Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Who likes the new Villages Trash Pickup method? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/who-likes-new-villages-trash-pickup-method-312005/)

DeanFL 10-13-2020 02:30 PM

Who likes the new Villages Trash Pickup method?

1 Attachment(s)
I do, and this is why>

Stu from NYC 10-13-2020 02:51 PM

very good

Aloha1 10-13-2020 03:57 PM

Roflmao!!

New Englander 10-13-2020 04:21 PM

I like it because I feel burning it and generating electricity is better than going into a landfill.

Klemetsenrr 10-13-2020 04:57 PM

Best for the environment - and convenient

1) the pictures of the bodies is hilarious! Touché

2) I worked on a special project for my last employer (a company with a strong focus on the environment). As part of the project we spent three years studying the best recycling programs in the US and Canada - with a focus on the globe for innovation also. In the end, to our great surprise, we found out that the very best recycling program in terms of net negative impact on the environment was to put all trash and recycling products into a contained burner - which I believe is what we have down in the Fenney area. So I was excited to see that!

3) This method is so much easier, no endless sorting and no more arguing with my spouse about what can or can't be recycled - lol.

Love this system, easier for us and better for the environment :)

BostonRich 10-13-2020 06:00 PM

Big plus for me. Just throw everything in together and put it outside. No more sorting, no more cutting every plastic soda bottle carrier, no more questions of "is this recyclable"? What about this pizza box? Too greasy? Glass? Is this plastic thing good or bad?

Yup love it.

OrangeBlossomBaby 10-13-2020 06:41 PM

Over in the historic side, nothing has changed. We still have recycling once a week, trash pickup that day plus a second day each week. That means the garbage guy comes past our house three times every week, because he does a separate pass just for the recycling (even though it's on the same day as one of the trash pickups).

I'd be for consolidating all the trash, and incinerating it in a power plant. It wasn't an ecologically sound choice until technology caught up with waste management but now it is a good option.

EdFNJ 10-13-2020 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 1847006)
Over in the historic side, nothing has changed. We still have recycling once a week, trash pickup that day plus a second day each week. That means the garbage guy comes past our house three times every week, because he does a separate pass just for the recycling (even though it's on the same day as one of the trash pickups).

Did you forget the "lawn waste" pickup once a week ... that's 1 more trip. Or don't they have that up there?

OrangeBlossomBaby 10-13-2020 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdFNJ (Post 1847037)
Did you forget the "lawn waste" pickup once a week ... that's 1 more trip. Or don't they have that up there?

That's taken along with the trash.

valuemkt 10-13-2020 10:18 PM

Excellent ! The service below 44 is far superior to above.. They are great

kaydee 10-13-2020 10:39 PM

I’m happy with the process.
From another site, it was posted by a worker hoping people will be thoughtful & not overload the yard waste. When a household has an abundance of yard waste to place it over the 2 day pick up. Maybe we could also help these hard working guys by bundling with twine when possible or bagging.

davem4616 10-14-2020 01:51 AM

it's easier...I'm all for easier

Mrprez 10-14-2020 04:46 AM

Less trucks in the neighborhoods is a good thing. Our villa is a madhouse with the lawn guys, the bug guys, the trash pickup, the crown molding guys, the flooring guys, the landscapers, etc, etc.

vinricci 10-14-2020 05:41 AM

So if it generating electricity why didn’t our pickup rates go down?

LoisR 10-14-2020 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanFL (Post 1846934)
I do, and this is why>

Can I make an appointment for my Uncle Louie? About three weeks from today?