Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Request to initiate poop detector testing to The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/request-initiate-poop-detector-testing-villages-312288/)

FG111 10-21-2020 10:25 PM

Request to initiate poop detector testing to The Villages

To the inconsiderate dog owners here in The Villages who allow their pets to freely defecate in public and fail to clean-up after their dog, your time has come to an end.

I am sick and tired of stepping out each morning to retrieve my newspaper and that unmistakable squishing sensation underfoot triggers instant resentment. The mess, the stench, the indignity. Some dog owners here are pigs.

I wish the day comes soon when The Villages enacts a rule that requires residents to submit DNA samples of their dogs in order to build a DNA library and this information will be used to track-down unproperly discarded dog waste and fine the dog owners. Dog poop DNA testing is entirely legal in the US and attaching a financial incentive not to improperly discard fecal matter has worked in Europe for years.

Kenswing 10-21-2020 10:41 PM

Determined to hit all the hot topic buttons are you?

Northwoods 10-21-2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FG111 (Post 1850712)
To the inconsiderate dog owners here in The Villages who allow their pets to freely defecate in public and fail to clean-up after their dog, your time has come to an end.

I am sick and tired of stepping out each morning to retrieve my newspaper and that unmistakable squishing sensation underfoot triggers instant resentment. The mess, the stench, the indignity. Some dog owners here are pigs.

I wish the day comes soon when The Villages enacts a rule that requires residents to submit DNA samples of their dogs in order to build a DNA library and this information will be used to track-down unproperly discarded dog waste and fine the dog owners. Dog poop DNA testing is entirely legal in the US and attaching a financial incentive not to improperly discard fecal matter has worked in Europe for years.

First. :popcorn: Second... Do you honestly think your post will change anything?

Nucky 10-22-2020 03:43 AM

Our Newspaper is delivered on the driveway. Never a problem. Never missed and threw one on the lawn either.

golfing eagles 10-22-2020 04:58 AM

Very nostalgic. It's been months since I've seen a good dog poop thread. What's next?--roundabouts, seat saving , or garden gnomes?:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

dewilson58 10-22-2020 05:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northwoods (Post 1850718)
First. :popcorn: Second... Do you honestly think your post will change anything?

Look at all of FG3's posts................the poster has issues with everything in TV.

Not sure if it's an old poster with a new sign-on, or just a jealous outsider looking in.....a/k/a post stirrer.

:faint:

Boomer 10-22-2020 06:23 PM

Quote:

Dear OP,

Because of your deep interest in this topic, I would like to recommend a book I think you might enjoy reading. Perhaps, when you finish it, you will enlighten us by writing a review here on TOTV. I think you can buy this book from Amazon or maybe a library will have it.

Speaking of libraries — about that one you suggest be established — to run said library, what degree would be required? MLS? MLIS? Or maybe a PhD? That’s it! A PhD because everybody knows PhD stands for “Piled Higher and Deeper.”

I have not read the book I am recommending, but I have been hearing about it for many years. The book is titled The Origin of the Feces. The author is Charles Darwin.

You’re welcome,
Marian Boomer

Bjeanj 10-22-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 1851162)
Dear OP,

Because of your deep interest in this topic, I would like to recommend a book I think you might enjoy reading. Perhaps, when you finish it, you will enlighten us by writing a review here on TOTV. I think you can buy this book from Amazon or maybe a library will have it.

Speaking of libraries — about that one you suggest be established — to run said library, what degree would be required? MLS? MLIS? Or maybe a PhD? That’s it! A PhD because everybody knows PhD stands for “Piled Higher and Deeper.”

I have not read the book I am recommending, but I have been hearing about it for many years. The book is titled The Origin of the Feces. The author is Charles Darwin.

You’re welcome,
Marian Boomer

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

perrjojo 10-22-2020 07:02 PM

If info on OP is correct he/she is 32 years old. He/she is a troll.

Marathon Man 10-22-2020 07:06 PM

Dog poop problem? Guess maybe the least desireable area question has been answered.

Joe V. 10-22-2020 08:06 PM

Quote:

You must really have bad hemorrhoids or something. I am sorry.

Coal Miner 10-23-2020 04:56 AM

Dogs should be banned in the Villages. A lot of problems solved.

golfing eagles 10-23-2020 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coal Miner (Post 1851212)
Dogs should be banned in the Villages. A lot of problems solved.

That's right---stir the pot a bit more:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl:

MandoMan 10-23-2020 05:17 AM

Quote:

Perhaps you could buy one of those special trash cans for dirty baby diapers and keep it at the front edge of your driveway, along with a toilet paper stand loaded with a roll of Doggie Defecation Bags. I’m serious!

Scott O 10-23-2020 05:21 AM

I can think of a lot of miserable people who should be first, then there won’t be any issues...