Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Traditional Polish restaurant coming to Wildwood (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/traditional-polish-restaurant-coming-wildwood-313060/)

champion6 11-14-2020 07:06 PM

Traditional Polish restaurant coming to Wildwood

PolanDeli Market & Kuchnia will open soon where Woody's BBQ was formerly located - on US 301 just north of the turnpike interchange, near Comfort Inn and Marathon gas station.

From their Facebook page: Fresh, handmade authentic Pierogi, Kiełbasa, Gołąbki and many more Traditional Polish Dishes. PolanDeli Market & Kuchnia, our new restaurant, market and deli, opening soon at 1220 S. Main Street, Wildwood, FL.

valuemkt 11-14-2020 07:17 PM

coś dobrego dla każdego

Velvet 11-14-2020 08:47 PM

Yes!

Stu from NYC 11-14-2020 09:34 PM

Interesting

rjn5656 11-15-2020 08:04 AM

Restaurant

I am ready to try it.

LuvtheVillages 11-15-2020 08:26 AM

Looking forward to it. These are the same people who sold pierogi at the Brownwood farmers market.

graciegirl 11-15-2020 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1861060)
PolanDeli Market & Kuchnia will open soon where Woody's BBQ was formerly located - on US 301 just north of the turnpike interchange, near Comfort Inn and Marathon gas station.

From their Facebook page: Fresh, handmade authentic Pierogi, Kiełbasa, Gołąbki and many more Traditional Polish Dishes. PolanDeli Market & Kuchnia, our new restaurant, market and deli, opening soon at 1220 S. Main Street, Wildwood, FL.

My favorite, OUR favorite are cabbage rolls. I don't know the correct name in Polish or any Polish. As a young person I attended many wedding receptions where Cabbage Rolls were served. Is it called Golabki? Will they have them????? Wait I will look at their menu. This sounds WONDERFUL.

I found that Golabki is Cabbage Rolls in English but it says it is pronounced Go-wump-kee. Polish must be challenging to read or learn to speak.

They will be at Brownwood today????

LiverpoolWalrus 11-15-2020 10:58 AM

Speaking of eastern European food, does anyone know of a restaurant in TV that serves borscht with or without cabbage?

Dana1963 11-15-2020 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1861258)
My favorite, OUR favorite are cabbage rolls. I don't know the correct name in Polish or any Polish. As a young person I attended many wedding receptions where Cabbage Rolls were served. Is it called Golabki? Will they have them????? Wait I will look at their menu. This sounds WONDERFUL.

I found that Golabki is Cabbage Rolls in English but it says it is pronounced Go-wump-kee. Polish must be challenging to read or learn to speak.

Commonly known as Stuffed Cabbage. Stuffed Cabbage Recipe - Food.com

valuemkt 11-15-2020 04:00 PM

Good Phonetic

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1861258)

Correct pronunciation Gracie. Sometimes baked, other times boiled in Tomato Soup.
A variety of ground meat fillings. There are many other Eastern European names / recipes.. eg Ha-loop-kie .

Velvet 11-15-2020 04:19 PM

Did you say cabbage rolls? Yum! I know how to make it with fermented cabbage leaves, rice and two types of ground meat, or with tomato sauce and I add sour cream on top. I’m not Polish but my childhood friend next door was, as far as girlfriends go she was “the love of my life”. Can’t wait.

Stu from NYC 11-15-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana1963 (Post 1861280)
Commonly known as Stuffed Cabbage. Stuffed Cabbage Recipe - Food.com

You beat me to it. My mom and mother in law used to make it all the time.

Scott O 11-16-2020 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1861060)

Thanks, that’s great news to have a great ethnic restaurant so close to us down in Wildwood! Some of my favorite foods!

Jewelz 11-16-2020 06:04 AM

Fantastic news- we are excited to check it out!!

mp.scanland 11-16-2020 06:21 AM

Try Aneta's in Ocala.