Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Line Dance Question (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/line-dance-question-307559/)

Davonu 06-10-2020 09:41 AM

Line Dance Question

Let's say you want to learn 10 or so of the most frequently used line dances in The Villages, but you'd rather not go to classes. Two questions:

1) What are those line dances? Could somebody list some that are the most popular and frequently used?

2) Are there other ways to learn those dances rather than classes. I'd like to just watch videos or something like that at home.

Thanks for your help.

retiredguy123 06-10-2020 10:29 AM

Go to YouTube and search "line dance lessons". Lots of videos and lessons.

crash 06-10-2020 11:30 AM

YouTube is the way to go for videos. I did the Gentlemens R&D Steppers lining dancing for men with 2 left feet here is a list from that.

Dance Music
Cupid Shuffle Cupid Shuffle
Electric Slide Electric Slide or Mustang Sally
Blurred Lines Blurred Lines
Pimp Walk (Waterfall) Yeah (Usher)
Wobbel
Up Town Funk
Ms Jodies Thing
Booty Call
Know Trouble. Know Trouble (Jennifer Hudson)
Wifey
Easy Dance The Way You Make Me Feel (Michael Jackson)
Colorado Cha Cha
Stomp New Stomp
Hip Swinging Blues. Throw that Thang (Steve Perry)
Cha Cha Slide Cha Cha Slide (Mr C The Slide Man)

Velvet 06-10-2020 11:53 AM

I used YouTube on the iPad to learn the line dances before coming to TV. Then joined the people at the square line dancing and hubby videoed us. I was not too bad but could not get him to dance with us. He said he needed a few more drinks first.

karostay 06-10-2020 12:14 PM

What breath of Fresh Air a post about life and enjoyment..No ,who Killed who ,,no protest no virus ...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh feels good

CFrance 06-10-2020 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1781411)
What breath of Fresh Air a post about life and enjoyment..No ,who Killed who ,,no protest no virus ...AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh feels good

It's the way this forum used to be.

Two Bills 06-11-2020 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1781344)
Go to YouTube and search "line dance lessons". Lots of videos and lessons.

My wife has done 1 hour of line dancing with Youtube every day during lockdown.
I would have loved to join her, but I have to stand guard over our TR supply! :rolleyes:

dewilson58 06-11-2020 06:07 AM

Line Dancer Lives Matter.

Nell57 06-11-2020 06:44 AM

I also go to YouTube and seach Scooter the DJ in The Villages. Nothing like dancing with Scooter to lift your spirits. Even if you are in your family room in Ohio.

am.zinger@aol.com 06-11-2020 06:51 AM

Lots of videos on youtube. Some sites show many, many different dances by the same instructor.

Rich42 06-11-2020 06:57 AM

There is no such thing as "most popular". Like women's clothing styles, they change monthly.

MandoMan 06-11-2020 07:16 AM

#
Quote:

Originally Posted by crash (Post 1781388)
YouTube is the way to go for videos. I did the Gentlemens R&D Steppers lining dancing for men with 2 left feet here is a list from that.

Dance Music
Wobbel
Up Town Funk
Ms Jodies Thing
Booty Call
Wifey
Colorado Cha Cha
Stomp New Stomp

I’m so out of touch with reality. I thought line dancing was about country music and Western swing. I guess I’d better cross it off my list of things to try.

La lamy 06-11-2020 08:19 AM

Line dancing is such a great activity to get into! Works your brain, body, emotions. And once the squares are open again, you get to join other social circles. Good for you! It can get tricky, but I wish you well with Youtube lessons.

Curtisbwp 06-11-2020 09:11 AM

[QUOE=Davonu;1781306]Let's say you want to learn 10 or so of the most frequently used line dances in The Villages, but you'd rather not go to classes. Two questions:

1) What are those line dances? Could somebody list some that are the most popular and fre"quently used?

2) Are there other ways to learn those dances rather than classes. I'd like to just watch videos or something like that at home.
Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

No pain no gain. Where i come from, Boston, we had a thing called "youtube"

Scorpyo 06-11-2020 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash (Post 1781388)

Dance Music
Wobbel
Up Town Funk
Ms Jodies Thing
Booty Call
Wifey
Colorado Cha Cha
Stomp New Stomp

I looked it up in the dictionary, Booty Call is something other than a line dance. You go stud.:1rotfl: