Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Helping Hands (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/helping-hands-130/)
-   -   Do I Have Any Recourse (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/helping-hands-130/do-i-have-any-recourse-311092/)

Travelingal702 09-15-2020 08:06 AM

Do I Have Any Recourse

A mother and daughter team had been cleaning my house for a few weeks. Suddenly, they stopped coming, with no explanation. I've just discovered that two items, worth over $1,500.00 have gone missing. They have been the ONLY outsiders in my home. Now I know why they stopped coming. I know exactly where these two items were and now they are gone. Do I have any recourse of action? Or would it be their word against mine. I am so disappointed. I trusted these people and now I've been betrayed.

Rapscallion St Croix 09-15-2020 08:14 AM

Name 'em.

dewilson58 09-15-2020 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travelingal702 (Post 1833134)
A mother and daughter team had been cleaning my house for a few weeks. Suddenly, they stopped coming, with no explanation. I've just discovered that two items, worth over $1,500.00 have gone missing. They have been the ONLY outsiders in my home. Now I know why they stopped coming. I know exactly where these two items were and now they are gone. Do I have any recourse of action? Or would it be their word against mine. I am so disappointed. I trusted these people and now I've been betrayed.

Call law enforcement and you will know the answer to your question.

Stu from NYC 09-15-2020 08:46 AM

Call the police

PugMom 09-15-2020 08:56 AM

agreeing with the others, I'd call police today. one can suspect you probably aren't the 1st person to make the call on them; you would be helping others by reporting right away. I'd do it, for sure, especially with the value of items missing.
p.s.: do you know if they are insured or bonded?

dewilson58 09-15-2020 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PugMom (Post 1833179)
p.s.: do you know if they are insured or bonded?

:1rotfl:

jclrxman 09-15-2020 09:04 AM

Call the Police

retiredguy123 09-15-2020 09:51 AM

You can call the police. But, without evidence against them, like a video, I don't think you have any recourse against them.

mixsonci 09-15-2020 10:02 AM

I think you should name them to protect the rest of us from hiring them and possibly getting ripped off also. They are probably looking for work now and I just hired a mother and daughter team to clean my house and I really don't want to start off by suspecting them. People are going to be afraid of hiring mother/daughter teams and that's not right. You can't put something like this out there and just leave it hanging.

PugMom 09-15-2020 10:13 AM

:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1833182)
:1rotfl:

:icon_wink::icon_wink:

Stu from NYC 09-15-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixsonci (Post 1833218)
I think you should name them to protect the rest of us from hiring them and possibly getting ripped off also. They are probably looking for work now and I just hired a mother and daughter team to clean my house and I really don't want to start off by suspecting them. People are going to be afraid of hiring mother/daughter teams and that's not right. You can't put something like this out there and just leave it hanging.

In your case would ask for info privately

B-flat 09-15-2020 11:03 AM

Crimes against seniors! Contact them.

Bjeanj 09-15-2020 12:42 PM

You will need a police report for the insurance claim, also.

thelegges 09-15-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixsonci (Post 1833218)

Since there is no visual proof of the items being removed form their space, and then removed from the household. The business could come after anyone who posted the company or the names of individuals. Sadly it’s a he said she said, with no proof. Best to make out a reports and let them handle it, along with insurance company

retiredguy123 09-15-2020 01:05 PM

I would do nothing, unless you have a special insurance endorsement for the stolen items, or evidence against the house cleaners.

Calling the police would be a waste of time.