Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Tee time system mystery (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/tee-time-system-mystery-307689/)

alwann 06-13-2020 07:46 AM

Tee time system mystery

Perhaps this post should be on a forum for computer geniuses, but does anybody really understand the workings of the tee time booking system? The algorithm? Our group of 8 (all Priority members) keeps getting assigned the same courses at the same times week after week, regardless of the course preference ranking. It's almost as if the system is saying to itself, "I know these guys and think they really like Caroline, even though it's their last pick." :faint:

I love the convenience of the booking system, but am fascinated by it's logic -- or lack thereof.

bandsdavis 06-13-2020 08:04 AM

Hard to say, but if it was me, I would try leaving Caroline off for a week and see what happens.

bilcon 06-13-2020 08:28 AM

That's because no one likes Caroline, so it is always available. Ha!Ha!

dewilson58 06-13-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1783320)
Perhaps this post should be on a forum for computer geniuses, but does anybody really understand the workings of the tee time booking system? The algorithm? Our group of 8 (all Priority members) keeps getting assigned the same courses at the same times week after week, regardless of the course preference ranking. It's almost as if the system is saying to itself, "I know these guys and think they really like Caroline, even though it's their last pick." :faint:

I love the convenience of the booking system, but am fascinated by it's logic -- or lack thereof.

solution: don't include "the same courses" in your request.

Marathon Man 06-13-2020 08:50 AM

Sometimes you have to step away to see a solution. As others have said, leave Caroline off and add a couple more for good measure.

As far as why, if you are willing to play an unpopular course, you are going to. It's like Pelican on the exec side.

jjombrello 06-13-2020 11:15 AM

Are you leaving a large enough window for time of play? Are you requesting course over time? Leave Caroline out of the mix for awhile. There are plenty of other equally good courses available.

JoMar 06-13-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 1783406)
Sometimes you have to step away to see a solution. As others have said, leave Caroline off and add a couple more for good measure.

As far as why, if you are willing to play an unpopular course, you are going to. It's like Pelican on the exec side.

Hey...I like Pelican :)

Northwoods 06-13-2020 08:49 PM

Are you asking for a tee time based on time, or course? Put in your tee time range and select prioritize by course. That might help.
(And I agree... leave Caroline off the request. Everyone is right... no one wants to play Caroline).

Polar Bear 06-13-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northwoods (Post 1783775)
... no one wants to play Caroline).

Hmmm. Guess I’m the exception to the rule. :)

Rwirish 06-14-2020 05:03 AM

Don’t know but I enjoy playing Caroline!

jedalton 06-14-2020 05:34 AM

Caroline

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1783320)

I think that course is the hardest 9 in TV

juscause 06-14-2020 05:41 AM

I don't think there is even a close second.

Cheese 06-14-2020 05:49 AM

If you keep getting the same course, stop including it in your request.

sdeikenberry 06-14-2020 05:57 AM

I run a group and when I first started I called the tee time office and they explained a lot on how the system works. Things like including a guest, having a non-priority guy, high average points...all go to lowering your group in the pecking order. I also learned to use course over time, and pick a large window of time. Smaller groups get their chosen times better than large groups. My advice...call the tee time office and talk to them.

Sailohio 06-14-2020 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bandsdavis (Post 1783339)
Hard to say, but if it was me, I would try leaving Caroline off for a week and see what happens.

I agree.