Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Lock or Unlock (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/lock-unlock-313167/)

Eg_cruz 11-17-2020 06:31 PM

Lock or Unlock

Tonight leaving a restaurant I went to get in car ( a line of white compact SUV) I have keyless entrance to unlock my car, I just have to put my hand through the door handle, so put my hand through and open the door...to my surprise it was not my car....🤣😂🤣😂 I was taken back because the door open. This made me think why would anyone leave their car unlock. I felt awful that I open up someone else vehicle. I didn’t touch anything I promise. This made me think why would anyone leave their car unlocked? FYI my house and car are lock 24/7. Do you you leave your car unlock when you go places?

retiredguy123 11-17-2020 06:41 PM

I don't, but I know a lot of people who leave their cars and houses unlocked.

coffeebean 11-17-2020 06:51 PM

I'm from New York. Don't ever leave my car unlocked when not in the garage. I never leave my front door unlocked unless the door is open for fresh air.

Mortal1 11-17-2020 08:28 PM

You shouldn't be surprised...in this day of "the sky is falling" there are still some people of faith(naivety)and don't worry about thieves as much as some folks do.

jebartle 11-18-2020 05:28 AM

I've mistakenly locked my husband out many times, lol! I lock everything!

Kerry Azz 11-18-2020 06:39 AM

Locks only stop honest people. But I do lock up my car and house!

SacDQ 11-18-2020 07:35 AM

When you can’t fine your keys you’ll be gland you didn’t lock your doors.
LOL!

Dr Winston O Boogie jr 11-18-2020 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 1862272)
You shouldn't be surprised...in this day of "the sky is falling" there are still some people of faith(naivety)and don't worry about thieves as much as some folks do.

Pretty insulting to a lot of people that you equate faith with naivety.

Topspinmo 11-18-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eg_cruz@comcast.net (Post 1862253)
Tonight leaving a restaurant I went to get in car ( a line of white compact SUV) I have keyless entrance to unlock my car, I just have to put my hand through the door handle, so put my hand through and open the door...to my surprise it was not my car....🤣😂🤣😂 I was taken back because the door open. This made me think why would anyone leave their car unlock. I felt awful that I open up someone else vehicle. I didn’t touch anything I promise. This made me think why would anyone leave their car unlocked? FYI my house and car are lock 24/7. Do you you leave your car unlock when you go places?

So they don’t get windows broken out. :shocked:

charlieo1126@gmail.com 11-18-2020 10:30 AM

I always lock my car and in any kind of urban area I make sure nothing is in it , just leaving change in it can cause your window to be broken. I do leave the homes I’ve lived in unlocked ( not condos ) some of this comes from living a large portion of my life in dangerous places , it gives me comfort to be living in safe place, but also because if they break a slider or door and it rains a lot and ruins my floors the damage is worth more then they can steal . I’m wearing my jewelry my watch and diamond

Professor 11-19-2020 05:49 AM

Never. This is not Mayberry...

Hiltongrizz11 11-19-2020 06:17 AM

People make mistakes or forget just like you did!

Skunky1 11-19-2020 06:42 AM

Unlocked cars and houses make thieves out of honest people

allsport 11-19-2020 06:47 AM

Those that leave everything unlocked come from small towns where that is a standard practice. Where I grew up some even left the keys in the car. Houses and cars were never locked. I spent my life in cities and everything is always locked. My front door is open all the time when I am home because I have 2 guard dogs who like to watch outside. No one gets in my house when I am home. Cars always locked.

tsmall22204 11-19-2020 06:50 AM

I usually do not lock my car because I do not keep anything of value in it. I had my car vandalized once and they broke a window to get in. Having a window replaced is a pain. I leave it unlocked, they check out the contents and leave.