Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Restaurant Review (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/restaurant-review-312136/)

bassfish 10-17-2020 12:32 PM

Restaurant Review

Overall I think the restaurants in The Villages are absolutely terrible. Can't even say I have a favorite. Bonefish is the closest to Good. Just tried the Mission BBQ and it was terrible. So even the new restaurants are bad. Guess that's why we usually go outside the bubble for dinner.

dewilson58 10-17-2020 12:37 PM

Thanks, more open seating.

:a040:

Bogie Shooter 10-17-2020 01:45 PM

Lines will be shorter by a couple......

Rapscallion St Croix 10-17-2020 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassfish (Post 1848680)
Overall I think the restaurants in The Villages are absolutely terrible. Can't even say I have a favorite. Bonefish is the closest to Good. Just tried the Mission BBQ and it was terrible. So even the new restaurants are bad. Guess that's why we usually go outside the bubble for dinner.

We must have different definitions of "Restaurant Review"

Polar Bear 10-17-2020 02:01 PM

Sure am glad my tastes are different than yours. :)

billlaur 10-17-2020 02:13 PM

You are a FUNNY GUY

Stu from NYC 10-17-2020 02:15 PM

Two couples we know went to Bonefish last week.

Two of them left with food poisoning,

charlieo1126@gmail.com 10-17-2020 02:24 PM

Did they go to hospital , did they contact

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1848716)

Restaurant, I’m a regular at bone fish as are many people I know , have not ever heard of this problem I all the years I’ve been going

tophcfa 10-17-2020 02:27 PM

We have not been out to dinner (except for take-out) since February. However, before covid our regulars were Sakura, VKI, Bonefish, Blue Fin, Chop House, and Ay Jalisco. They are all pretty good.

Mleeja 10-17-2020 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bassfish (Post 1848680)

What is your definition of a “good” restaurant? Also, Mission BBQ is “outside the bubble”. So how far out are you going?

Stu from NYC 10-17-2020 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 1848725)
Restaurant, I’m a regular at bone fish as are many people I know , have not ever heard of this problem I all the years I’ve been going

If one person got ill would not even have mentioned it but when 2 that is a cause of concern.

valuemkt 10-17-2020 03:57 PM

food poisoning

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1848716)

Must be the other two were secretly dating and wanted to get on with it

asianthree 10-17-2020 04:17 PM

Have been eating out 2-3 times a week the whole year, either takeout, or when dine in was available. Bonefish has never been a favorite, not sure OP if you are looking for restaurants in the Bonefish category, there is a plethora of chain restaurants in TV. Since you didn’t give reasons for why food was not to your liking, it’s hard to give you recommendations

Stu from NYC 10-17-2020 06:08 PM

We think we have found a good number of restaurants to our liking in the eight months we have been here.

Do not understand people saying TV is full of substandard eateries

asianthree 10-17-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1848794)
We think we have found a good number of restaurants to our liking in the eight months we have been here.

Do not understand people saying TV is full of substandard eateries

Not substandard, average. Nothing to get excited about, or say that’s the best meal I have ever had. Many come from areas that have restaurants with great chefs. Doesn’t mean it’s super expensive, just well prepared food, not a chain restaurant