Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   TOTV Website and Mobile Suggestion Box (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/)
-   -   Suggestion about the Current Events and News Subforum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/totv-website-mobile-suggestion-box-425/suggestion-about-current-events-news-subforum-312859/)

coffeebean 11-07-2020 01:18 PM

Suggestion about the Current Events and News Subforum

May I respectfully suggest that the title of the "Current Events and News" forum be changed to not include any of those words. The single most news worthy and the single most current event happening in real time can not be uttered on that sub forum. This is simply ludicrous.

Please rename the sub forum. It makes me feel as though my hands have been tied behind my back and my ability to speak my mind on one of the most important news worthy current events in our lifetime must be kept under wraps.

Maybe with a different name for the "Current Events and News" sub forum which does not elude to have anything to do with news and current events, I won't feel as though my thoughts are being castrated.

Thank you.
Respectfully,
coffeebean

Polar Bear 11-07-2020 01:26 PM

With all due respect, of course the ā€˜pā€™ word is a large part of the news. But it is certainly not the only current event and it is not the only news. If you feel like it is, maybe you should broaden your horizons just a bit. :)

Dana1963 11-07-2020 02:20 PM

When will they start collecting for The Presidential Library and where will it be locating?

PugMom 11-08-2020 11:11 AM

i wouldn't mind a section devoted to all current events, but civility can be in short supply. before you know it, there's all caps 'shouting', name calling & flame wars exploding in ALL the threads. i'd hate to have to be the moderator sorting thru the nonsense, so i can see the argument for discouraging such discussions. maybe it's our own fault?? food for thought, comments welcomed :icon_wink:

Two Bills 11-08-2020 11:25 AM

There should be a Comments Section, unmoderated, with a health warning attached, that all who enter should put on their Big Boy and Girl Pants, and not to complain if their hair gets ruffled!

coffeebean 11-08-2020 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PugMom (Post 1858015)
i wouldn't mind a section devoted to all current events, but civility can be in short supply. before you know it, there's all caps 'shouting', name calling & flame wars exploding in ALL the threads. i'd hate to have to be the moderator sorting thru the nonsense, so i can see the argument for discouraging such discussions. maybe it's our own fault?? food for thought, comments welcomed :icon_wink:

My suggestion for a sub-forum to include ALL current events would be to "ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK". Don't like what is being said then leave and don't click on the forum ever again. We are adults and can make our own decisions. But that's just me.