Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Hawkes Bay (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/hawkes-bay-312819/)

ogme480 11-06-2020 07:33 AM

Hawkes Bay

Played Hawkes Bay for first time yesterday and was disappointed in the condition of the overall condition of greens when compared to the many others we play almost on a daily basis in The Villages. Not sure how they'll survive the winter with the condition they're in now. Recent smear with sand across most greens and lot of dead spots on greens themselves. Perimeter of many tee boxes / greens lacking water as apparent in no grass. Greens rolled fast and would look to play elsewhere if have an option.

randykw 11-07-2020 06:19 AM

I agree. Played Hawkes Bay many times, mainly because it's close by. Saddlebrook is slightly better. Pimlico, Churchill and Belmont are ok. El Diablo & El Santiago are good. Only been here 4 months and of the 9 Exec's I've played, Briarwood and Walnut Grove are by far the best.

Bay Kid 11-07-2020 07:52 AM

Seems they have been struggling for the past several years with bad greens. Sad because it is a cool layout.

Girlcopper 11-08-2020 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogme480 (Post 1856894)
Played Hawkes Bay for first time yesterday and was disappointed in the condition of the overall condition of greens when compared to the many others we play almost on a daily basis in The Villages. Not sure how they'll survive the winter with the condition they're in now. Recent smear with sand across most greens and lot of dead spots on greens themselves. Perimeter of many tee boxes / greens lacking water as apparent in no grass. Greens rolled fast and would look to play elsewhere if have an option.

So? Plenty of other courses to go to.

graciegirl 11-08-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ogme480 (Post 1856894)

When I read these I wonder so many things. AND think so many things...the first is.... For free take. For buy complain. And the people in your foursome who are your game opponents are facing the same challenge to get a low score. I have so enjoyed watching the recent National golf tournaments with pristine courses and views unobstructed by masses of people, but realize just how much courses like that cost to play.

I am interested to know...did you score well or awful? Was it a lot different than your playing partners?? Isn't it nice to have golf options that cost so little?

HIgolfers 11-08-2020 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1857837)
When I read these I wonder so many things. AND think so many things...the first is.... For free take. For buy complain. And the people in your foursome who are your game opponents are facing the same challenge to get a low score. I have so enjoyed watching the recent National golf tournaments with pristine courses and views unobstructed by masses of people, but realize just how much courses like that cost to play.

I am interested to know...did you score well or awful? Was it a lot different than your playing partners?? Isn't it nice to have golf options that cost so little?

GracieGirl- you must not be a golfer. Posts like these are helpful to other golfers if for no other reason than to let folks know which courses to avoid. With 40+ exec courses to choose from, no need to play one in poor shape. Some of us appreciate hearing other golfers’ experiences on various courses in TV.

Pdesensi 11-13-2020 08:47 AM

Overplayed

Bay Kid 11-14-2020 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pdesensi (Post 1860296)
Overplayed

Aren't they all?