Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Access To Spanish Springs (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/access-spanish-springs-313308/)

jwilkin558@aol.com 11-21-2020 09:01 PM

Access To Spanish Springs

I live in Spruce Creek South and I am able to drive my car everywhere in the Villages but can’t drive my golf cart there. Why? Because I would need a key card. Can someone please explain the rationale about this?

John_W 11-21-2020 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwilkin558@aol.com (Post 1863944)
I live in Spruce Creek South and I am able to drive my car everywhere in the Villages but can’t drive my golf cart there. Why? Because I would need a key card. Can someone please explain the rationale about this?

At the next Villages Community District meeting in your district, bring that question up. What district are you in, I'm not familiar with the Village of Spruce Creek. :1rotfl:

stanley 11-21-2020 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_W (Post 1863947)
At the next Villages Community District meeting in your district, bring that question up. What district are you in, I'm not familiar with the Village of Spruce Creek. :1rotfl:

Spruce Creek is not part of TV. OP is talking about the back gate on the Historic side. As to the OP's question...I don't know

graciegirl 11-21-2020 09:44 PM

Quote:

Over the last decade and more, more than twenty people have died from golf cart accidents in The Villages, and dozens more were seriously injured. Who ever is in charge of keeping golf carts out from other communities has my support. I would have to guess that almost all of the households have at least one golf cart, many have two. We are hovering now at 140,000 residents. That is lots and lots of golf carts with the potential for many accidents.

I imagine the reason you can't get IN, is because you don't live here and pay fees.

Stu from NYC 11-21-2020 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1863953)
Over the last decade and more, more than twenty people have died from golf cart accidents in The Villages, and dozens more were seriously injured. Who ever is in charge of keeping golf carts out from other communities has my support. I would have to guess that almost all of the households have at least one golf cart, many have two. We are hovering now at 140,000 residents. That is lots and lots of golf carts with the potential for many accidents.

I imagine the reason you can't get IN, is because you don't live here and pay fees.

We seem to be one of the few Villagers without a golf cart. Do not play golf and many of the places we normally go are not golf cart accessible.

Why would someone who does not live in the villages and not pay fees for our entertainment expect easy access?

Kenswing 11-21-2020 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 1863954)
We seem to be one of the few Villagers without a golf cart. Do not play golf and many of the places we normally go are not golf cart accessible.

Why would someone who does not live in the villages and not pay fees for our entertainment expect easy access?

The Town Squares are open to the public. You don't have to be a Villager to enjoy that entertainment. It's free to everyone.

The fact that she wants golf cart access is a whole different issue. If you want golf cart access to The Villages, buy IN The Villages.

tophcfa 11-21-2020 10:00 PM

Quote:

Anyone can come to the Villages via automobile regardless of where they live, the roads are public. However, the multi modal paths, which golf carts travel on, are not public paths and are there for the use of people residing within the Villages. You can get around this by getting a street legal golf cart and using the public roads to get into the Villages.

John_W 11-21-2020 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1863953)
...I imagine the reason you can't get IN, is because you don't live here and pay fees.

There's your answer.

Two Bills 11-22-2020 06:00 AM

Probably want priority tee times, and use all facilities next, seeing as they can get to them all by car!:icon_wink:

neikenberry 11-22-2020 06:06 AM

The same reasons golf carts can't enter from outside communities apply to Spruce Creek and Stonecrest. Both of those communities do not allow outside golf carts to enter, although they allow cars to enter to use the facilities. TV golf multi-modal paths are private pathways maintained by residents amenity fees. TV streets are public right of ways.

Scott O 11-22-2020 06:10 AM

Quote:

Seriously? Do you believe we should care...

Neils 11-22-2020 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley (Post 1863949)
Spruce Creek is not part of TV. OP is talking about the back gate on the Historic side. As to the OP's question...I don't know

Where is this back gate? Can I drive my cart to/from Spruce Creek if I have TV gate card?

Eg_cruz 11-22-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott O (Post 1863998)
Seriously? Do you believe we should care...

Why so mean........

Parker614 11-22-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Can resident's of The Villages use the fitness center or pools, etc, at Soruce Creek??? No!! We pay for our amenities. You pay for yours. There is no reason non-Vilkagera sgoukd used our golf cart paths. You already get to enjoy free music at 3 town squares, lots of shops and restaurants within The Villages, etc.

Fused Glass 11-22-2020 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neils (Post 1864000)
Where is this back gate? Can I drive my cart to/from Spruce Creek if I have TV gate card?

Yes