Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Hacienda Restaurant (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/hacienda-restaurant-309478/)

powderpuff 07-27-2020 02:29 AM

Hacienda Restaurant

Does anyone know why the Hacienda Restaurant and pool are being torn down? What are they going to put there once everything is gone?

Stu from NYC 07-27-2020 06:18 AM

Understanding building is a mess and nobody wanted to fix it.

There was a thread or two on this about week or so ago.

graciegirl 07-27-2020 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powderpuff (Post 1809267)
Does anyone know why the Hacienda Restaurant and pool are being torn down? What are they going to put there once everything is gone?

The Hacienda Restaurant is owned by the developers and was originally run very well as a restaurant by them. They have a history of being very good at running restaurants maybe partially because they can fund the down times that Florida's tourist trade face. As is their business plan, they establish, run for awhile and then lease the building for other businesses to run as a restaurant.

When the developers were in charge, the restaurant was a suit and tie required affair but that changed fairly quickly. The people who leased the building after that had varying degrees of success and as the area's residents aged, business declined.

It simply was not getting business and it closed. Now we will see what they do with the land. It is our experience that The Morses play their business hand close to their vest as is good practice in business.

There are many guesses. We will see. It requires patience, grasshopper.

joeharing 07-27-2020 07:14 AM

Condos of course....

Bogie Shooter 07-27-2020 07:22 AM

Quote:

A search on TOTV found these other threads.
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...light=hacienda
https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...light=hacienda

BostonRich 07-27-2020 08:47 AM

After looking into this issue a bit I keep seeing comments like this:

"The AAC in 2013 purchased the old El Santiago Club restaurant from the Developer for $350,000 . . . . To its horror and after shelling out $350,000, the AAC learned that the El Santiago Club restaurant building was unusable. It was demolished.

Come on people. Didn't they inspect the place before buying it? I can't see how you can blame the seller for a buyer who didn't do due diligence. I have no opinion on the Hacienda issue because I don't know the whole story here or what plans there are for the property but you wouldn't buy a house that was in such bad condition that it had to be demolished would you? The AAC seems to have dropped the ball in these past cases.

gatorbill1 07-27-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeharing (Post 1809348)
Condos of course....

Interesting - very interesting

rustyp 07-27-2020 09:05 AM

Quote:

An assisted living facility annex of Elan Spanish Springs on the corner of Avenida and Alverez.

Lottoguy 07-27-2020 09:16 AM

THE VILLAGES - Demolition of Hacienda Hills - YouTube

Stu from NYC 07-27-2020 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAAndre (Post 1809448)
After looking into this issue a bit I keep seeing comments like this:

"The AAC in 2013 purchased the old El Santiago Club restaurant from the Developer for $350,000 . . . . To its horror and after shelling out $350,000, the AAC learned that the El Santiago Club restaurant building was unusable. It was demolished.

Come on people. Didn't they inspect the place before buying it? I can't see how you can blame the seller for a buyer who didn't do due diligence. I have no opinion on the Hacienda issue because I don't know the whole story here or what plans there are for the property but you wouldn't buy a house that was in such bad condition that it had to be demolished would you? The AAC seems to have dropped the ball in these past cases.

It would be foolish not to use a home inspector when buying a house, incredible that a business could be so foolish and careless.

Kahuna32162 07-27-2020 01:24 PM

Food was bad, service was bad, kitchen was dirty. Developer tried to sell it to us, and wisely, we (The residents) said NO. Don't expect anything special or soon in that location, all the work is now being done south of 44. As an example, the new First Responder Rec center in Calumet Grove area won't be ready until at least the fall of 2022.

Jayhawk 07-27-2020 01:43 PM

////

Jayhawk 07-27-2020 01:44 PM

Quote:

Does anyone know why the Hacienda Restaurant and pool are being torn down?

Ice water with lemon.

Waiter, check please.

npwalters 07-27-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 (Post 1809591)
Food was bad, service was bad, kitchen was dirty. Developer tried to sell it to us, and wisely, we (The residents) said NO. Don't expect anything special or soon in that location, all the work is now being done south of 44. As an example, the new First Responder Rec center in Calumet Grove area won't be ready until at least the fall of 2022.

All issues that could be easily resolved.

Kahuna32162 07-27-2020 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by npwalters (Post 1809608)
All issues that could be easily resolved.

but unfortunately weren't through multiple operators. I believe the last was World of Beers.