Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   rec center masks (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/rec-center-masks-313201/)

rakksk 11-18-2020 04:57 PM

rec center masks

Does anyone know if rec center personnel are required to wear masks?

Bogie Shooter 11-18-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rakksk (Post 1862630)

Contact Us
Recreation Administration
984 Old Mill Run
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-674-1800

Topspinmo 11-18-2020 05:17 PM

Quote:

When I go in rec center and get closer than 6 feet they mask up, course I am wearing mask. Once I make my way to pool table and there is no one within 10 feet I take mask off.

If people come in I move away from them. if they get close I mask up if the occupy table next to me. If anybody in room is coughing I immediately leave.

Last time I read the instructions said mask recommended?

dnobles 11-18-2020 05:35 PM

Yes Rec center employees are required to wear mask

OrangeBlossomBaby 11-18-2020 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1862638)
When I go in rec center and get closer than 6 feet they mask up, course I am wearing mask. Once I make my way to pool table and there is no one within 10 feet I take mask off.

If people come in I move away from them. if they get close I mask up if the occupy table next to me. If anybody in room is coughing I immediately leave.

The OP is asking if employees at the rec center are *required* to wear masks. They're not asking whether or not guests can consider optional.

Topspinmo 11-18-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 1862697)
The OP is asking if employees at the rec center are *required* to wear masks. They're not asking whether or not guests can consider optional.

By my observation they are “required” IAW CDC guidelines. I guess if the OP wants LEGAL determination they can call the number provided by boogie. Thank you for you’re opinion.

solomon 11-19-2020 05:41 AM

YES They are required to wear masks.

banjobob 11-19-2020 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 1862638)

Good common sense approach , protect yourself, others are on their own.

ts12755 11-19-2020 07:25 AM

Why, do you want to get one of these minimum wage employees in trouble? Just wear your mask and stay away from people.

Girlcopper 11-19-2020 07:33 AM

Quote:

I assume by your question that someone wasnt wearing a mask. Instead of looking to get them in trouble, just leave. Simple

shannondwd 11-19-2020 07:50 AM

They are NOT REQUIRED to wear a mask unless you get within 6 feet of them. Can you imagine wearing a mask 8 hours when there is. No one in the building. Very unhealthy that would be.

Gmaf6 11-19-2020 07:58 AM

Masks are requested.....employees should wear them if within 6 ft of someone, indoors.

coffeebean 11-19-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gmaf6 (Post 1862789)
Masks are requested.....employees should wear them if within 6 ft of someone, indoors.

That is what the rec center employees are doing at the sport's pool at Colony Rec Center. I can see the employee putting on the mask as I approach the desk that is set up outside the locker rooms. Works for me. I guess I'd be fine with it inside also but....there is a chance of aerosols lingering in the air of an indoor space if any employees are asymptomatic carriers of the virus. It would be better if the employees kept their masks on and take breaks every once in a while. Isn't that what the employees in our grocery stores and other public indoor buildings have to do?

Waltdisney4life 11-19-2020 08:41 AM

Aerosol lingering is not reported as true by the cdc ,it is media driven. The “death clouds are fiction’” masks are only required if you are unable to maintain six feet distance.

billethkid 11-19-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjobob (Post 1862726)
Good common sense approach , protect yourself, others are on their own.

But I thought wearing of the mask is intended to protect "others"!?