Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Hotest Toys of the Season (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/hotest-toys-season-313228/)

Pairadocs 11-19-2020 01:22 PM

Hotest Toys of the Season

Like other grand parents (maybe ?), I've been trying to obtain this year's hot toy, Little Live Pets Gotta Go Flamingo ! If you have not seen this, just google it, LOL, our generation will scratch our heads, but believe me, if you know young children, anything that has a theme around "natural human functions" gets their attention (The children's book, Everything Poops, is beloved by teachers and children everywhere, the kids just LOVE it). But, the point of this is I finally was able to find two of these "scare birds" without having to resort to secondary market where people have bought them all up and now hold grand parents hostage for $60, $80 and now it see some have gone to $100 ! I received my order (got them for the regular retail price $31.95 and the postage, so happy, will have two delighted little girls..... but now I have received my original order that I was notified was out of stock and would not be available. In short, I now have FOUR, not two. I can return them I am sure by paying the return postage, but decided I would keep them a few days in case others here are like I was, madly dashing around trying to find this "must have" a grand child has been asking for. If so, send me a message and you can have one of my spares ( the total price with tax and shipping was about $34.82 )

JSR22 11-19-2020 01:31 PM

flamingo

I must be a kid at heart! I think it is very funny.

retiredguy123 11-19-2020 01:54 PM

I understand that the "baby's first chainsaw" item is not expected to be a big hit this year.

John_W 11-19-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 1863005)
I understand that the "baby's first chainsaw" item is not expected to be a big hit this year.

That reminds me of a scene from The Office, when Karen was holding a baby and Creed said, here you want to play with these, and holds up a string of paper clips. Karen said, you can't give those to a baby, and creed said, that's alright, I have plenty. For those who don't know, Creed was the original guitarist of the Grass Roots from '66 to '69.

https://i.redd.it/at5ok6wy2u911.png

Creed is second from the left.

https://i2.wp.com/www.13thfloor.co.n...09%2C274&ssl=1

Stu from NYC 11-19-2020 03:39 PM

Quote:

Who would have thought!

bagboy 11-19-2020 04:05 PM

Quote:

Its big in Texas...:eek:

tophcfa 11-19-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

I my honest opinion, I would much rather see a youth learn how to use a chainsaw than a cell phone.

jamorela 11-20-2020 05:46 AM

Walmart online has them reduced to $19.95. You may want to return all 4 and order them for that price.

Ashbrook 11-20-2020 07:18 AM

I am interested please give me a call. My name is Pam BROOKS. My number is 804. 937. 6407. Thank you

shirl10 11-20-2020 07:21 AM

This is very sweet of you. As a grandma who has spent many hours searching for “the” toy in years past I applaud you

Eg_cruz 11-20-2020 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pairadocs (Post 1862981)
Like other grand parents (maybe ?), I've been trying to obtain this year's hot toy, Little Live Pets Gotta Go Flamingo ! If you have not seen this, just google it, LOL, our generation will scratch our heads, but believe me, if you know young children, anything that has a theme around "natural human functions" gets their attention (The children's book, Everything Poops, is beloved by teachers and children everywhere, the kids just LOVE it). But, the point of this is I finally was able to find two of these "scare birds" without having to resort to secondary market where people have bought them all up and now hold grand parents hostage for $60, $80 and now it see some have gone to $100 ! I received my order (got them for the regular retail price $31.95 and the postage, so happy, will have two delighted little girls..... but now I have received my original order that I was notified was out of stock and would not be available. In short, I now have FOUR, not two. I can return them I am sure by paying the return postage, but decided I would keep them a few days in case others here are like I was, madly dashing around trying to find this "must have" a grand child has been asking for. If so, send me a message and you can have one of my spares ( the total price with tax and shipping was about $34.82 )

Still available

GOLFER54 11-20-2020 07:51 AM

I believe babies first ‘electric chair’ is on back order.

Susanzp 11-20-2020 09:09 AM

They are so funny. bought one for my niece before they were unable to be found.

davem4616 11-20-2020 09:18 AM

I had no idea what this toy was all about, so I Googled it

what a total waste of money....

jarodrig 11-20-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pairadocs (Post 1862981)

How about doing something nice and DONATE it to a family that can’t afford to buy one :)