Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Trolls!!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/trolls-309366/)

Texasmuleskinner 07-23-2020 12:15 PM

Trolls!!!!

Approximately two weeks ago a community standards representative came by and told me I must remove the white cross from my front yard. It was apparently reported by a “troll“. I have taken the necessary steps to correct this deficiency. However, in going around our community in tall trees I find white crosses all over the place, along with other numerous violations of yard ornaments and and unkept yards. I don’t know if I was one person who they singled out for some reason or nobody else has taken care of any violations that had been reported. If the person who reported me for the cross would like to come by my house at 2166 Smoaks , I would be happy to introduce them to my style of religion.

Jayhawk 07-23-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cypressmark33 (Post 1807661)
Approximately two weeks ago a community standards representative came by and told me I must remove the white cross from my front yard. It was apparently reported by a “troll“. I have taken the necessary steps to correct this deficiency. However, in going around our community in tall trees I find white crosses all over the place, along with other numerous violations of yard ornaments and and unkept yards. I don’t know if I was one person who they singled out for some reason or nobody else has taken care of any violations that had been reported. If the person who reported me for the cross would like to come by my house at 2166 Smoaks , I would be happy to introduce them to my style of religion.

As a TOTV member for 6 years, did you not know these were against the rules in several of the districts in The Villages?

If you did, then you knew you were violating the deed restrictions you agreed to. If you didn't, then the person reporting you did you a favor.

"Style of religion" is not part of the deed restrictions.

FLSunshine 07-23-2020 01:12 PM

Agree with Jayhawk. It has nothing to do with being a cross since I proudly display mine inside my house but the fact you agreed to the deed restriction is the issue. Display it inside your house proudly, on your body proudly, or anywhere else proudly except the agreement when you purchased your home.

Arctic Fox 07-23-2020 01:17 PM

Quote:

... I don’t know if I was one person who they singled out for some reason or nobody else has taken care of any violations that had been reported...

Ask your neighbors if they have been told to remove their crosses/ornaments

Villageswimmer 07-23-2020 01:19 PM

Let it go. Life’s too short.

Stu from NYC 07-23-2020 02:05 PM

We are not Christian but a small cross in front of somone' s house is of no interest to us.

Wonder what happens Christmastime around here?

davem4616 07-23-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Villageswimmer (Post 1807678)
Let it go. Life’s too short.

I agree...life is too short, just let it go

give it a place of honor somewhere inside your home

trichard 07-23-2020 02:23 PM

Follow the rules!

thelegges 07-23-2020 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1807700)
We are not Christian but a small cross in front of somone' s house is of no interest to us.

Wonder what happens Christmastime around here?

Outdoor holiday decorations can be displayed for 30 days. Our neighborhood does a great job at Halloween

vintageogauge 07-23-2020 03:40 PM

Don't live in fear, follow your deed restrictions and you will have no problems.

Stu from NYC 07-23-2020 04:23 PM

So in other words some districts allow it and some do not?

Villageswimmer 07-23-2020 04:31 PM

In our previous neighborhood, we had a man—a real hothead—who didn’t have his lawn mowed and let weeds grow. The place was an eyesore. We all liked the anonymous system. It would have been very risky to confront him directly or attach a neighbor’s name to a complaint.

No telling how he would have retaliated.

Why should someone like this get away with violations through intimidation?

He didn’t.

CanTho 07-23-2020 04:37 PM

Quote:

The Villages is a " Deed Restricted Community " . Enough said.

tvbound 07-23-2020 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1807740)

That's what we were told.

njbchbum 07-23-2020 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1807740)

Yes! If you would like to see what your Village can become without lawn ornament/yard art restrictions, take a ride thru the historic side's original villages!