Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Kitchen and Bath Remodels (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/kitchen-bath-remodels-303/)
-   -   Burn's Kitchen and Bath (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/kitchen-bath-remodels-303/burns-kitchen-bath-312936/)

Ad poster 11-10-2020 08:19 AM

Burn's Kitchen and Bath

5 Attachment(s)
Burn's Kitchen and Bath

Breathtaking Kitchen, Bathroom, and Home Remodeling
in The Villages

*Granite & Quartz Countertops
*Sinks & Faucets
*Sealers & Cleaners
*Cabinets
*Custom Furniture & Millwork
*Flooring
*Backsplashes

Licensed & Insured

352-307-0697

CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE

Beepart 05-04-2021 12:54 PM

Burn’s Woodworking

I have held me words long enough. If you live here in The Villages and you are considering renovations using Burn’s Woodworking - I implore you, DO NOT DO IT! I have kept a journal of the times we have had to contact them, ask when people were showing up, if cabinets were in, the days I had to take off because they were supposedly coming to sand or paint or install - NOT and what they were going to do about the screw ups, and it continues...this started in October 2020 and here we are May 2021.
Just give me a call or text me...I will gladly give you all the crap we have had to deal with.

retiredguy123 05-04-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beepart (Post 1939521)
I have held me words long enough. If you live here in The Villages and you are considering renovations using Burn’s Woodworking - I implore you, DO NOT DO IT! I have kept a journal of the times we have had to contact them, ask when people were showing up, if cabinets were in, the days I had to take off because they were supposedly coming to sand or paint or install - NOT and what they were going to do about the screw ups, and it continues...this started in October 2020 and here we are May 2021.
Just give me a call or text me...I will gladly give you all the crap we have had to deal with.

I would suggest that the OP may want to provide information about the complaint on BBB.com, and the three detailed negative reviews on Yelp. It could make their advertising more productive. BBB rates Burns at C+ because they did not reply to them regarding a customer complaint. Most businesses on BBB have an A or better rating.

drpepper 05-11-2021 03:21 AM

Burns came to our house for an estimate. The guy was rude and impersonal. We never heard from them. Probably too small a job. Unprofessional

Chase219 09-29-2021 10:06 AM

Stay Away Burns Woodworking

5 Attachment(s)
Unfortunately I really hated to post but Robert Burns left me no choice after months of trying to get our kitchen and master bathroom redone with quartz counters at $80.00 a SF here are the results , plumbing and electrical done with unlicensed people also one electrician who said he was licensed wanted to glue electrical outlets in our walls because cut out in Quartz were made to large needless to say home owner threw him out , tried to get Owner out to home to look at this mess and after several calls he would not show up or even return my calls apparently he really shows he does not care about his employees workmanship. Because of the master bath electrical it was shorted out for 3 days with no lights in the bathroom area until I called a Real licensed electrician and they fixed it costing me over $300.00 to fix there screw ups.Putting in the plastic outlet receptical boxes 3 inch wood screws is really unacceptable cracking the plastic boxes and shorting out a GF breaker . To much more to go over pictures are posted

ureout 09-29-2021 10:19 AM

wow.. is this karma?? just had them give an estimate on kitchen and I agree the owner has no personality at all... we were told that we would get a detailed estimate by e-mail... we waited 1 week and called them and was told it should be done soon.. we did receive the estimate 2 days later, but who takes 9 days to do it?? having second thoughts now???

Chase219 09-29-2021 05:05 PM

Burns Construction Here Are Pictures Of A Recent Job On Spanish Moss Way Fenney 09/24

5 Attachment(s)
Been going on for Months and this is the final result asked numerous times for the owner to come see their employees' workmanship and he does not respond Now my attorney can get a response.

Thousands of Dollars Wasted but will have day in court.

Chase219 09-29-2021 05:32 PM

Burns Woodworking and Construction Summerfield and Oxford

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chase219 (Post 2010664)
Been going on for Months and this is the final result asked numerous times for the owner to come see their employees' workmanship and he does not respond Now my attorney can get a response.

Thousands of Dollars Wasted but will have day in court.

Licensed and insured Here is a sample of electrical cut outs in the Quartz. Outlets were put back in with 3-inch wood and sheet metal screws, holes were cut out way to large causing a GFI breaker to short out and have No lights in Master Bath for 3 days, till finally I had to hire a real licensed electrician the so call one he finally sent wanted to use liquid nails or something like that to glue them in the wall till I threw him out of my home. BEWARE OF Hiring Non-Professional Contractors.

La lamy 09-30-2021 12:42 PM

Very helpful comments. :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: This business is off my list for sure!!

Chase219 10-02-2021 07:05 AM

First set of photos On Ad

Pictures on the first set of Burns ad certainly is not their work must have been taken from a magazine. The second set is actually their work. Pictures were removed but you can see them by contacting me in the village of Fenney or by sending me an email at chase219@msn.com Must of paid the talk of the Villages to remove their actual work pictures.
Stay Away

bhancock 02-27-2022 10:17 AM

Burns Woodworking

I was very disappointed in their work. They did a lousy job, and over charged me for work they did not do. I am in the process of suing them.

JoMar 02-27-2022 05:29 PM

We narrowed our selection to Burns and Todd Wood in Inverness (Doc's couldn't compete and Gingrich couldn't provide an estimate for 3 months). After visiting Burns we left with a very uncomfortable feeling on their abilities and knowledge. We did a full remodel with Todd Wood Kitchens and had an exceptionally great experience. Sometimes going a little farther out of TV works.

bhancock 02-28-2022 08:27 AM

Remodeling

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMar (Post 2066549)
We narrowed our selection to Burns and Todd Wood in Inverness (Doc's couldn't compete and Gingrich couldn't provide an estimate for 3 months). After visiting Burns we left with a very uncomfortable feeling on their abilities and knowledge. We did a full remodel with Todd Wood Kitchens and had an exceptionally great experience. Sometimes going a little farther out of TV works.

Well, I wish I had it to do over again, but it is what it is. Glad you had a great experience. Have a blessed day.

bhancock 03-24-2022 07:57 AM

Burns Woodworking

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhancock (Post 2066683)
Well, I wish I had it to do over again, but it is what it is. Glad you had a great experience. Have a blessed day.

Now that it's over, I can tell you Burns did a terrible job, and refused reimbursement. Please do your homework before hiring them. I wouldn't trust them to replace a door handle.

Dlynne 05-19-2022 04:02 PM

BURNS DID Amazing work on my counter tops - DO NOT GO TO ULTIMATE GRANITE

I went to BURNS after another local (Ultimate granite) took my deposit, then I selected the 12 slabs, on the day of cutting each slab, the colors did not match, (Luckily I wrote down the numbers of each slab) then found out they switched the numbers and gave me garbage pieces of granite. DO NOT GO TO ULTIMATE GRANITE

I walked into Burns, overwhelmed and very upset, with the other company the owner and his team took great care of us, they installed with no issues, and very professional. We are completely satisfied and HIGHLY RECOMMEND BURNS ON 441