Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   If you don't know how to post, please read this now (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/if-you-dont-know-how-post-please-read-now-30869/)

tony 08-06-2010 09:22 AM

If you don't know how to post, please read this now

Here's how to enter a post on TalkOfTheVillages.com
1. Click on the appropriate section of the forum. General Discussion, for example.
2. Click on a thread of conversation you want to read.
3. When you get to the last post, click Reply.
4. Type in the white box.
5. When you are finished, scroll down and click on Submit.

If you want to start a new thread of conversation.
1. Click on the appropriate section of the forum. The sections are listed in the home page, or index page.
2. Click on the New Thread button on the left side, atop the first message.
3. In the Title block, type your title.
4. In the big, white box below that, type your message.
5. Scroll down and click Submit New Thread.

bloisy 01-23-2012 05:24 AM

Hi I am a new member,I have figured out how to post.But I do not know how to pm (private message )to someone.IE on for rent

The Villager II 01-23-2012 05:40 AM

Click on the name of anyone you wish to PM and a drop down box comes up with that as one of the many options.

Bogie Shooter 02-14-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccalvertr (Post 453408)
I am new also and need to know if anyone has used LUMBER LIQUIDATORS for LAMINATE

FLOORING.

Use the instructions above to start a new thread. You will get more replys from a new thread than this thread which has nothing to do with Lumber Liquidators.

shcisamax 02-17-2012 05:27 PM

confused but willing to learn

I am new to this site and, although I can reply to posts, I can't seem to see where the start thread button is.. Can someone explain to me where it is? I have a million questions.
I also have not been able to see where to post for an introduction on the new member forum. I found the forum with a message from the admin but there is no reply button. Thanks.

TOTV Team 02-18-2012 10:24 AM

When you go to the desired forum/section you would click the New Thread button to start a brand new discussion.

navcapt831 02-27-2012 10:29 AM

How can I delete a thread? I checked the EDIT function but could not see a delete option. Thanks

RCR 02-27-2012 10:45 AM

Thanks!!!

BmoreGal 03-01-2012 01:35 PM

Does my picture appear when I post

Hi All - I am new to this.

Does my picture appear when I post.

I have posted 1 reply to date, but did not see my pic attached.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

skyguy79 03-01-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navcapt831 (Post 459591)
How can I delete a thread? I checked the EDIT function but could not see a delete option. Thanks

The Admin had answered that question in another thread last year. CLICK HERE to read the response.

BTW, welcome to TOTV!

Heitlauf 04-22-2012 09:02 AM

Hello

I am new to TV Forum. Am I posting in the right place? All the ads are a bit confusing.

TOTV Team 04-22-2012 09:45 AM

This test post was successful. You should go to the section of interest, then click on that section and post a message there. There are no discussions in this forum.

asilver 04-22-2012 11:05 AM

Tony (or anyone out there) -
There is the "post Reply" at the end of the last message like you said, and - there is the "Quick Reply" box after the last message! What is the difference?

skyguy79 04-22-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asilver (Post 482683)
Tony (or anyone out there) -
There is the "post Reply" at the end of the last message like you said, and - there is the "Quick Reply" box after the last message! What is the difference?

You can respond to any posting without quoting by clicking the "pencil & paper" button to the right of the "Quote" button. It will immediately take you to the Quick Post window to enter your post without having to scroll down first. You can later add the quote before posting if you change your mind by clicking a little box in the edit window.

BTW, Tony is no longer with the site as Admin if at all!

larryflo05@gmail.com 05-03-2012 12:07 PM

new to the totv registered on may 2 & posted an e-mail and then hit post at the bottom of e-mail.-------larryflo05@gmail.com