have not paid the yearly trail fee ahead of time and paid a la carte with cash.

But that is a BIG IF and probably not going to happen .

asianthree 06-05-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarodrig (Post 1777766)
(If) the golf administration would be willing , a guest fee could be pre-paid just as trail fees are pre-paid for non priority members or those that have not paid the yearly trail fee ahead of time and paid a la carte with cash.

But that is a BIG IF and probably not going to happen .

Execs tee time were at a premium during shut down, golf admin wanted to make sure residents, got to play without guests taking spots. That many are grateful. Guests could always play championship

Polar Bear 06-05-2020 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1778017)
Execs tee time were at a premium during shut down, golf admin wanted to make sure residents, got to play without guests taking spots. That many are grateful. Guests could always play championship

Pretty well sums it up. :)

jarodrig 06-05-2020 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1778017)

While I don’t disagree in principle, I don’t think that “guests” were a significant force in getting tee times ...

Now , snowbirds staying longer , championship courses closing 18 holes , pickleball being closed , softball closed , rec centers closed , town squares closed , pools closed , restaurants closed , etc ....(I’m sure I’ve missed a few)

Those were significant reasons why it became a little more difficult to obtain tee times .....

Polar Bear 06-05-2020 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarodrig (Post 1778026)
While I don’t disagree in principle, I don’t think that “guests” were a significant force in getting tee times ...

Now , snowbirds staying longer , championship courses closing 18 holes , pickleball being closed , softball closed , rec centers closed , town squares closed , pools closed , restaurants closed , etc ....(I’m sure I’ve missed a few)

Those were significant reasons why it became a little more difficult to obtain tee times .....

I think you missed the point of asianthree’s post a bit...

Guests weren’t the reason for the shortage of tee times. It was all the reasons you give in your post. Not allowing guests to play for a while just made more tee times available for residents.

anothersteve 06-05-2020 08:21 PM

I think part of not having guests was to try to curtail the"virus" that "might" be coming from out of towners

MSchad 06-05-2020 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1778067)
i think part of not having guest's was to try to curtail the"virus" that "might" be coming from out of towners

We have a bingo !!

jarodrig 06-06-2020 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1778054)
I think you missed the point of asianthree’s post a bit...

Guests weren’t the reason for the shortage of tee times. It was all the reasons you give in your post. Not allowing guests to play for a while just made more tee times available for residents.

I have no data to support this but it is my belief that the number of guests that play the executive courses is insignificant.

This next statement is fact : when a group (say , foursome) puts in a request with a guest , ALL of the resident’s requests are processed FIRST by the computer system. The groups with guests get processed LAST and in many cases , they <may> get bumped out due to the lack of availability.

So, having a guest in the mix actually helps the resident’s ability to get a tee time because of the prioritization described .

Here is another fact : many of the people that are having problems getting a tee time is because they are not flexible enough with their requests.

I have a group of 6~8 golfers who plays every Thursday. For the request, I will ask for a 10:56 preferred tee time. Earliest time @ 10:00 , latest time 12:00 and I select Time over course.

Then I will make my course selections based on which ones we would “prefer” to play ...... but , here is the key to getting something..... I will list 18 ~20 courses on my request !!!!! All of them 466 and south.

And so we have never (NOT ONCE) been denied a tee time . And that summarizes my longish post (sorry) . You wanna play , FLEXIBILITY is the key !

Polar Bear 06-06-2020 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarodrig (Post 1778205)
...And so we have never (NOT ONCE) been denied a tee time . And that summarizes my longish post (sorry) . You wanna play , FLEXIBILITY is the key !

Yeah. You’re preaching to the choir on that. I have never been denied a tee time either. :)

But one other fact remains. There is a fixed number of tee times. Elimination of guests means more tee times for residents, irrespective of how they are prioritized.

jarodrig 06-06-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1778246)

But one other fact remains. There is a fixed number of tee times. Elimination of guests means more tee times for residents, irrespective of how they are prioritized.

LOL !! Re-read my post . That is exactly what I said !!

That “other fact “ is a given ...... additionally, there are LESS tee times available during the busy season because of less daylight during those months .

It is BECAUSE of the prioritization system (not irrespective of) when it comes to guests that more tee times are available for residents......;)