Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Who is in charge? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/who-charge-307622/)

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-11-2020 06:28 PM

Who is in charge?

Who is in charge of the golf courses in The Villages?

I believe that the Executive courses and the Championship courses are under two different managers. Is that correct?

Does anyone know who they are and how to get in touch with them?

twoplanekid 06-11-2020 06:38 PM

This might help -> VCDD Golf

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 06-12-2020 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twoplanekid (Post 1782345)
This might help -> VCDD Golf

That has the name and contact information for the Director fo Golf Maintenance for the Executive courses.

I'm looking for the names and contact information of the people in charge of he entire golf operation for both executives and championships.

twoplanekid 06-12-2020 05:27 AM

For Executive Golf - Email Richard Baier as he is the head of all things of the District and is a good man who will direct you to the correct person and will follow through

VCDD Contact Us

For Championship Golf - start asking at one of the developer owned championship golf shops.

As far as I know, there is no one person in charge of both although the developer does own the Championship and has a lot of influence on everything in the Villages. Good luck trying to contact them.

rjn5656 06-12-2020 05:42 AM

ask your CDD supv.

Polar Bear 06-12-2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1782471)
...I'm looking for the names and contact information of the people in charge of he entire golf operation for both executives and championships.

Not sure there is a single person or group in charge of both.

Mortal1 09-17-2020 02:57 PM

The person in charge of both executive and championship hole courses is the manager for the championship courses. The executive courses have asst mgrs(one from open to about noon and the other for after that till dusk).

drcar 09-17-2020 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 1834424)
The person in charge of both executive and championship hole courses is the manager for the championship courses. The executive courses have asst mgrs(one from open to about noon and the other for after that till dusk).

Not really correct. The County Clubs staff the execs, and the Country clubs have assistant mangers and an manager that work during the day. Fenney is a little different because they do not have a Championship course.

drcar 09-17-2020 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr (Post 1782341)
Who is in charge of the golf courses in The Villages?

I believe that the Executive courses and the Championship courses are under two different managers. Is that correct?

Does anyone know who they are and how to get in touch with them?

Golf and Tennis administration oversees the Championship golf, they are located in Lake Sumter. The Execs are run by the districts. The staffing for the all the courses is run by Golf and Tennis administration.

mulligan 09-18-2020 06:05 AM

Quit confusing everybody with facts !!

Mortal1 09-22-2020 08:59 PM

Actually it is correct...

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcar (Post 1834431)
Not really correct. The County Clubs staff the execs, and the Country clubs have assistant mangers and an manager that work during the day. Fenney is a little different because they do not have a Championship course.

as I actually worked at Evans Prairie. In effect and reality both types of courses answer to the same manager.

SIRE1 09-22-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 1836946)
as I actually worked at Evans Prairie. In effect and reality both types of courses answer to the same manager.

So who is that person so that the poster can contact them????? I believe that is all he was asking for is a name.

waynet 09-23-2020 07:23 AM

Ricky Craig is in charge of champ courses