Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Home Insurance Cancelled? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/home-insurance-cancelled-313140/)

markusb741 11-17-2020 06:50 AM

Home Insurance Cancelled?

Received a "Notice of Non-Renewal" yesterday from US Coastal Property & Casualty due to risk exposure management. Curious if anybody else got one. Gonna call the Villages Insurance this morning to get an explanation. We had sink hole coverage and never had any claims. Any comments or suggestions??

thelegges 11-17-2020 09:51 AM

How old is the house. We bought preowned, and home was built in 12/09. No sinkhole.
Aig tripled rate, no reason, other than a $15,000 deductible for wind damage. We switched to State Farm for close to our original premium last year, with the same coverage.

justjim 11-17-2020 09:59 AM

All these new roofs I see being put on might have something to do with higher homeowner rates. I’m sure The Villages insurance can find you another insurance company to insure your home.

pauld315 11-17-2020 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1862087)
All these new roofs I see being put on might have something to do with higher homeowner rates. I’m sure The Villages insurance can find you another insurance company to insure your home.

And it will be at a higher rate, all those roofs that scammers are having put on their houses for "free" have to be paid for by somebody. In this case, it is all people who own homes in The Villages.

manaboutown 11-17-2020 10:58 PM

Canceled

thelegges 11-18-2020 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 1862297)
Canceled

Question or a statement.

Wouldn’t be the first time an insurance company canceled a policy

Neils 11-18-2020 06:17 AM

Most of the new roofs on homes that are about 4 years old are paid for by roof material supplier. Defective material.

richs631 11-18-2020 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markusb741 (Post 1861981)
Received a "Notice of Non-Renewal" yesterday from US Coastal Property & Casualty due to risk exposure management. Curious if anybody else got one. Gonna call the Villages Insurance this morning to get an explanation. We had sink hole coverage and never had any claims. Any comments or suggestions??

Your first mistake is using the villages insurance company. They are very expensive. I used an outside agency and my cost was 40% less for the same coverage. Also, if you read your sink hole portion of the policy you will probably cancel it.

richs631 11-18-2020 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justjim (Post 1862087)

Just an FYI. Those new roofs that you see going up are NOT paid from a homeowners policy. It’s paid by the roof manufacturer due to defective materials

BlueHeronFan 11-18-2020 06:52 AM

Check with Allstate at Buffalo Ridge. I got an excellent policy with them with sinkhole deductible at $1000 instead of 10% deductible like my previous thru Villages Independent Insurance. I also have on auto and golf cart and get discounts and good driver rebates.

jacksonbrown 11-18-2020 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markusb741 (Post 1861981)

Suggestion?

Here's one, call the carrier directly, asking that you might talk with a customer service representative (CSR).

Maybe the explanation is as simple as miscommunication. Or, maybe an anonymous tipster called your company complaining that you had adopted an "attack" dog.

It's happened.

Skunky1 11-18-2020 07:48 AM

My neighbors are bragging about their new roof they got for free and it’s not because the roof material was defective. Beware of the free inspection! You would be wise when they ring your doorbell to just tell them to go away. If you are concerned about your roof contact your own independent roofing company to inspect your roof for free.

coconutmama 11-18-2020 07:49 AM

We have bundled Progressive insurance thru Villages Insurance. No new roof, no claims. Received new bill this month. It went DOWN $8.00. Not much but we’ll take it!

M2inOR 11-18-2020 07:56 AM

If you are a prior service members, or have one in your family, check with USAA for all your insurance needs. A similar company for those not affiliated with the Army, Air Force, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard, check rates with AMICA.

Both are top rated with Consumer Reports.

christine J Toft 11-18-2020 07:57 AM

My mother's neighborhood is all getting (except for her, she paid for her own) new roofs. Homes are 20-23 years old. First new roof for all. Roofing company bill insurance as "storm damage". Obvious fraud. People bragging about new roofs. So, it's not just newer homes.