Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Current Events and News (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/current-events-news-541/)
-   -   Florida Sheriff will deputize all "lawful gun owners" (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/current-events-news-541/florida-sheriff-will-deputize-all-lawful-gun-owners-308531/)

TexaninVA 07-01-2020 06:29 PM

Florida Sheriff will deputize all "lawful gun owners"

1 Attachment(s)
The Sheriff of Clay County, FL, said he will "deputize every lawful gun owner" in his county to confront lawlessness and violent protests if need be.

This is what needs to happen across the country.

Sheriff to 'deputize lawful gun owners' to confront 'lawlessness' | Daily Mail Online

fdpaq0580 07-01-2020 07:13 PM

O. K.

Judging only from the post and picture (did not go to the story), seems like a sheriff that cares about the safety and security of the citizens under his protection. The picture shows me an officer and gentleman with a great smile. Someone I would probably like if I ever met him.
As to the .54 on the hip, unless you're pretty big, you might walk a little lopsided. Oh, and let me know if you're going to shoot. I want to put my fingers in my ears cause them things go BANG real loud.

Stay safe. Stay well. Peace!

Soxman 07-01-2020 07:35 PM

Thank you Mr. Daniels. A man doing his job and a man who cares about citizens. Stay safe out there.

mtdjed 07-01-2020 08:00 PM

Perhaps he wouldn't want some of us. He'd have a Posse of Barney Fifes. More self inflicted wounds than anything else. But no mass shootings since we would only have one bullet each.

John41 07-01-2020 08:45 PM

sheriff of Polk county said a similar thing. and that threat will keep the cowardly rioters away.

Get real 07-01-2020 08:54 PM

Political stunt. That knuckle head is under investigation by FDLE. Dope.

Stu from NYC 07-01-2020 08:58 PM

Glad he thinks his people should be protected.

anothersteve 07-01-2020 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Get real (Post 1796074)

True, we'll see what happens

Criminal investigation into Clay County Sheriff's dealings now in hands of prosecutors | firstcoastnews.com

TexaninVA 07-01-2020 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtdjed (Post 1796064)
Perhaps he wouldn't want some of us. He'd have a Posse of Barney Fifes. More self inflicted wounds than anything else. But no mass shootings since we would only have one bullet each.

Agreed ... best if those you mention self-select out and let the rest of us take care of it

tvbound 07-01-2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Get real (Post 1796074)

"Daniels also is under investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, or FDLE, after his former employer, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office, announced last year that he'd had an affair with a co-worker when he was running its jails.

Daniels, who is married, was accused of later having the woman falsely arrested."

Having affair with a co-woker while being married is one thing, but then having the girlfriend falsely arrested?

That's just COLD. LOL

LoisR 07-02-2020 05:09 AM

Nuts. Real men don't need guns. They need a healthy ego.

camaguey48 07-02-2020 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexaninVA (Post 1796026)
The Sheriff of Clay County, FL, said he will "deputize every lawful gun owner" in his county to confront lawlessness and violent protests if need be.

This is what needs to happen across the country.

Sheriff to 'deputize lawful gun owners' to confront 'lawlessness' | Daily Mail Online

No. Keep your finger off the trigger.

GaryKoca 07-02-2020 05:43 AM

Deputizing gun owners

Looks like we are back to the Old West of the late 1800's. I thought we were better than that as a country, but I guess not. Maybe they can have another gunfight at the O.K. Corral. Where are Henry Fonda and Burt Lancaster when we need them?

LG999 07-02-2020 05:57 AM

That's great! He is a smart man.

lwmilo 07-02-2020 06:27 AM

.54 caliber???? Possibly .45, Just asking???