Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   When will The Villages of District 12 get connectivity? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/when-will-villages-district-12-get-connectivity-311957/)

AzAuSenior 10-12-2020 04:01 PM

When will The Villages of District 12 get connectivity?

When will The Villages of District 12 get connectivity? District 12 Villages are older than District 13, yet the Chitty Chatty bridge for District 13 connectivity is up and running. The Brownwood bridge was started first but is yet to complete. The Water Lilly bridge is in place with no connection on either end; and the Brownwood and Water Lilly bridges have no paths between them. What is going on? Our sales rep when we purchased said (not promised) The Village of McClure would be up and running many months ago.

Mortal1 10-12-2020 06:20 PM

you might want to contact those who provide "connectivity". by connectivity do you mean internet/cable tv?

Dana1963 10-13-2020 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AzAuSenior (Post 1846480)
When will The Villages of District 12 get connectivity? District 12 Villages are older than District 13, yet the Chitty Chatty bridge for District 13 connectivity is up and running. The Brownwood bridge was started first but is yet to complete. The Water Lilly bridge is in place with no connection on either end; and the Brownwood and Water Lilly bridges have no paths between them. What is going on? Our sales rep when we purchased said (not promised) The Village of McClure would be up and running many months ago.

Maybe you should ask your Realtor.

LuvtheVillages 10-13-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 1846516)
you might want to contact those who provide "connectivity". by connectivity do you mean internet/cable tv?

No.
He is talking about golf cart bridges.

LuvtheVillages 10-13-2020 11:15 AM

Quote:

I believe I read that these 2 bridges will be in service in early 2021. I do not believe that.

vintageogauge 10-13-2020 11:55 AM

I've been living down here for 3-1/2 years now and am not in a hurry to see the bridges open. If I want to go north of 44 my choice is to drive an air conditioned car. To get from Fenney West to the turnpike bridge and then up to the next bridge and over to brownwood will take a half hour at least depending on how crowded the trails will be. I would much rather see the opening of Magnolia and more restaurants and shopping south of 44. We are finally getting a convenience store/gas station down here, I hope it's a WaWa.

Dgizzi 10-13-2020 02:37 PM

Quote:

I agree with you! When we were looking for a home in January our villages realtor told us about chitty chatty and that is was years away from being built. This was Jan 2020. After we bought over in monarch grove in February they started building homes. I don’t think The Villages wanted people buying there before selling these homes. I would have loved to been over there. Closer to things. Yes, it is not fair they have their bridge and we don’t.