Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Notice to All Registered Users From Admin (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/notice-all-registered-users-admin-307861/)

TOTV Team 06-17-2020 03:42 PM

Notice to All Registered Users From Admin

Dear TOTV users,

Talk of The Villages was originally created as a forum for Villagers to come together easily, and discuss happenings across the town and beyond. However, in recent months, we have seen a surge of posts that violate our site guidelines, and have impacted the general mood across the forum.

Let us remind you that posting about politics is strictly forbidden. This includes the mention of political parties, political individuals, or any political topics. Even with warnings and reminders of this rule, users continue to post about politics. We will now begin giving out one week temporary bans to any user who violates this rule. If users continue to defy this rule, longer or even permanent bans will be given.

In addition, discussion on TOTV should remain kind and respectful. Negatively directed posts are not allowed. Negative posts directed at other users will be deleted, and any user who continues to disregard this rule will be subjected to a temporary ban.

We understand that during these tumultuous times, it is cathartic to come to the forum and discuss everything happening on the news and in our community. We encourage open discussion, and welcome everyone with different backgrounds and viewpoints. To reflect this, we have decided to create a new sub-forum dedicated solely to current events and news. On this side of the forum, users will be able to discuss everything happening in the world, and those who do not wish to participate, can easily ignore this sub-forum. This sub-forum will still adhere to site guidelines, and will be moderated according to these rules. This means there will still be no political discussion allowed. All we ask from our users is respect towards each other, regardless of differing opinions, and respect towards our site guidelines.

Lastly, please note that the General Discussions Forum is meant for topics related to The Villages, Florida. This includes topics related to buying in the area, and for things related to living in The Villages. The New Members Forum is meant for new members to the site who wish to introduce themselves to everyone on the forum. If you post a topic that does not fit these descriptions, your post will be moved to the correct forum.

If you wish to review our site guidelines, you can find them here: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...p?pageid=rules

nututv 06-17-2020 03:46 PM

Got it. Thank you.

dewilson58 06-17-2020 04:00 PM

Seems like new posters with old join dates are plentiful. Seems like a number of these posters are coming out swinging. Seems like these are the individuals cause issues......like a troll, but they are not trolls because we can not call them trolls.

:ho:

Bogie Shooter 06-17-2020 04:11 PM

:bigbow: Thanks for your efforts....

villagetinker 06-17-2020 05:54 PM

Welcome reminder, thank you.

red tail 06-17-2020 05:58 PM

Glad for the efforts....there are a lot of bullys on this site. Some have been here a very long time. Both women and men. Hope this ends that.

JohnN 06-17-2020 06:01 PM

I've been on this forum for quite a few years. It used to be better with the admins putting on rules to abide by. People seemed more respectful and kinder as a general rules. I'd same the same for our country which is quite sad, moreso for our kids and grandkids.
I think the anonymous nature of the internet feeds this, it's almost like road rage, where you say things that you wouldn't say to a person's face. Let's just play nice. All that said...

I agree with you, Admins.

Debfrommaine 06-17-2020 06:04 PM

Well said, Admin.

davem4616 06-17-2020 06:32 PM

thanks for making this known to all

kansasr 06-17-2020 06:42 PM

Thank you. Lately it's seemed like a wild west free for all around here and I was wondering if anyone was watching the store.

Aloha1 06-17-2020 07:50 PM

YES to this.

anothersteve 06-17-2020 07:55 PM

I just hope they stick by what they say and show no favoritism.
Steve

Velvet 06-17-2020 07:56 PM

Sounds fair to me. All the hard work is really appreciated.

Trynforpar 06-18-2020 04:43 AM

Block those who fail to follow rules. End of story.

Astron 06-18-2020 04:56 AM

Thank you! As a newcomer, I had begun to think the Talk was too troll infested to be usable.