Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   OmniTours (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/omnitours-466/)
-   -   Latest Photos Released of New Carnival Cruise Terminal at Port Canaveral (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/omnitours-466/latest-photos-released-new-carnival-cruise-terminal-port-canaveral-308082/)

OmniTours 06-22-2020 10:24 AM

Latest Photos Released of New Carnival Cruise Terminal at Port Canaveral

Take a first look at inside the new Carnival Cruise Line terminal 3 facility at Port Canaveral. The new photos were released by the popular port after Carnival representatives took a tour of the $163 million complex.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

Stu from NYC 06-22-2020 12:31 PM

Cant wait for the cruising industry to be up and running. Tired of having our cruises cancelled so our next book one is next Spring.

kathyspear 06-22-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1789588)
Cant wait for the cruising industry to be up and running. Tired of having our cruises cancelled so our next book one is next Spring.

I'm with you, Stu. If it wasn't for this %#^$ virus I would have just returned from Norway. I'd give anything to be lying on the deck of a cruise ship reading a book and looking out at the ocean right now!

kathy

davem4616 06-22-2020 06:34 PM

we sailed on on the big ships once....never again...if I want to be among 3-5K people, I'll go to Times Square on New Year's eve

since that initial cruise we've only sailed with Windstar....no more than 300 folks on board...or150 on their smaller ships

maybe a little more $$$...but you're not in port with 4 huge cruise ships....Windstar ships go into the smaller ports that the big ships can't get to ...and the service is over the top

capecoralbill 06-22-2020 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davem4616 (Post 1789765)
we sailed on on the big ships once....never again..... in port with 4 huge cruise ships

Those big cruise ships have ruined Key West.

LarryParnelli@gmail.com 06-23-2020 06:05 AM

Not Enough Parking

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniTours (Post 1789510)

Take a first look at inside the new Carnival Cruise Line terminal 3 facility at Port Canaveral. The new photos were released by the popular port after Carnival representatives took a tour of the $163 million complex.

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

I clicked on the the link to the pictures of the new Carnival Terminal, and got a laugh out of this, “ The parking lot is 692 square feet and can accommodate 1,800 vehicles.“ This must be a misprint, unless the cars are are hot wheels or tootsie toys.

rick2071 06-23-2020 06:38 AM

Cruise

Quote:

Originally Posted by davem4616 (Post 1789765)
we sailed on on the big ships once....never again...if I want to be among 3-5K people, I'll go to Times Square on New Year's eve

since that initial cruise we've only sailed with Windstar....no more than 300 folks on board...or150 on their smaller ships

maybe a little more $$$...but you're not in port with 4 huge cruise ships....Windstar ships go into the smaller ports that the big ships can't get to ...and the service is over the top

Building up my cruise dollars for a fantastic cruise after January.

Rosebud1949 06-23-2020 09:12 AM

Update... no Carnival Cruises until end of Sept...

waynehal55 06-23-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathyspear (Post 1789735)
I'm with you, Stu. If it wasn't for this %#^$ virus I would have just returned from Norway. I'd give anything to be lying on the deck of a cruise ship reading a book and looking out at the ocean right now!

kathy

We were in Norway last year on a Viking cruise.Great cruise line, Norway is a beautiful country.

Stu from NYC 06-23-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waynehal55 (Post 1790143)
We were in Norway last year on a Viking cruise.Great cruise line, Norway is a beautiful country.

Did Norway and Iceland last year on Princess. What gorgeous scenery.

Still looking for the ice in iceland though. We heard it was in Greenland so booked another one for August to go there. The virus had other ideas.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 06-23-2020 10:07 AM

Hmmmm

Over eating and drinking, access to more viruses then an infectious lab keeps, herded around towns and historical sites that are deteriorating due to larger and larger cruise ships that also are polluting the beautiful harbors that your so intent on seeing . I love to travel , 3 months in Thailand last year , but wouldn’t take a cruise if it was for free , if I want a quick vacation I would rather go to Club Med somewhere interesting

Stu from NYC 06-23-2020 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 1790188)
Over eating and drinking, access to more viruses then an infectious lab keeps, herded around towns and historical sites that are deteriorating due to larger and larger cruise ships that also are polluting the beautiful harbors that your so intent on seeing . I love to travel , 3 months in Thailand last year , but wouldn’t take a cruise if it was for free , if I want a quick vacation I would rather go to Club Med somewhere interesting

OK your choice so guess you will not be going on a cruise any time soon.

Dana1963 06-23-2020 10:35 AM

Advertisement

Is this a advertisement from OMNI We usually deal direct with Cruise Line than travel agent. BUT after the debacle of recent cruises not planing to travel on a “petri” dish over the next year don’t believe it will be safe for awhile.
Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniTours (Post 1789510)

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE

John41 06-23-2020 11:14 AM

loved cruising. have been on ten cruises mostly caribbean but also greece. prefer medium or large ships. usually great food and entertainment, excellent ice skating show on oasis. it will be a long time until we feel safe enough to cruise again.

ts12755 06-23-2020 12:01 PM

Cant wait to cruise again