Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Nuts and bolts of The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nuts-bolts-villages-139/)
-   -   Water tastes bad --which villages? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/nuts-bolts-villages-139/water-tastes-bad-villages-308602/)

mvbird 07-03-2020 02:58 PM

Water tastes bad --which villages?

We've lived in 2 homes in The Villages. At the house in Caroline village (near Sumter Landing) the water was ok right from the tap. I should have tasted the water at our house in Duval village (between Sumter and Brownwood)before we bought it. The taste is very bad.... unusable even after boiling. Wondering which villages have better water than others.

JSR22 07-03-2020 03:01 PM

I am in Bonita, next to Duval, and had to have a water filtration system installed. The water smelled like chlorine. NOVA installed the system and our water is great.

graciegirl 07-03-2020 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1797219)
I am in Bonita, next to Duval, and had to have a walter filtration system installed. The water smelled like chlorine. NOVA installed the system and our water is great.

In the summer more chlorine is added to the drinking water because the heat causes bacteria to grow.

If you only use the home on occasion, it is wise to let the water run in all taps and replace your ice when you come from another area.

We use water and ice from the fridge which is filtered to drink and never notice anything different.

ctmurray 07-03-2020 03:26 PM

I am up in Chatham, northern edge. We found the water bad tasting and eventually installed a whole house NOVA system (cost is about $600). We did not have a fridge with a filter built in. Now I can get good tasting water from every faucet.

asianthree 07-03-2020 05:17 PM

Third village we always use bottled

Bay Kid 07-04-2020 07:49 AM

NOVA Filtration for great water at a very fair price. My water in Winifred has been great for years.

Velvet 07-04-2020 11:18 AM

At Mallory, water seems fine. I have thought about a filter system but so far don’t need it.

Topspinmo 07-17-2020 04:11 PM

I don’t drink any tap water without Extra filtration. If not taste like swap water to me. Change my refrigerator filter every 6 months.

OrangeBlossomBaby 07-17-2020 05:29 PM

We have a filter under our kitchen sink. The water feeds into the tap in the sink, plus the dishwasher and the ice maker. We replace the cartridge every 6 months for around $30 per cartridge on Amazon.

I refuse to drink tap water from either of our bathroom sinks. I'm pretty sensitive to smells and tastes, and I have yet to find a single unfiltered source of tapwater in Florida that didn't make me want to blow chunks.

But the filter in the kitchen works great, and I can safely fill my thermos to bring to work from our kitchen faucet.

Stu from NYC 07-17-2020 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSR22 (Post 1797219)
I am in Bonita, next to Duval, and had to have a water filtration system installed. The water smelled like chlorine. NOVA installed the system and our water is great.

We have been in Bonita since Feb and thinks the water as is tastes fine.