Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Who is responsible for maintaining landscaping along MMP’s thru golf courses (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/who-responsible-maintaining-landscaping-along-mmps-thru-golf-courses-312155/)

sswitenki 10-18-2020 09:40 AM

Who is responsible for maintaining landscaping along MMP’s thru golf courses

Just curious. My husband and I walk and drive the multimodal paths daily. There is a section that is overgrown with weeds and looks awful. It really surprises us because it just seems to be one area. It is a section through a golf course. There is a wall that separates the golf course and houses. The landscaping against that wall is unkempt. Not a section near one home but several. Do the homeowners have responsibility to maintain or golf course owner or the Villages? We are fairly new owners here. Such a shame to see when you can drive nearly everywhere else and see such beautiful flowers, shrubs and trees that are well maintained.

Bogie Shooter 10-18-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswitenki (Post 1849043)
Just curious. My husband and I walk and drive the multimodal paths daily. There is a section that is overgrown with weeds and looks awful. It really surprises us because it just seems to be one area. It is a section through a golf course. There is a wall that separates the golf course and houses. The landscaping against that wall is unkempt. Not a section near one home but several. Do the homeowners have responsibility to maintain or golf course owner or the Villages? We are fairly new owners here. Such a shame to see when you can drive nearly everywhere else and see such beautiful flowers, shrubs and trees that are well maintained.

These folks will appreciate hearing of your concerns, they cannot be everywhere. Also lot of good information here Village Community Development Districts.

VCDD District Property Management

The District Property Management Department is responsible for upholding the aesthetic, physical and environmental assets of the District by maintaining the District’s physical assets and infrastructure.

Main Office
1071 Canal Street
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-753-4022

sswitenki 10-18-2020 10:19 AM

Thanks for the resource. I think I will call to see what they say. I am NOT a TROLL.😅. But- everyday I drive and walk past it and think how embarassing it is to see so near my home. I wouldn’t want to show an oursider this area. It just feels like it is run down section. I am not afraid to use my name. 😉. I don’t even know what CCD this area is in - maybe the person I call will be able to help get it spruced up to Villages standards

Bogie Shooter 10-18-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswitenki (Post 1849062)
Thanks for the resource. I think I will call to see what they say. I am NOT a TROLL.������. But- everyday I drive and walk past it and think how embarassing it is to see so near my home. I wouldn’t want to show an oursider this area. It just feels like it is run down section. I am not afraid to use my name. ������. I don’t even know what CCD this area is in - maybe the person I call will be able to help get it spruced up to Villages standards

I would not jump to conclusions.
Further this is not a deed restriction issue.
Like I said before property mgmt cannot be everywhere and they appreciate feedback.
Let us know what you find out.

stan the man 10-19-2020 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1849262)
I would not jump to conclusions.
Further this is not a deed restriction issue.
Like I said before property mgmt cannot be everywhere and they appreciate feedback.
Let us know what you find out.

Dont forget to give you name and phone #

sswitenki 10-19-2020 08:50 AM

Phone Call Response

I called and they informed me that the area I am concerned about is not under the Villages control. Any complaint or concern must go to the Hacienda Hills Golf Course! They maintain their own landscaping. That is sad!! As a Country Club the Villages has no say.

sswitenki 10-19-2020 09:05 AM

Couple pictures

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 86637

Attachment 86638

I tried to attach a couple small examples but not sure if these will go through. The worst section is near a sign that says 6 Par 4 Hacienda Hills. There is a T in the path where one goes to Chula Vista Postal Station and other winds around eventually to where the Club was torn down. I am not a golfer and didn’t know it was Hacienda until I went up to sign and read it

Bogie Shooter 10-19-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sswitenki (Post 1849585)
I called and they informed me that the area I am concerned about is not under the Villages control. Any complaint or concern must go to the Hacienda Hills Golf Course! They maintain their own landscaping. That is sad!! As a Country Club the Villages has no say.

Here you go.....
Country Club Administration 352-753-3396 1030 Lake Sumter Landing 32162