Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Tisk tisk... NBA finals viewership (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/tisk-tisk-nba-finals-viewership-311726/)

Northwoods 10-04-2020 09:42 PM

Tisk tisk... NBA finals viewership

NBA viewership keeps sinking: Game 2 of NBA finals was reportedly the least-watched NBA finals game on record. Article link below.
People make choices. Pro sports (especially NBA) wants to focus on police brutality. I believe there needs to be a more balanced discussion of "black lives matter." I believe a discussion of the killing of blacks in the inner city is a more relevant discussion.
Maybe LeBron will be a little more attentive if ratings tank. Just like he's a little more concerned with his own and the league’s bottom line than fundamental human rights. LeBron has deep, lucrative ties to China because of his partnership with Nike, which does considerable business there.

NBA viewership keeps sinking: Game 2 of NBA finals the least-watched game on record

Topspinmo 10-04-2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northwoods (Post 1842949)
NBA viewership keeps sinking: Game 2 of NBA finals was reportedly the least-watched NBA finals game on record. Article link below.
People make choices. Pro sports (especially NBA) wants to focus on police brutality. I believe there needs to be a more balanced discussion of "black lives matter." I believe a discussion of the killing of blacks in the inner city is a more relevant discussion.
Maybe LeBron will be a little more attentive if ratings tank. Just like he's a little more concerned with his own and the league’s bottom line than fundamental human rights. LeBron has deep, lucrative ties to China because of his partnership with Nike, which does considerable business there.

NBA viewership keeps sinking: Game 2 of NBA finals the least-watched game on record

The NBA playing?????:)

Two Bills 10-05-2020 03:55 AM

:shrug:

Stu from NYC 10-05-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1842953)
The NBA playing?????:)

Beat me to it.

DeanFL 10-05-2020 07:47 AM

couldn't even guess which teams are playing.

well one guess - the Harlem Globetrotters???

charlieo1126@gmail.com 10-05-2020 09:08 AM

You don’t want to watch basketball, don’t watch , you don’t want to watch football don’t watch ,this look at me I’m boycotting sports attitude is comical even more laughable is one or two guy after. Seeing my patriots hat in Publix feel the need to tell me there not watching football I usually say with a straight face excuse me are you talking to me and move on

manaboutown 10-05-2020 09:11 AM

I don't know or care what teams are playing or the outcome of it all. The NBA and NFL no longer exist for me.

Polar Bear 10-05-2020 09:22 AM

I still get some enjoyment out of watching sports on TV, but it’s greatly reduced by the artificial “fan noise”. I could see having a little, but the volume is WAAAAYYYY to high. I hate it! You can barely hear the announcers.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 10-05-2020 09:45 AM

I haven't been a fan of the NBA in a long time. But I think that a lot of people are not only turned off by all of professional sports using their games to promote political ideas, I think that a lot of people, myself included are not going to consider whoever wins these championships as legitimate.

Many players, including some of the best in all of the sports have opted out of playing. Some games are not being played and with the exception of the NFL, every season has been shortened.

I realize that sports are a business but there has always been a degree of legitimacy to the playoffs and the champions. This just seems to be a money grab.

I have lost interest in pretty much all sports. If they return to a full schedule with all of the players next year, I'll probably be interested again.

Rapscallion St Croix 10-05-2020 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1843123)
I still get some enjoyment out of watching sports on TV, but it’s greatly reduced by the artificial “fan noise”. I could see having a little, but the volume is WAAAAYYYY to high. I hate it! You can barely hear the announcers.

It was nice to see a cardboard cutout of Nature Boy Ric Flair in the stands at the Florida vs South Carolina game.

Dana1963 10-05-2020 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Polar Bear (Post 1843123)

We have been listening to canned laughter on TV for years during Sitcoms.

Stu from NYC 10-05-2020 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana1963 (Post 1843138)

And wish they would do away with it and allow us to laugh on our own.

Taltarzac725 10-05-2020 10:23 AM

The Miami Heat won last night over the LA Lakers who have three wins in the NBA Finals.

Watched a little bit of it. The NBA leadership have done a great job at keeping the players safe from the Corona Virus.

davem4616 10-05-2020 11:10 AM

I've enjoyed watching Brady playing for Tampa, but that's the extent of it for me. I too find the 'canned' crowd noise silly and annoying...like we needed to know when to cheer, hoot and holla??? The cardboard cutouts of fans in the stands is truly laughable.

The good news for me is that I really don't care who wins anymore...I will no longer stay up to watch the 8 0'clock games and even if Brady is playing a 4 o'clock game when dinner is ready I'll turn off the game, and chow down

Polar Bear 10-05-2020 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana1963 (Post 1843138)

Speak for yourself. :)