Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Computer questions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/)
-   -   IT Computer Help (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/computer-questions-92/computer-help-311522/)

Beatit 09-29-2020 07:08 AM

IT Computer Help

Need recommendations for someone who can help with Windows 10 PC software problem. Has anyone used Geek Squad? Thanks.

JoelJohnson 09-29-2020 07:23 AM

I can fix your problems. I will convert you to Linux Mint. I've converted over a dozen people here in The Villages to Linux and none have asked to go back to Windows.
Linux doesn't need antivirus software, doesn't force updates on you, it's FREE, there are 10s of thousands of programs that are also free.

IBM paid $34 Billion for a Linux service company (Red Hat), Microsoft is using Linux in it's browser. The rocket that the brought the astronauts to the Space Station ran on Linux both ways!

You don't loose anything, I replace your hard drive with a Linux version and let you try it, if you don't like it I will put your old drive back in. No harm, no foul.

stephen.q.pankow 09-29-2020 09:47 AM

I'd recommend that you describe the problem that you're having. If it's something simple or common someone here may be able to offer the advice you need to be able to resolve the issue yourself.

rjn5656 09-29-2020 10:21 AM

I had good luck with Geek Squad.

Stu from NYC 09-29-2020 10:35 AM

Have found MMD to be very helpful

RyanA 11-27-2020 11:14 PM

I might be able to help

Hi,

I might be able to help out. I've been working in IT for 13 years. Feel free to post about your problem here or email me at AlpaughTech@Gmail.com . If I can't figure it out (I usually can), I might be able to recommend someone who will.

Ryan

mrfixit 11-28-2020 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatit (Post 1840264)
Need recommendations for someone who can help with Windows 10 PC software problem. Has anyone used Geek Squad? Thanks.

.....CALL this Villager
..........MARK @ 319-270-7737
.............OR...EMAIL..... mwhefron@msn.com

LESS THAN $100..... for 99.9% of computer Problems.

I took a laptop to him this year.
...... it was the same LAPTOP that
a local Computer Fixing Company told me Can Not be repaired.....

Mark fixed it...no problem ...

Dana1963 11-28-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoelJohnson (Post 1840277)
I can fix your problems. I will convert you to Linux Mint. I've converted over a dozen people here in The Villages to Linux and none have asked to go back to Windows.
Linux doesn't need antivirus software, doesn't force updates on you, it's FREE, there are 10s of thousands of programs that are also free.

IBM paid $34 Billion for a Linux service company (Red Hat), Microsoft is using Linux in it's browser. The rocket that the brought the astronauts to the Space Station ran on Linux both ways!

You don't loose anything, I replace your hard drive with a Linux version and let you try it, if you don't like it I will put your old drive back in. No harm, no foul.

I agree RUN don’t walk away from Win10

bp243 12-05-2020 11:16 AM

With a recent purchase of a home in The Villages that we'll be using during the winter months, I'm wondering how to access Next-door.com in The Villages. Since we already have an account where we live, Next Door says that I have an account which is true. Does anyone have two Next Door accounts that you can access and if so, how did you accomplish that?

retiredguy123 12-05-2020 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bp243 (Post 1870094)
With a recent purchase of a home in The Villages that we'll be using during the winter months, I'm wondering how to access Next-door.com in The Villages. Since we already have an account where we live, Next Door says that I have an account which is true. Does anyone have two Next Door accounts that you can access and if so, how did you accomplish that?

I don't think you need to set up another account. You can join another neighborhood, but you need to use another email address to be a member of two neighborhoods.

kathyspear 12-05-2020 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bp243 (Post 1870094)

Use a different email account.

You will need to use an address that either corresponds with your cell phone account (they check somehow) OR they will mail a postcard to the FL address so you need to be able to get your mail if you are not down here.

kathy

caljeff 12-21-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1840460)
Have found MMD to be very helpful

So have I. I go to the one located at 109 US-441, Lady Lake.

Indy-Guy 12-21-2020 01:42 PM

I have used Jacob's Computers in Wildwood. Located next to the Wildwood Town Hall. See link below. Have used him about 3 times and would will continue to go to him.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/jacobs-comp...m_source=yahoo