Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Dr, Fauci states that a nationwide mask mandate may be needed (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/dr-fauci-states-nationwide-mask-mandate-may-needed-312543/)

coffeebean 10-28-2020 02:58 PM

Dr. Fauci states that a nationwide mask mandate may be needed

Up front, would like to say if any of you do want want to read another mask thread, please feel free not to read any further...............

Not enough Americans are heading the advice of the experts to wear a mask when in public. Dr. Fauci weighs in on this divisive virus mitigation........

Fauci Says Nationwide Face Mask Rule May Be Needed

dewilson58 10-28-2020 03:01 PM

The cow is out of the barn.

saratogaman 10-28-2020 03:04 PM

Wearing a mask is such a simple, cheap way to reduce the spread of new infections. We may be carrying the virus without knowing it. As for "freedom," do any of us have the "right" to infect others?

Art cov 10-28-2020 03:21 PM

We have seen the left n the right without their mask. They tell the public what to do but they usually don’t themselves. Restaurants, hair salons, parties, sporting events. We can do as they do and not as they tell us to do. I’m surprised they have sporting events! Sooner or later the looney tunes will try to stop everything.

Boomer 10-28-2020 05:13 PM

Damnitdamnitdamnitdamnitdamnit

I kept saying if the pseudo-patriotic anti-maskers did not get a grip on reality and at least try to use all we've got, they would end up screwing up the economy -- even more -- with their contrary thinking and acting.

We have made no progress. Things are getting worse, not only with the virus, but for regular people's economic lives. And as of this week, the market is taking notice and taking a hit.

DamnitdamnitdamnitdamnitDAMNIT!

coffeebean 10-28-2020 05:50 PM

Some countries in Europe are resorting to lock downs again. I do not want to see any lock downs but I would like to see every American do their part to slow the spread of this virus. That means wearing a mask and social distancing.

Bucco 10-28-2020 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomer (Post 1853641)
Damnitdamnitdamnitdamnitdamnit

I kept saying if the pseudo-patriotic anti-maskers did not get a grip on reality and at least try to use all we've got, they would end up screwing up the economy -- even more -- with their contrary thinking and acting.

We have made no progress. Things are getting worse, not only with the virus, but for regular people's economic lives. And as of this week, the market is taking notice and taking a hit.

DamnitdamnitdamnitdamnitDAMNIT!

Definition of patriotism has done a funny turn.

Used to be about "doing" for your country. Now simply put a flag somewhere, talk loud, and proclaim yourself a patriot.

"pseudo-patriotic" is a great description

Lindsyburnsy 10-28-2020 06:06 PM

I just don't understand why wearing mask is such a decisive matter. It isn't difficult. It doesn't hurt. You don't get disease from wearing a mask. When our grandchildren examine history in 2020 and the COVID19, they are surely going to think we have lost our minds over not wearing a mask that has been proven to protect us by more than any vaccine will do. Just mindbogling. People don't want to wear a mask, but they want to bring an AK15 to Walmart. Insanity!

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1853597)
Up front, would like to say if any of you do want want to read another mask thread, please feel free not to read any further...............

Not enough Americans are heading the advice of the experts to wear a mask when in public. Dr. Fauci weighs in on this divisive virus mitigation........

Fauci Says Nationwide Face Mask Rule May Be Needed

Boomer 10-28-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 1853649)
Some countries in Europe are resorting to lock downs again. I do not want to see any lock downs but I would like to see every American do their part to slow the spread of this virus. That means wearing a mask and social distancing.

Yes. And stop hanging around together in Petri dishes.

mrrmauu 10-29-2020 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindsyburnsy (Post 1853655)
I just don't understand why wearing mask is such a decisive matter. It isn't difficult. It doesn't hurt. You don't get disease from wearing a mask. When our grandchildren examine history in 2020 and the COVID19, they are surely going to think we have lost our minds over not wearing a mask that has been proven to protect us by more than any vaccine will do. Just mindbogling. People don't want to wear a mask, but they want to bring an AK15 to Walmart. Insanity!

We could eliminate MANY more deaths by all hiding in our basements with a mask on 24/7. We can also eliminate many deaths by reducing the speed limit on all roads to 5 mph. It’s called taking a calculated risk, it’s called living life.

PugMom 10-29-2020 05:10 AM

:popcorn:

kannon 10-29-2020 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucco (Post 1853654)
Definition of patriotism has done a funny turn.

Used to be about "doing" for your country. Now simply put a flag somewhere, talk loud, and proclaim yourself a patriot.

"pseudo-patriotic" is a great description

Totally agree. There was a generation that made great sacrifices during WWII. In the front line and from back home, there was a patriotic cohesiveness that was developed to rid the world of evil. But we can't do that do. We are not talking about rationing sugar or meat or going to the main front, but just wearing a mask. I wear a mask. I don't love it. But it's so easy to do to maybe protect that neighbor of mine or the elderly grocery clerk in the store or the overworked tired health care workers at the hospital. it's the least I can do. And it is Patriotic.

banjobob 10-29-2020 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrrmauu (Post 1853734)
We could eliminate MANY more deaths by all hiding in our basements with a mask on 24/7. We can also eliminate many deaths by reducing the speed limit on all roads to 5 mph. It’s called taking a calculated risk, it’s called living life.

You are right those with compromised immunity should take every precaution to protect themselves, the rest of us only minor flu like issues.

Mardarlowe 10-29-2020 05:54 AM

I see about 90% compliance everywhere I go. That's outstanding. Not sure why all the whining over 10 percent.

dewilson58 10-29-2020 05:55 AM

Drugs are the only way out of this.