Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website and Mobile Suggestion Box (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/)
-   -   When is the "OLD VERSION" of this site going away? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/when-old-version-site-going-away-311368/)

coffeebean 09-23-2020 09:05 PM

When is the "OLD VERSION" of this site going away?

I've been using the new version of this site for months now. I just decided to see if the old version is still available. It is. Just wondering if the old version is going away or will both versions always be available.

Thanks TOTV Team.

Two Bills 09-24-2020 03:13 AM

Shhhhh! Don't bring it to their attention.
I still use the old version, and am not a fan of the new version.
Long may the oldie remain!

Graspher 09-24-2020 04:32 AM

Agree.....quiet please - I remain addicted to the “old” version. Let’s not call attention to this topic......

ureout 09-24-2020 05:48 AM

I've tried the new version several times i just think it's way to bright to look at ... the dark green in the old version seem to tone it down... I hope they never shut down this version

thelegges 09-24-2020 07:00 AM

Have to admit I would spend less time on the new version, maybe just leave the site for good. It’s hard on my eyes

billethkid 09-24-2020 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1837542)
Shhhhh! Don't bring it to their attention.
I still use the old version, and am not a fan of the new version.
Long may the oldie remain!

Ditto!

Rapscallion St Croix 09-24-2020 08:11 AM

I'm leaving when the old version leaves. Wait, please hold your applause until the thread is closed.

inda50 09-24-2020 06:11 PM

The old version is better.

coffeebean 09-25-2020 03:20 AM

Have any of you tried the new version lately? I don't find the colors too bright at all. The main color is a lovely beige and the box for the quoted comments is dark green. When the new version was first introduced to us, there was a lot of "back and forth" with the colors for the new version, me being one of the folks who asked for more toned down colors. TOTV Team complied and now the site is much easier on the eyes.

As for the mobile version.......the new mobile version is so much better because the text size is much larger. With the new version, I don't need to ZOOM the page in order to read the text.

La lamy 09-25-2020 05:09 AM

I agree with CoffeeBean's comments. Give the new version another try. I have no issues with it.

ureout 09-25-2020 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La lamy (Post 1837996)
I agree with CoffeeBean's comments. Give the new version another try. I have no issues with it.

I just checked out the new version on my PC ... it's still way to bright to look at and has about 10% of the dark green of the old version that seems to tone the brightness down

FenneyGuy 09-25-2020 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1837530)
I've been using the new version of this site for months now. I just decided to see if the old version is still available. It is. Just wondering if the old version is going away or will both versions always be available.

Thanks TOTV Team.

What is the link to the "Old Version" of TOTV?

NoMoSno 09-25-2020 07:27 AM

There is no reason there can't be multiple "skins" available on a forum.
I always chose a "dark theme" if offered. Easier on my eyes.

dewilson58 09-25-2020 07:40 AM

Oh Boy.

Been on the new version for months.
Gott'n use to it.

Jus went back to the Old Version...........I like the old way better.
(should not have tasted the forbidden fruit)

retiredguy123 09-25-2020 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ureout (Post 1837564)
I've tried the new version several times i just think it's way to bright to look at ... the dark green in the old version seem to tone it down... I hope they never shut down this version

Depending on what type of device you are using, there is usually a display setting for light or dark mode (sometimes called night mode). I have found that the dark mode is better than the light mode for most websites. I leave it on all the time on my desktop.