Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Dunkin donuts in Spanish Springs (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/dunkin-donuts-spanish-springs-308554/)

Michael Charles 07-02-2020 12:15 PM

Dunkin donuts in Spanish Springs

At 7 a.m. today I went to get my wife her favorite donut at DD in Spanish Springs I approached the door and a worker was smoking nearby. No big deal as I thought she was taking her break. She walked in right behind me and turned the corner and put her partially smoked cigarette (to be fair it was doused outside) on the counter next to the register. She was unmasked and went right to the register and asked me what I'd like. I responded that I'd like her to please put on her mask and then wash her hands. She looked at me like how dare I ask her those questions. I asked to speak to the manager and she said it was her. I turned around and left. I will not be returning there anytime soon. I drove out to the DD on 441/27. They were all wearing a mask and will go there from now on.

jacksonbrown 07-02-2020 12:22 PM

put get partially smoked cigarette on the counter next to the register

Did you mean to write "she put her partially smoked ..."?

If that's so, heck with the mask, yuck!

coffeebean 07-02-2020 12:40 PM

~~~

DeanFL 07-02-2020 12:54 PM

"Hi! Yes, I'll have a medium hot coffee with bit of cream and Splenda. And a Glazed donut.

Oh - HOLD THE $#@%!! NICOTINE AND COVID!!!!"
You did the right thing - both confronting her and telling us.

Michael Charles 07-02-2020 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksonbrown (Post 1796465)
put get partially smoked cigarette on the counter next to the register

Did you mean to write "she put her partially smoked ..."?

If that's so, heck with the mask, yuck!

Yes, I edited it, thanks!

It was still a huge turnoff. The lack of hand washing upon re-entering the workspace was the real gross part.

Stu from NYC 07-02-2020 01:12 PM

Guess she has no idea what is going on in the world. Wonder how often the owner comes in

Michael Charles 07-02-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1796542)
...prior to this pandemic, I went into this DD to get a cup of coffee. The entire interior of this store was skeevey. That is the best word I can use to describe the utter filth of this place. Walked out and will NEVER go back!!!

At the 441/27 store is the exact opposite, I'm pleased to report.

As far as the owner goes, I did ask for the phone number to corporate but she told me she didn't have it! A store manager not having the phone number to corporate was a lie. Who would she call in order to report any issue at all to them.

retiredguy123 07-02-2020 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael charles (Post 1796546)
at the 441/27 store is the exact opposite, i'm pleased to report.

As far as the owner goes, i did ask for the phone number to corporate but she told me she didn't have it! A store manager not having the phone number to corporate was a lie. Who would she call in order to report any issue at all to them.

1-800-859-5339

Nucky 07-02-2020 04:28 PM

I have no link or article but still, I have several FACTS. Managers from time to time are ripping the place off. Saw something in the paper last week and the Ownership doesn't give a hoot. Ask them for a receipt after they give you your change. They tremble cause you caught them. They do not support their managers or keep an eyeball on the store at all.

How Spanish Springs or 441 are still open is amazing to me. The places are so dirty it isn't funny. For me to walk out takes a lot and I've walked out of both in the last week. I'm done with them. Shredded my DD Card. Brought a tear to my eye but dirty on top of waiting at the drive-up so long its time to shave again, screw 'em. The best alternative would be Wawa on 441 for us or just make the coffee at home and call it a day.

fdpaq0580 07-02-2020 07:48 PM

Agree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1796601)
I have no link or article but still, I have several FACTS. Managers from time to time are ripping the place off. Saw something in the paper last week and the Ownership doesn't give a hoot. Ask them for a receipt after they give you your change. They tremble cause you caught them. They do not support their managers or keep an eyeball on the store at all.

How Spanish Springs or 441 are still open is amazing to me. The places are so dirty it isn't funny. For me to walk out takes a lot and I've walked out of both in the last week. I'm done with them. Shredded my DD Card. Brought a tear to my eye but dirty on top of waiting at the drive-up so long its time to shave again, screw 'em. The best alternative would be Wawa on 441 for us or just make the coffee at home and call it a day.

Doughnuts from grocery bakery and home brewed coffee is best way to go.

davem4616 07-02-2020 08:55 PM

bad help is easy to find

and yes, thanks for letting us know

tophcfa 07-02-2020 10:23 PM

Nobody wants to go back to work and get exposed to Covid when they can get very generous unemployment benefits that pay more than their hourly wage. It's a very delicate balance between taking care of the people that really need help versus giving incentive to competent folks to not work.

JulieER 07-03-2020 06:09 AM

For once, these poorly paid job holders are finally getting a livable wage thru unemployment.

Dana1963 07-03-2020 06:15 AM

You did the right thing HOPEFULLY others will follow your que at other establishments encountering the same.

Neils 07-03-2020 06:29 AM

Vote with you feet. Leave these dirty establishments. No customers - no $