Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Apartments Coming to Lake Sumter? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/apartments-coming-lake-sumter-311063/)

Marigold 09-14-2020 07:59 AM

Apartments Coming to Lake Sumter?

Did anyone else read the “ Notice of proposed change of allowable land uses through amendment to the Tri-County villages of Sumter in the villages of Sumter development original impact development orders“ that was in Sunday’s Daily Sun? It included a location map for Lake Sumter Landings with an amendment for four parcels to change by adding single-family and multi-family residential as a permitted use. These parcels appear to be on three sides of the town square and down Canal Street. There also is a location map for Hacienda Hills Country Club and an amendment to amend its designation from mixed-use and add multi-family residential and additional commercial uses as permitted uses. I was aware of the changes to Hacienda Hills Country Club but this is the first time that I saw any notice about Lake Sumter.
There are public hearings at Everglades Recreation Center to consider these amendments on September 21, October 13 and October 27.

vintageogauge 09-14-2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marigold (Post 1832685)
Did anyone else read the “ Notice of proposed change of allowable land uses through amendment to the Tri-County villages of Sumter in the villages of Sumter development original impact development orders“ that was in Sunday’s Daily Sun? It included a location map for Lake Sumter Landings with an amendment for four parcels to change by adding single-family and multi-family residential as a permitted use. These parcels appear to be on three sides of the town square and down Canal Street. There also is a location map for Hacienda Hills Country Club and an amendment to amend its designation from mixed-use and add multi-family residential and additional commercial uses as permitted uses. I was aware of the changes to Hacienda Hills Country Club but this is the first time that I saw any notice about Lake Sumter.
There are public hearings at Everglades Recreation Center to consider these amendments on September 21, October 13 and October 27.

It seems like they want to have apartments available at all the squares, the Lofts at Brownwood are a great addition to the area and I'm sure if built around Lake Sumter and Spanish they will be just as nice. If they are going to build upscale apartments they might as well be in the commercial areas.

Topspinmo 09-14-2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marigold (Post 1832685)

And who couldn’t see this coming, lots empty buildings at Southern trace also.

champion6 09-14-2020 01:45 PM

I posted the notice yesterday: https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...tments-311047/

bargee 09-14-2020 02:44 PM

Just watch out for zoning changes at the Polo Field

Mleeja 09-14-2020 06:07 PM

The upper levels were designed for offices. I guess there are not enough lawyers and accountants to occupy this space. I visited the district offices when they were in LSL. The office had a great view of the square with a balcony. For a music lover this would be a great apartment. Sign me up!

Northwoods 09-14-2020 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mleeja (Post 1832966)
The upper levels were designed for offices. I guess there are not enough lawyers and accountants to occupy this space. I visited the district offices when they were in LSL. The office had a great view of the square with a balcony. For a music lover this would be a great apartment. Sign me up!

I agree. I'm guessing they want to convert the second story space in Lake Sumter into apartments. Just like they want to convert second story space in Spanish Springs into apartments.
This is done in many if not most big cities. Ground floor has shops, above the shops are apartments/condos.

txfan 09-14-2020 08:40 PM

Should be plenty of room for housing at LSL when Street of Dreams relocates to Brownwood.

davem4616 09-14-2020 09:10 PM

I've often wondered why the 2nd floors in the buildings around the squares seemed to be unoccupied...and why did they build a 2nd floor if it wasn't going to be used?

Now I wonder where the folks that ultimately will lease or purchase the apartments on those 2nd floors will be parking their vehicles?

Rwirish 09-15-2020 05:11 AM

The Lofts of Brownwood are anything but a great addition. Apartments in TV is nothing more then an increase in density and a steady revenue stream for the Developer.

Two Bills 09-15-2020 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davem4616 (Post 1833005)
I've often wondered why the 2nd floors in the buildings around the squares seemed to be unoccupied...and why did they build a 2nd floor if it wasn't going to be used?

Now I wonder where the folks that ultimately will lease or purchase the apartments on those 2nd floors will be parking their vehicles?

Probably alongside the cars parked by those on the ground floor.

rustyp 09-15-2020 05:59 AM

Like Hacienda Hills I predict Cane Garden will be the next CC demolished and turned into apartments. How many of you were here when numerous executive courses had restaurants ? Silver Lake, Chula Vista, and El Santiago off the top of my head.

Rowenfl 09-15-2020 06:08 AM

The apartments in Sumter Landing are probably above the storefronts (first floor commercial). A lot of The Villages offices are up there.

billyb1950 09-15-2020 06:09 AM

Maybe the Waterfront Hotel @ LSL will convert to apartments. To some extent (parking, location, etc), it seems logical.

Worldseries27 09-15-2020 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marigold (Post 1832685)
did anyone else read the “ notice of proposed change of allowable land uses through amendment to the tri-county villages of sumter in the villages of sumter development original impact development orders“ that was in sunday’s daily sun? It included a location map for lake sumter landings with an amendment for four parcels to change by adding single-family and multi-family residential as a permitted use. These parcels appear to be on three sides of the town square and down canal street. There also is a location map for hacienda hills country club and an amendment to amend its designation from mixed-use and add multi-family residential and additional commercial uses as permitted uses. I was aware of the changes to hacienda hills country club but this is the first time that i saw any notice about lake sumter.
There are public hearings at everglades recreation center to consider these amendments on september 21, october 13 and october 27.

well i hope someone at these meetings brings up the issue of the noise complaints that these future residents will invariably make to 911. What then? Curtailing the square activities? Or worse. What ironclad assurances will we get that this wont occur? Don't hold your breath waiting for them.