Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   What's Goin' On? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/whats-goin-309631/)

Polar Bear 07-31-2020 08:38 AM

What's Goin' On?

No, this is not a thread about Marvin Gaye. :D

Most of my usual sources of information regarding clubs, activities, sports, etc., both organized and casual, are really unreliable in these trying times. They are either not updated at all or are very inaccurate. And it also appears some new activities, C-virus friendly of course, have sprung up as a direct result of (in spite of? :clap2:) the current situation.

So I was hoping I could get folks to post regarding activities that are still or newly available to Villagers, especially those activities that are not mentioned or accurately detailed in the usual information sources. I think many could benefit from this.

So...what's goin' on? :)

Kilmacowen 07-31-2020 10:59 AM

Line dancing at 5 at LSL Appropriately spaced. You can watch on the video camera.

kbogli 08-01-2020 08:01 AM

Sorry but 'appropriately spaced' is just a joke, we went to SL one evening around 630 to pick up food and noticed the dancing in the square at least 50 people, no masks and all but one lady were all clustered together maybe 3' of space between :(

Madelaine Amee 08-01-2020 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1811135)
No, this is not a thread about Marvin Gaye. :D

Most of my usual sources of information regarding clubs, activities, sports, etc., both organized and casual, are really unreliable in these trying times. They are either not updated at all or are very inaccurate. And it also appears some new activities, C-virus friendly of course, have sprung up as a direct result of (in spite of? :clap2:) the current situation.

So I was hoping I could get folks to post regarding activities that are still or newly available to Villagers, especially those activities that are not mentioned or accurately detailed in the usual information sources. I think many could benefit from this.

So...what's goin' on? :)

Nice post Bear, but I think we are sort of stuck in a void for the time being. The news yesterday said that virus numbers were escalating in Marion and that is too close for comfort, so I think it will be difficult for a lot of us to get out and about somewhat like usual until the numbers get better. Our go to place is LSL, but not much happening there at the moment.

As for me personally - I am getting sick of reading, doing cross words, watching the box and finding stuff to do around the house and yard. I actually stooped to cleaning out the garage this week :ohdear::ohdear:

Two Bills 08-01-2020 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee (Post 1811582)
Nice post Bear, but I think we are sort of stuck in a void for the time being. The news yesterday said that virus numbers were escalating in Marion and that is too close for comfort, so I think it will be difficult for a lot of us to get out and about somewhat like usual until the numbers get better. Our go to place is LSL, but not much happening there at the moment.

As for me personally - I am getting sick of reading, doing cross words, watching the box and finding stuff to do around the house and yard. I actually stooped to cleaning out the garage this week :ohdear::ohdear:

Don't know about ongoing activities in TV.
But.
I sharpened 37 pencils yesterday, then checked about 40 old ball point pens for ink, and threw most of them away!!:ohdear: