Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lofts Surprise (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lofts-surprise-312142/)

alwann 10-17-2020 05:14 PM

Lofts Surprise

Drove into the Lofts at Brownwood via the entrance across from Shooters, thinking I could cut through to get to the square. Surprised to find the gates didn't have card readers, only keypads. Nice security for the Loft people, but what about the amenities being open to all?

John41 10-17-2020 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1848779)
Drove into the Lofts at Brownwood via the entrance across from Shooters, thinking I could cut through to get to the square. Surprised to find the gates didn't have card readers, only keypads. Nice security for the Loft people, but what about the amenities being open to all?

good question. it might be a marketing ploy to show prospective tenants what great security they are paying for. I hope the FD and PD have the code.

asianthree 10-17-2020 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John41 (Post 1848789)
good question. it might be a marketing ploy to show prospective tenants what great security they are paying for. I hope the FD and PD have the code.

No they are withholding the Code for FD &PD, until lofts are @ 100% occupied (sarcasm sign)

John41 10-17-2020 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 1848792)
No they are withholding the Code for FD &PD, until lofts are @ 100% occupied (sarcasm sign)

You missed the sarcasm in my remark completely.
hint: what did the three little pigs finally build their house of?

Stu from NYC 10-17-2020 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John41 (Post 1848798)
You missed the sarcasm in my remark completely.
hint: what did the three little pigs finally build their house of?

Actually it was only the third pig that built a strong house that the wolf could not blow down.

Topspinmo 10-17-2020 06:52 PM

They may not be as appealing to pre-assisted living occupant’s as first realized with mobility problems? Long way from exit to door’s ( unless you was luckily enough to get close) and parking garage. Yes, amenities open to all card paying villages except no parking for outside residents.

vintageogauge 10-17-2020 07:36 PM

They probably don't want people cutting through to get to the square and it worked.

transplanted 10-18-2020 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1848813)
They probably don't want people cutting through to get to the square and it worked.

Based on what I'm reading here (haven't tried it myself), sounds like they also kept non-loft residents from using the amenities that are 'open to all.'

tghoul 10-18-2020 05:31 AM

Lofts

Quote:

You can get to the Recreation Center and pool from 44A without going thru a gate. The amenities are open to all but vehicles were cutting across the parking lots before the gates were activated.

swooner 10-18-2020 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tghoul (Post 1848860)
You can get to the Recreation Center and pool from 44A without going thru a gate. The amenities are open to all but vehicles were cutting across the parking lots before the gates were activated.

Finally, someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Go for a tour at the Rec Center. The apartments are small and very expensive. From the outside they resemble a low cost apartment project.

Carol Copeland 10-18-2020 06:21 AM

I couldn’t agree more.. the whole area appears to be a Low income housing project!

Gmaf6 10-18-2020 06:23 AM

The amenities are open to all. Granted that the parking is limited but it doesn’t hurt one to walk a few extra feet to get to the building. Yes, the gates are coded for security and to ensure residents have parking by their apartments which they may be paying for. There are many ways to get to the Square so I just don’t get why you’d have to cut through the apartment area.

BumpaOompa 10-18-2020 06:59 AM

Gates are only set up for the apartment parking. The pool and common building parking is open to everyone. Makes perfect sense to me and would only frustrate the type of person who cuts through corner gas stations to save two seconds on their journey.

Syd2008 10-18-2020 07:14 AM

You park in lots between the lofts and businesses and then walk in. There is a marked path. Good idea for keypad. Limited parking unlike our driveways and streets that allow parking.

dewilson58 10-18-2020 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BumpaOompa (Post 1848896)
Gates are only set up for the apartment parking. The pool and common building parking is open to everyone. Makes perfect sense to me and would only frustrate the type of person who cuts through corner gas stations to save two seconds on their journey.

Agree. I wore the Texaco Star. :icon_wink:

THUNDERCHIEF 10-18-2020 07:45 AM

Traffic

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 1848813)

I am glad it was blocked. Why do you want to add traffic to the lofts?

kendi 10-18-2020 08:08 AM

Quote:

What about parking for residents only? They deserve that. How is that a problem? You can easily access the amenities from the public parking. Not sure why you would expect to be able to use it for a short cut.

alwann 10-18-2020 08:21 AM

Lofts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tghoul (Post 1848860)

Well, I was looking for an entrance from 44a and must of passed it or that entrance is now limited to Lofts traffic. Had to make a 3-point turn and swing over to Powell to get into Brownwood. Thank you, pre-judgers, for assuming I was invading the territory.

dewilson58 10-18-2020 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwann (Post 1848969)
Well, I was looking for an entrance from 44a and must of passed it or that entrance is now limited to Lofts traffic. Had to make a 3-point turn and swing over to Powell to get into Brownwood. Thank you, pre-judgers, for assuming I was invading the territory.

3-Point U-turns......................I remember that test from Drivers-Ed. :coolsmiley:

charlieo1126@gmail.com 10-18-2020 08:46 AM

I get it some people don’t ike the apartments, but why all the negative comments , the ideas of some I’ve heard in here like driving from some far away village just to sit at a pool thinking your taking a space from someone who live there Is jr high school, I have friends there who love it , so you don’t that’s okay also , but you should ask yourself why you are so angry about something that others are enjoying

RMarkland 10-18-2020 08:54 AM

spoiler alert... the code is usually *999

justjim 10-18-2020 08:58 AM

Low income housing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol Copeland (Post 1848875)
I couldn’t agree more.. the whole area appears to be a Low income housing project!

I can guarantee you that they were not built with low income residents in mind. :popcorn:

Indydealmaker 10-18-2020 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transplanted (Post 1848859)
Based on what I'm reading here (haven't tried it myself), sounds like they also kept non-loft residents from using the amenities that are 'open to all.'

Take what you read here with a grain of salt.

sk450 10-18-2020 09:16 AM

If you don't live there you don't know the key pad code. Why do you need to cut threw there in a hurry

graciegirl 10-18-2020 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swooner (Post 1848862)
Finally, someone who actually knows what they are talking about. Go for a tour at the Rec Center. The apartments are small and very expensive. From the outside they resemble a low cost apartment project.

No they don't.

youtube. the lofts at Brownwood, goldwingnut - Bing video

John41 10-18-2020 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1848800)
Actually it was only the third pig that built a strong house that the wolf could not blow down.

those were great stories with a moral. so much better than teletubbies kids watch on tv today

one of my favorites stories was the ant and the grasshopper which influenced me to be a saver which has paid off since we retired

John41 10-18-2020 09:47 AM

Quote:

the locked gates are to keep the inmates living there from the villagers. heard there is howling at night behind those walls

John41 10-18-2020 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1848801)
They may not be as appealing to pre-assisted living occupant’s as first realized with mobility problems? Long way from exit to door’s ( unless you was luckily enough to get close) and parking garage. Yes, amenities open to all card paying villages except no parking for outside residents.

heard rentals are way below expectations. can’t compete with surrounding apartments

Saluce 10-18-2020 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com (Post 1848989)
I get it some people don’t ike the apartments, but why all the negative comments , the ideas of some I’ve heard in here like driving from some far away village just to sit at a pool thinking your taking a space from someone who live there Is jr high school, I have friends there who love it , so you don’t that’s okay also , but you should ask yourself why you are so angry about something that others are enjoying

THIS! Boom!!!

twoplanekid 10-18-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmaf6 (Post 1848876)
The amenities are open to all. Granted that the parking is limited but it doesn’t hurt one to walk a few extra feet to get to the building. Yes, the gates are coded for security and to ensure residents have parking by their apartments which they may be paying for. There are many ways to get to the Square so I just don’t get why you’d have to cut through the apartment area.

I have asked a man running for a District 9 seat about who will pay for the maintenance of the parking lots at the Lofts. He has yet to find a person who knows. If the Developer pays OK. But if District 9 pays then I would think that this is a new policy that is not fair to the other residents of District 9.

dewilson58 10-18-2020 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John41 (Post 1849050)
heard rentals are way below expectations. can’t compete with surrounding apartments

and that rumor supports why they are building more apartments.

PugMom 10-18-2020 11:21 AM

it's only snarky when someone here tries to influence division over a simple 'new' idea, as if it were happening to him/her personally. some of these posts are purposely used to divide residents, the same way things are happening on a national scale. deride, insult & delude others is the plan, but in the end, aren't we all neighbors? i think this upsets them the most

noslices1 10-18-2020 11:52 AM

Section 8

The Lofts are small, but expensive. I wonder if there will be any Section 8 housing there. Asking for a friend.

nevjudbaker 10-18-2020 12:21 PM

I am a resident of the Lofts. Yes we pay for our parking & each spot is assigned to a resident. The recreation center & pool are open to all village's residents like all of the other amenities. You can park in areas when you first drive in that are not enclosed or use parking on the other side which is easy walking distance. This is a 55+ apartment complex. Before the poles were put in place it was like grand central station with people in cars & golf carts driving through the parking area which is assigned to residents only. It wasn't meant to be a short cut to the Square. I resent calling them low rent looking apartments. Yes they are expensive but we love living here. The apartment layouts are great. Residents are friendly. Landscaping will always be beautiful since the Villages manages the complex. Apartments are quiet. Quality windows to keep outside noises out. Each resident pays the same amenities that any of you pay separate from our rent. Our apartment complex will always look nice unlike part time owners renting their home or Villa out. When someone dies we don't have to worry who is going to keep up their apartment like homes that get neglected when the benefactor doesn't keep it up. We don't have to worry about neighbors cluttering up their yards with miscellaneous statues & objects that are eyesores to others. We are paying high rent but it is worth it to us because we no longer want the home & yard upkeep. I could drive by your homes & make snide comments. These apartments are in a perfect location for older people who do not need an independent or assisted living where the rent is much higher. All I have heard is bitching about our Apartments which are not affecting you in any way. Our pool is small but we have to share it with all of you who come bring your food cook out or just eat by the pool leaving your crumbs or droppings which bring ants & bugs. It is not us who will run down the area it is you who don't give a hoot what you do because you don't live here. The Apartments are here which I am grateful so you might as well accept it & shutup about it. Find something useful to do with your life than constantly complaining. Look around you and be grateful. The Villages is a unique area enjoy it & appreciate it. No
one can please everyone. Here they have something for everyone so like it ir ignore it but guit your constant complaining.

twoplanekid 10-18-2020 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nevjudbaker (Post 1849150)
I am a resident of the Lofts. Yes we pay for our parking & each spot is assigned to a resident. The recreation center & pool are open to all village's residents like all of the other amenities. You can park in areas when you first drive in that are not enclosed or use parking on the other side which is easy walking distance. This is a 55+ apartment complex. Before the poles were put in place it was like grand central station with people in cars & golf carts driving through the parking area which is assigned to residents only. It wasn't meant to be a short cut to the Square. I resent calling them low rent looking apartments. Yes they are expensive but we love living here. The apartment layouts are great. Residents are friendly. Landscaping will always be beautiful since the Villages manages the complex. Apartments are quiet. Quality windows to keep outside noises out. Each resident pays the same amenities that any of you pay separate from our rent. Our apartment complex will always look nice unlike part time owners renting their home or Villa out. When someone dies we don't have to worry who is going to keep up their apartment like homes that get neglected when the benefactor doesn't keep it up. We don't have to worry about neighbors cluttering up their yards with miscellaneous statues & objects that are eyesores to others. We are paying high rent but it is worth it to us because we no longer want the home & yard upkeep. I could drive by your homes & make snide comments. These apartments are in a perfect location for older people who do not need an independent or assisted living where the rent is much higher. All I have heard is bitching about our Apartments which are not affecting you in any way. Our pool is small but we have to share it with all of you who come bring your food cook out or just eat by the pool leaving your crumbs or droppings which bring ants & bugs. It is not us who will run down the area it is you who don't give a hoot what you do because you don't live here. The Apartments are here which I am grateful so you might as well accept it & shutup about it. Find something useful to do with your life than constantly complaining. Look around you and be grateful. The Villages is a unique area enjoy it & appreciate it. No
one can please everyone. Here they have something for everyone so like it ir ignore it but guit your constant complaining.

Again, the question I have is who pays the long term maintenance of these private parking areas. As it’s an advantage to the developer to continue to lease Lofts with private parking, the cost to maintain these parking areas should not be paid by District 9 in my opinion. I can’t understand why the secrecy about this issue taking place at previous District 9 board meetings.

wamley 10-18-2020 02:05 PM

The one that survived all the huffing and puffing?

Northwoods 10-18-2020 08:32 PM

Quote:

:bigbow: Good for you! So glad you love where you are living!!!

dewilson58 10-19-2020 04:48 AM

Quote:

I am a resident of the Lofts.

Thanks for your post.

Glad you are loving the LifeStyle.

Miriam2940 10-19-2020 05:47 AM

Their amenities are only for people living there, not for the rest of us.

JSR22 10-19-2020 06:09 AM

Amenities

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miriam2940 (Post 1849405)
Their amenities are only for people living there, not for the rest of us.

The amenities are for everyone living in TV.