Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Pinball in TV? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/pinball-tv-311691/)

Polar Bear 10-03-2020 02:30 PM

Pinball in TV?

Is pinball available anywhere in TV? Considering how popular it was for our generation, I’m surprised it’s not...or at least I’m not aware of any.

(And I know in the pandemic, things you have to touch to play are not a good idea. But my question stands just for fun, discussion, and future reference. :) )

JSR22 10-03-2020 03:06 PM

Pinball

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1842310)
Is pinball available anywhere in TV? Considering how popular it was for our generation, I’m surprised it’s not...or at least I’m not aware of any.

(And I know in the pandemic, things you have to touch to play are not a good idea. But my question stands just for fun, discussion, and future reference. :) )

The only machines I have seen are in people's homes.

Tom C 10-03-2020 03:13 PM

I asked about this a while back and I was surprised at how many people have one (or more) in their house / garage. It would be really awesome to have them all together at a place where we could all enjoy them! Maybe a pinball club???

Pinball wizard 10-03-2020 03:44 PM

I've got 6 in my house if you want to play. Got Quarters?????? ;)

In leesburg there is a bowling alley arcade in the old sears mall. They have about 5 of the newest Stern games.

p.s. I do repairs if anyone needs...especially on old EM games

Mleeja 10-03-2020 05:23 PM

IMHO the older the machine, the better!

manaboutown 10-03-2020 06:31 PM

I wonder if Warren Buffet has any pinball machines sitting around somewhere. How 17-Year-Old Warren Buffett Created A "Pinball Empire" From $25?

billlaur 10-04-2020 04:58 AM

pinball

a club sounds good, there should be a room somewhere in the villages dedicated for pinball machines.
the PINBALL WIZARD comes back to life.....Im in:pray:

Rwirish 10-04-2020 05:18 AM

I will ask the Wizard.

Two Bills 10-04-2020 05:45 AM

Probably a dumb question, but is there any actual skill involved with these machines?
I remember blokes playing them for hours, like they had some form of addiction.
I never really took to them, or even saw the point of them.

kendi 10-04-2020 05:48 AM

Quote:

“our generation“? Makes me chuckle when I see this on TOTV. I’m sure there is more than one generation using this site.

bowlingal 10-04-2020 06:41 AM

I think there is a room for pinball machines in the newest rec center...the one for first responders. I don't know the name of the rec center, but I remember reading about it in the Daily Sun. Not sure if it is open yet, and I don't think it is only for first responders. check in the district website

Arctic Fox 10-04-2020 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mleeja (Post 1842361)
IMHO the older the machine, the better!

Big Ben was my favorite - played it at uni in the 70's and missed several lectures because I couldn't bear leaving with replays on it

Bay Kid 10-04-2020 07:22 AM

I have an Elton John pinball machine, but it is in VA. Love the older machines.

OrangeBlossomBaby 10-04-2020 07:23 AM

I'd love to see a Galaga machine in one of the bowling alleys!

ctmurray 10-04-2020 07:28 AM

First Responders Rec Center

Quote:

As another poster commented, the new Rec Center going up in the north, which is called The First Responders Rec. Center, has a space set out for arcade games. I don't think they have settled on what this mean exactly, pinball or video arcades. Give your thoughts to John Rohan who heads up the Recreation Department. I too would like something like this, and I too am of "your generation" and played quite a bit in grad school.

Another poster suggested setting up a pinball club, and that is a good idea too. You could use the club to give support to John about the need for pinball in the new rec center.