Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Just For Fun (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/)
-   -   Riots in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/riots-villages-308407/)

rjn5656 06-28-2020 06:27 PM

Riots in The Villages

The rioting in major cities across the U.S. has spread to The Villages, Florida. Looters in Florida’s friendliest hometown have especially broken into stores that sell items like laxatives, vitamins, hearing aids, reading glasses, energy drinks and surgical stockings.

The thugs were easily caught and arrested since they were using their walkers and golf carts to flee. The protests have been limited to the evening hours because most of the lawbreakers either had doctor’s appointments during the day or rioting would have interfered with their naps.

The marches didn’t last that long because many of the demonstrators had to get home to pee. In many cases, the demonstrators simply forgot why they were even there. Officials considered a curfew starting at 9 p.m. But since that’s the time when most of the residents go to bed anyway, it was decided that it wasn’t needed.

Community leaders concluded that part of the problem was that residents were restless because they had too much time on their hands since the recreation centers, pools, theaters, boutique stores and especially the bars were closed due to the coronavirus.

Community officials wanted to form a committee to look further into the problem, but no one would volunteer due to social distancing concerns.

Stu from NYC 06-28-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjn5656 (Post 1794062)
The rioting in major cities across the U.S. has spread to The Villages, Florida. Looters in Florida’s friendliest hometown have especially broken into stores that sell items like laxatives, vitamins, hearing aids, reading glasses, energy drinks and surgical stockings.

The thugs were easily caught and arrested since they were using their walkers and golf carts to flee. The protests have been limited to the evening hours because most of the lawbreakers either had doctor’s appointments during the day or rioting would have interfered with their naps.

The marches didn’t last that long because many of the demonstrators had to get home to pee. In many cases, the demonstrators simply forgot why they were even there. Officials considered a curfew starting at 9 p.m. But since that’s the time when most of the residents go to bed anyway, it was decided that it wasn’t needed.

Community leaders concluded that part of the problem was that residents were restless because they had too much time on their hands since the recreation centers, pools, theaters, boutique stores and especially the bars were closed due to the coronavirus.

Community officials wanted to form a committee to look further into the problem, but no one would volunteer due to social distancing concerns.

We have been very bored staying at home and would love a distraction. Could we please give us 24 hours notice before the next riot so we can make plans to attend.

Taltarzac725 06-28-2020 06:54 PM

Pretty funny thread.

Reminds me of Mark Twain.

Steve9930 06-28-2020 07:05 PM

Now that is hillarious.

Gulfcoast 06-28-2020 07:29 PM

As a prospective buyer, I'd rather see live entertainment and dancing on the squares. Rioting and looting just doesn't do it for me.

Velvet 06-28-2020 07:32 PM

Aw... I think OP’s post is funny. I wouldn’t worry if I were a prospective buyer, OP is tongue in cheek.

Ecuadog 06-28-2020 07:36 PM

I hope that the rioters were wearing masks.

tophcfa 06-28-2020 08:07 PM

Thanks for the laugh jrn5656, it's nice to read a thread that is on the lighter side, all good : )

skyking 06-28-2020 08:48 PM

I saw that. Many "Old Lives Matter" signs. Things are getting out of hand.

n8xwb 06-28-2020 08:51 PM

Not funny

Stu from NYC 06-28-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8xwb (Post 1794121)
Not funny

au contraire as the French would say

Kenswing 06-28-2020 09:01 PM

I vote for funny. People need to untwist their knickers once in awhile..

Boomer 06-28-2020 09:24 PM

The OP was just having a little creative fun. :)

tophcfa 06-28-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8xwb (Post 1794121)
Not funny

To the contrary, very funny.

John41 06-28-2020 09:28 PM

funny