Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Hold on to your Hats !!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/hold-your-hats-307693/)

TommyT 06-13-2020 09:15 AM

Hold on to your Hats !!!!

Here we go again......

Atlanta Police Department

Man killed in officer-involved shooting at Atlanta fast food restaurant

During the arrest, witnesses reported the man grabbed the officer's Taser. An officer then shot the suspect while struggling over the Taser.

FOX 5 Atlanta

Bay Kid 06-14-2020 08:06 AM

Then the dummies burned down the restaurant.

Stu from NYC 06-14-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bay Kid (Post 1783955)
Then the dummies burned down the restaurant.

Wonder how many job this stupidity caused?

karostay 06-14-2020 08:23 AM

Time to buy more guns and ammo..If you can even find them

billethkid 06-14-2020 08:40 AM

These flare ups continued will lead to defining where most Americans will go or not in the future.

Second point....before taking sides it would be good to hear the actual circumstance that resulted in a shooting. Until then it is nothing more than racial/political/emotional fuel!

anothersteve 06-14-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1783995)
These flare ups continued will lead to defining where most Americans will go or not in the future.

Second point....before taking sides it would be good to hear the actual circumstance that resulted in a shooting. Until then it is nothing more than racial/political/emotional fuel!

If people would just comply........................

What a jury would see

Body cam footage of Rayshard Brooks’ death shows calm, then chaos - YouTube

Steve

DeanFL 06-14-2020 08:54 AM

Death By Cop. Here we go yet again - and the Media chomping at the bit for the next one, and one after. Cell phones at the ready when a bad guy/cop encounter. MAKE A NAME FOR YOURSELF!!! Be a MARTYR!! Free burial and family compensation!

simply awful what our poor country has become due to all of this. All for a NOVEMBER 2020 outcome.

billethkid 06-14-2020 09:06 AM

I would think the cop who pulled the trigger will be subject to having to demonstrate the need to shoot, what appears to be, a fleeing suspect.....in the back?

Forget the colors involved. Determine right or wrong by whom.

GoodLife 06-14-2020 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1784014)
I would think the cop who pulled the trigger will be subject to having to demonstrate the need to shoot, what appears to be, a fleeing suspect.....in the back?

Forget the colors involved. Determine right or wrong by whom.

The suspect aimed and fired the taser at the cops at least once, don't know if that justifies shooting him or not.

manaboutown 06-14-2020 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoodLife (Post 1784026)
The suspect aimed and fired the taser at the cops at least once, don't know if that justifies shooting him or not.

That is my question. Was the shooting warranted? They could have let him run and corralled him in a chase. The guy was not armed with a gun shooting bullets or even a knife as far as I know.

Frankly, I think everyone and I mean everyone has been set on edge by the long pandemic lockdown. I feel a little crazy, not quite myself, and am missing normal human contact. The police all over the country have been under enormous stress. I really cannot imagine. Unfortunately they must make sometimes deadly decisions in the blink of an eye which end up causing tragic results, some of which are justified, others not.

billethkid 06-14-2020 09:30 AM

In this day and age and current climate...

...what does a black person (or anybody else for that matter) think when they choose to fight or resist and or run from the police????

...what does a LEO (any color) think when they draw and decide to shoot? Life threatening situation to use lethal force?

Bay Kid 06-15-2020 07:19 AM

Still protesting in Richmond VA. Everyday for weeks. This weekend protesters surrounded a police car, started to attack the officers and their car. The police tried to drive away w/protesters standing in front of them so the police were trapped. They finally drove thru the crowd to safety.
Now the protesters want the police arrested.

jarodrig 06-15-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karostay (Post 1783975)
Time to buy more guns and ammo..If you can even find them

You can find both , no problem.

GrabAGun Online site would be a good start .

talleyjm 06-15-2020 03:25 PM

Read suspect tried to grab officer’s gun first before getting ahold of the officer’s taser.

talleyjm 06-15-2020 03:27 PM

We moved from Richmond, Va to TV a year ago. Thank God, just in time. We have a house in Richmond to sell but neither of us want to put foot in Va ever again. Very Sad.