Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Angela from the Warranty Department (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/angela-warranty-department-311779/)

davem4616 10-06-2020 01:49 PM

Angela from the Warranty Department

I'm so accustomed to getting daily calls from "Angela", letting me know that this is her final attempt to contact me about an extended warranty on my auto, that I'm almost beginning to think I may miss her when she stops calling.

LOL

Stu from NYC 10-06-2020 02:25 PM

Invite her to dinner. Or ask her if she does housework and you want to hire her.

We keep getting the calls but dont remember the so called name they use.

More and more they call from a very noisy room and cannot even understand what they saying.

retiredguy123 10-06-2020 02:38 PM

The funny thing is that they are not very smart. They will sell you several warranties on the same car. I can't wait for my transmission to break, so I can get five new transmissions.

Stu from NYC 10-06-2020 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1843797)
The funny thing is that they are not very smart. They will sell you several warranties on the same car. I can't wait for my transmission to break, so I can get five new transmissions.

Let me know how that goes:icon_wink:

Stu from NYC 10-06-2020 02:44 PM

The one I would miss is the social security one where they will stop my payments due to fraud..

Somehow when they tell me their badge number and than I tell them that I also work for SS and didnt realize they had released badge numbers in that series they dont want to talk to me anymore.

Wonder why

alwann 10-06-2020 03:41 PM

Angela

I imagine she's married to Robert who keeps offering to buy my time share, which I sold 20 years ago. There's an old saying in the direct marketing business: your results are only as good as your mailing (calling) list.

mtdjed 10-06-2020 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1843797)

I doubt that you would get one transmission.

Number 10 GI 10-06-2020 05:54 PM

I find it dismaying that enough people buy from telemarketers to make it profitable for them to spend money on it. I have never and never will buy from a telemarketer. If people would stop buying from them they would go out of business and never bother us again.

Stu from NYC 10-06-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 GI (Post 1843863)
I find it dismaying that enough people buy from telemarketers to make it profitable for them to spend money on it. I have never and never will buy from a telemarketer. If people would stop buying from them they would go out of business and never bother us again.

And if only they had to pay for all the calls they make would also reduce that number drastically.

Number 10 GI 10-06-2020 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1843872)
And if only they had to pay for all the calls they make would also reduce that number drastically.

I agree and the BS from the telephone industry claiming they can't identify where all these calls are coming from requires an IQ of -10 to believe it.

Stu from NYC 10-06-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 GI (Post 1843878)
I agree and the BS from the telephone industry claiming they can't identify where all these calls are coming from requires an IQ of -10 to believe it.

You got that right

Nucky 10-06-2020 07:31 PM

This is how you handle it. Angela is a P.I.A.
How to respond to a telemarketer - The Seinfeld way - YouTube

Stu from NYC 10-06-2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1843900)
This is how you handle it. Angela is a P.I.A.
How to respond to a telemarketer - The Seinfeld way - YouTube

That was a classic line brilliant writing was done on Seinfeld

LizzieBorden 10-07-2020 04:52 AM

With a Verizon feature that comes with my service, most of mine now come through as “Potential Spam”. Yesterday I received a text from Verizon that says they will now route those calls to Voicemail for extra protection, this will come with the iOS14 update called “Silence Junk Callers”. This will auto-block potential spam calls and send them to your “recent calls & Voicemail”. Since Verizon started the potential spam feature, it has been much better, and I can only imagine that this will enhance what we already have. Anyone else using this feature?

Girlcopper 10-07-2020 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number 10 GI (Post 1843863)

Dream on. Telemarketers are forever whether they get a sale or not