Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Favorite Restaurant for curbside pickup or delivery (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/favorite-restaurant-curbside-pickup-delivery-312867/)

Foxmd 11-07-2020 07:08 PM

Favorite Restaurant for curbside pickup or delivery

I have enjoyed curbside pickup at TooJays and Olive Garden. What restaurants do you recommend for curbside pickup? What restaurant delivery services do you recommend?

tophcfa 11-07-2020 07:40 PM

Sakura or VKI

Stu from NYC 11-07-2020 08:06 PM

Kayame but you do have to get out of your car

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 11-08-2020 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tophcfa (Post 1857727)
Sakura or VKI

Mine had been Sakura as well, but the last few times we got take out from them is was not up to their usual standards.

I think that next time we might try VKI. I've always like them a bit better when we would eat inside but Sakura is a lot closer for me.

charlieo1126@gmail.com 11-08-2020 09:57 AM

Bonefish and Carrabba’s

Nucky 11-08-2020 10:03 AM

Sakura stiffed us on the last order we made last weekend. I let it pass because the food had been wonderful for the entire time we've lived here. Usually once or twice a week.

All take-out or curbside delivery places that are not busy are off our list for a while because their inventory may not be turning over fast enough and they don't wanna throw it out.

The most helpful yet disappointing report that was given on TOTV'S sometime back was the people preparing the Sangwiches at Jersey Mikes weren't wearing Masks. That's a deal-breaker. I was so disappointed that I never asked which Jersey Mikes was the problem store.

When will the day come that we can go back to living the lifestyles of the Rich and Not So Famous and Swim Down to The Fin or The Plantation or The Chop House several times a week? Just like the good old days. We didn't know they were the good old days. I'll be more appreciative next time around. :pray:

Chi-Town 11-08-2020 10:09 AM

Cheng's is pick up only. The food is good and nicely packed to go. They have a pick up window.

twoplanekid 11-08-2020 10:24 AM

Oakwood Express smokehouse and grill in Wildwood will deliver to your car. I enjoy eating their ribs.

Sharon A Mcginnis 11-09-2020 06:09 AM

We like Lake Sumter’s Panera

Rwirish 11-09-2020 07:07 AM

Burger King.

islandtimeCB 11-09-2020 09:39 AM

What is VKI?

aa1949a 11-09-2020 11:47 AM

Flippers.

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 11-09-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Judychrismac (Post 1858322)
What is VKI?

The Japanese restaurant in Lake Sumter Landing. It's at 1004 Old Mill Run just off the square. Excellent sushi.

Dorebea 11-09-2020 01:20 PM

Vaccine coming

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nucky (Post 1857977)
Sakura stiffed us on the last order we made last weekend. I let it pass because the food had been wonderful for the entire time we've lived here. Usually once or twice a week.

All take-out or curbside delivery places that are not busy are off our list for a while because their inventory may not be turning over fast enough and they don't wanna throw it out.

The most helpful yet disappointing report that was given on TOTV'S sometime back was the people preparing the Sangwiches at Jersey Mikes weren't wearing Masks. That's a deal-breaker. I was so disappointed that I never asked which Jersey Mikes was the problem store.

When will the day come that we can go back to living the lifestyles of the Rich and Not So Famous and Swim Down to The Fin or The Plantation or The Chop House several times a week? Just like the good old days. We didn't know they were the good old days. I'll be more appreciative next time around. :pray:

Better days are coming. I saw on the morning news today that two drug companies (Pfizer and BioNTech) plan to have vaccines ready by month end for FDA approval. Will go to 1st responders and nursing centers first. General rollout to start early next year but will take time to distribute to a mass level. Military working on logistics.

DecaturFargo 11-09-2020 02:19 PM

Steak 'n Shake