Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Are TV Restaurants safe? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/tv-restaurants-safe-311603/)

justjim 09-30-2020 10:17 PM

Are TV Restaurants safe?

Just returned to TV and don’t know what to expect at some of our favorite restaurants when it comes to safety from the coronavirus. We have a special occasion next week and would like to have dinner here inThe Villages. Some of our favorite dining places are Bluefin, Lopez and Chop House to name a few. Also, we have not tried Wolfgang Puck. If you have been to any of these restaurants in the last week or so did you feel safe? Were the waiters wearing masks, tables social distanced and were you required to wear a mask? If safety protocols are not in place, we will make other choices and plans.

torchy 10-03-2020 11:18 AM

Good question!

Went last night to Belle Glade and several servers had their masks pulled down below their noses. Plus, what appeared to be the manager, had his mask pulled down all the way to his neck. We told him we wouldn’t be back because of this. He didn’t seem to care.

As far as Wolfgang’s and Chop House go, their staff seems compliant at this point.

As the snowbird and flu season begins, this is a good thread to continue. Forewarned is forearmed.

Red White & Blue 10-03-2020 11:24 AM

They are no different from any other restaurant in the country, sit down and enjoy!

retiredguy123 10-03-2020 11:29 AM

I feel safer in a restaurant where you can sit in a booth with a high back.

golfing eagles 10-03-2020 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1842255)

Could you please cite a multicentered, placebo controlled, double blinded study of at least 4,000 people in a repudiable medical journal that shows that, or are you just shooting from the hip?:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

retiredguy123 10-03-2020 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1842267)
Could you please cite a multicentered, placebo controlled, double blinded study of at least 4,000 people in a repudiable medical journal that shows that, or are you just shooting from the hip?:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

Shooting from the hip. I didn't say it was safer. I said that I "feel" safer.

golfing eagles 10-03-2020 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1842269)
Shooting from the hip. I didn't say it was safer. I said that I "feel" safer.

I like you too much to ask "on what basis", so I'll just say I hope there are plenty of high back booths at your favorite restaurants.

Dana1963 10-03-2020 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1841236)
Just returned to TV and don’t know what to expect at some of our favorite restaurants when it comes to safety from the coronavirus. We have a special occasion next week and would like to have dinner here inThe Villages. Some of our favorite dining places are Bluefin, Lopez and Chop House to name a few. Also, we have not tried Wolfgang Puck. If you have been to any of these restaurants in the last week or so did you feel safe? Were the waiters wearing masks, tables social distanced and were you required to wear a mask? If safety protocols are not in place, we will make other choices and plans.

You have 2 choices either you go and have a good time or you don’t. If conditions feel safe stay, if not leave. It’s up to the individuals. Chances are you might not become ill, if you do blame yourself for not taking precautions

8notes 10-03-2020 12:00 PM

I personally won't go to a restaurant unless servers are wearing masks properly, and I can sit outside, distanced away from other diners. You can call restaurants and see if they require servers to wear masks, and if they have outdoor seating.

Stu from NYC 10-03-2020 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8notes (Post 1842277)
I personally won't go to a restaurant unless servers are wearing masks properly, and I can sit outside, distanced away from other diners. You can call restaurants and see if they require servers to wear masks, and if they have outdoor seating.

We almost always do only outdoor seating and when going in we look around if we do not feel safe turn and leave

Rapscallion St Croix 10-03-2020 01:20 PM

Not safe enough for me or mine. You could give me a gift certificate for a free meal at a Michelin rated restaurant and I would stay home and eat Fritos.

Stu from NYC 10-03-2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix (Post 1842290)
Not safe enough for me or mine. You could give me a gift certificate for a free meal at a Michelin rated restaurant and I would stay home and eat Fritos.

Fritos?

retiredguy123 10-03-2020 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1842297)
Fritos?

Corn chips. Very tasty.

Rapscallion St Croix 10-03-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1842300)
Corn chips. Very tasty.

Great fire starters when camping, too.

Villageswimmer 10-03-2020 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1842255)

Wait. You mean the kind with a high back, roof overhead and plexiglass in front. Like a box, right?